Campaign Report Card (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:18:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Campaign Report Card (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Campaign Report Card  (Read 2731 times)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« on: September 18, 2004, 10:58:24 AM »

In 2000 in terms of "get out the vote" she just flat out butt kicked Karl Rove's behind all over the map. - The Dems just killed the GOP in GOTV - it wasn't even close Shocked

Brazille almost cerrtainly "stole" Oregon, Wisconsin, New Mexico, and maybe even Minnesota "on the ground" from Bush.

You make it sound as if people are completely oblivious to the fact that there was a presidential election going on, as if it the whole thing is just an elaborate sheep-herding contest we hold every four years.

Seriously, if four years of political news, advertisements, speeches, debates, etc. aren't enough to get me to vote, how the heck is a flyer on my car, a phone call from a stranger, or some junk mail going to get me out to the polls?  How many items have you bought because you got a flyer on your car or a telemarketer called you in the middle of your dinner?  What's my motivation for voting?  Do I have a sudden urge to burn some gas and stand in line for 10 mintues because you knocked on my door on November 2?    

Flyer on your car?  Call during dinner?

A proper GOTV effort visits neighborhoods with vans and offers rides to and from the polling place.  A huge effort might even have busses running in some neighborhoods.  They offer brief day care for the kids while the parents go to vote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies