MA-SurveyUSA: Obama up 17 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:53:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MA-SurveyUSA: Obama up 17 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-SurveyUSA: Obama up 17  (Read 2013 times)
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« on: October 29, 2008, 01:32:07 PM »

Neither McCain nor Obama is in a good position here. Obama is not particularly liked, but the GOP is loathed, and that, along with the Palin pick, will prevent McCain from ever really capitalizing on it.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 01:37:25 PM »

My respect for Massachusetts has declined considerably this election. I also expect that if the Bradley Effect occurs, it'll definitely occur in Massachusetts, and not any of the Southern or Midwestern states.

I think McCain has a ceiling here. I know a number of people, my family included, who disliked, and still dislike Obama, but are reluctantly supporting him over the last month.

That said, there is much less reason to rally to him, and the Democrats, and Deval Patrick are not particularly popular right now. Despite only running 44 candidates in 200 seats, the Republicans are likely to make significant gains in the legislature. There is just no real incentive to rally around the Democrats here.

By the way you can see the same sort of static thing in John Kerry's race. He is stuck in the low to mid 50s, but his opponent can't break 30. I expect high third party results in both races(6-7%+ in Kerry's).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies