MA-SurveyUSA: Obama up 17 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:32:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MA-SurveyUSA: Obama up 17 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-SurveyUSA: Obama up 17  (Read 2010 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: October 29, 2008, 02:01:25 PM »

Totally off-topic, but I think I'm starting to see a bit of a rightward trend in the Northeast.  Not substantial on a national level, but NJ and RI, and to a lesser degree some other regional states, seem to be picking up R votes a little more than in the past.

Not a big shift -- they're still deep blue -- but interesting to see nonetheless.  Similar to the leftward shift in the mountain west and upper plains (MT, WY, ND, SD).

Caveat: VT, obviously, is not shifting to the right.

Well, most of them have trended so far left that it's hard for them to move any further. Vermont, on the other hand, is getting a lot of the far leftists from New York. I expect it to continue left for a while.

My respect for Massachusetts has declined considerably this election.

Why? Because Obama is doing as well as the state's own senator when he ran for office, and no better?

Versus the national average, Massachusetts is moving hard right. Bush got 35% there in 2004 and had 51% nationally. McCain is polling between 37-39% and only 44-47% nationally. So he should be up here much more if he's ahead nationally by 4-5, not polling at 56%.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies