GA-08: Rep. Marshall (D) in another tough race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:58:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Senatorial Election Polls
  GA-08: Rep. Marshall (D) in another tough race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-08: Rep. Marshall (D) in another tough race  (Read 1743 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2008, 01:02:12 AM »

Marshall (D) - 49
Goddard (R) - 45

McCain - 56
Obama - 40

SurveyUSA poll of 634 likely voters taken Oct. 25-26 for Roll Call. It had a 4-point margin of error. Numbers have been rounded.

http://www.rollcall.com/pdfs/MarshallChart.pdf
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 01:07:42 AM »

Marshall owes Obama a huge thank you if he pulls through. He'd probably be dead in the water if Obama wasn't at the top of the ticket. All he needs then is to survive 2010, and he'll likely be carved a fairly safe district so the ultra-Republican parts of his district can be used to create a new safe GOP seat.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 01:12:30 AM »

Marshall owes Obama a huge thank you if he pulls through. He'd probably be dead in the water if Obama wasn't at the top of the ticket. All he needs then is to survive 2010, and he'll likely be carved a fairly safe district so the ultra-Republican parts of his district can be used to create a new safe GOP seat.

Obama is actually doing worse than Gore in this district and about as well as Kerry.

He gets only 18% of Whites ...
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 01:15:29 AM »

Obama is actually doing worse than Gore in this district and about as well as Kerry.

That would've happened with any candidate. The important thing is that more blacks are voting with him.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 01:18:04 AM »

I'm not sure I expect him to lose in 2008, but I do expect him to lose eventually.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 01:22:24 AM »

That would've happened with any candidate. The important thing is that more blacks are voting with him.

I just read that the 8th was re-drawn in 2006, so comparisons with the 2004 and 2000 Presidential race are nonsense anyway. Does anyone know if more conservative parts were added in 2006, compared with the earlier makeup ?
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 03:10:41 AM »

Obama does not appear to be helping Marshall at all.

If more House Democrats were like Marshall, Democratic control of the House would not be half bad.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 05:46:18 AM »

I've half-expected Marshall to lose for a while now.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 07:01:37 AM »

Obama does not appear to be helping Marshall at all.

If more House Democrats were like Marshall, Democratic control of the House would not be half bad.

Sure, seeing as how Marshall votes like a Republican half the time.

I wouldn't shed a tear if he lost.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 07:49:23 AM »

Marshall is probably going to go for Governor or Attorney General in 2010 anyway. He actually thought about running against Chambliss this year. I bet he wishes he did. He would probably be over 50 right now with Obama at the top of the ticket.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 08:10:53 AM »

I just read that the 8th was re-drawn in 2006, so comparisons with the 2004 and 2000 Presidentia race are nonsense anyway. Does anyone know if more conservative parts were added in 2006, compared with the earlier makeup ?

Yes, this district was made significantly more conservative and whiter. The old district looked like a set of lungs because they pinched a military base and, I think, white areas of Warner Robbins and/or Macon out of the center of the district. The Republicans in the legislature put them back in and stretched it down to some conservative parts of the state. Tift County in the south has been Republican ahead of much of the rest of the state.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 01:56:26 PM »

Marshall is probably going to go for Governor or Attorney General in 2010 anyway. He actually thought about running against Chambliss this year. I bet he wishes he did. He would probably be over 50 right now with Obama at the top of the ticket.

He would have been made in the shade against Chambliss.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies