Attn. Hughento
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:11:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Attn. Hughento
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Attn. Hughento  (Read 1689 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 19, 2004, 04:49:09 PM »

If you vote against the repeal of Taft-Hartley I will get my Goons to rip your arm off there will be severe... implications... for your Presidential bid.
If you don't like the idea, just abstain.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 10:49:03 PM »

If you vote against the repeal of Taft-Hartley I will get my Goons to rip your arm off there will be severe... implications... for your Presidential bid.
If you don't like the idea, just abstain.

LOL Somehow, I think he's making fun of me...
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 01:10:48 AM »

Al, I voted Nay. it just isn't the time.

Your threat is very interesting, but also without power. The UL will already direct preferences to Harry over myself and I also believe my campaign would be hurt more if I gave into bully tactics such as these, that would make me look like a weak candidate and leader for the nation. The fact of the matter is, I would've probably abstained if you didn't bully me, but you did, so my vote was tipped to a nay. I think my vote might cause more problems within your campaign then my own; members of your party might not appreciate that you lost them the bill.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 06:07:45 AM »

Your threat is very interesting, but also without power. The UL will already direct preferences to Harry over myself and I also believe my campaign would be hurt more if I gave into bully tactics such as these, that would make me look like a weak candidate and leader for the nation. The fact of the matter is, I would've probably abstained if you didn't bully me, but you did, so my vote was tipped to a nay. I think my vote might cause more problems within your campaign then my own; members of your party might not appreciate that you lost them the bill.

Good for you Hugh, way to stand up to The Man.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 08:34:50 AM »

Ahh... satire... Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 08:49:40 AM »

Hugh the threat wasn't serious: it was a satirical take on an opinion piece by Niles.
If you saw it as bullying or a threat, I'm sorry.
And in the spirit of this I've done a follow up to this thread... Smiley
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 07:20:01 PM »

I know it wasn't serious, but i also don't think it was terribly funny. I wouldn't have voted for it anyway, though.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2004, 06:08:14 PM »

Its not so much the Repeal of Taft-Hartley being a bad idea, its just the legislation and debate for the repeal was too veigh.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies