R2K, CA-04: Brown +6 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:44:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Senatorial Election Polls
  R2K, CA-04: Brown +6 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: R2K, CA-04: Brown +6  (Read 5074 times)
cannonia
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.42, S: -1.30

« on: October 27, 2008, 07:55:17 AM »

I really don't want to see Brown win on the strength of his aw-shucks name and his alternatively vacuous and dishonest campaign.  I have to hope the Kos polls rest on faulty assumptions, and that McClintock is not underperforming so badly relative to how he's previously done in this district.  If not, that's politics.
cannonia
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.42, S: -1.30

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 11:46:00 AM »

Flat out, I wouldn't vote for someone who moved to my district from halfway across the state for the sole reason of political opportunism.  I have a feeling there are a lot of voters in CA-04 who feel the same as I do.

McClintock still lives in SoCal. There's no residency requirement (other than living in the same state) for House districts.

He moved his family up to Sacramento (Elk Grove, I believe) while in the state legislature.  I believe he listed his mother's house in Ventura County as his official address.

So of course he got attacked for being a carpetbagger from L.A. who took per diem money he didn't deserve because he lived in Sacramento. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies