Israel 2009 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:46:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel 2009 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel 2009  (Read 43578 times)
dmet41
Rookie
« on: December 09, 2008, 01:22:07 AM »

The Likud list after preliminary results in the primary:

1. Bibi

2. Gidon Saar

3. Gilad Erdan

4. Rubi Rivlin

5. Benny Begin

6. Moshe Kachlon

7. Silvan Shalom

8. Boogey Yeelon

9. Yuval Shteinitz

10. Lea Ness

11. Yisrael Katz

12. Yuli Edelstein

13. Limor Livnat

14. Yossi Peled

15. Chaim Katz

16. Michael Eitan

17. Dan Meridor (this guy is Israels bellwether, he supported Bibi in 96, Barak in 99, Sharon in 01 and 03, Olmert in 06 and now he's going for Bibi).

18. Tzipi Chutubli

19. Gila Gamliel

20. Moshe Feiglin

21. Zeev Elkin ( currently an Mk from Kadima but will be on the LIkud list.

Wow, with the exception of Meridor it seems as though Netayanyahu's efforts to bring the party to the center have failed especially with Feiglin in the top 20. At least we know who is going to be running the party when Bibi retires...
dmet41
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 04:14:44 PM »

Wow, with the exception of Meridor it seems as though Netayanyahu's efforts to bring the party to the center have failed especially with Feiglin in the top 20. At least we know who is going to be running the party when Bibi retires...

yeah, this is a victory for the right wing within the Likud, and with a list like this I have finally made up my mind that I'm voting for Likud. hopefully Bibi gets replaced as party chairman next election so there is a proper right leadership in the Likud.

Well, it seems like Bibi is not happy as you are with the results....http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3636062,00.html
dmet41
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 06:31:46 PM »

I wonder what impact the recent bombings will have on the election?  I would guess it will provide a boost to Likud.

I haven't seen any polls since the fighting started, but it should help Labor.

if they get the rocket attacks to stop, if cant than it would help Likud bigtime, regardless though i'd say Likud's chances of winning are still very good.
dmet41
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 06:47:30 PM »

That poll was from a few days ago, if you look at the link (http://www.uzit.co.il/poll2009.html) and see the link (the first is kadima, then labor, then likud) you will see that likud and labor are peeling off seats from kadima, little by little.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies