Senator Dole is attacking atheists
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:30:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Senator Dole is attacking atheists
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Senator Dole is attacking atheists  (Read 8551 times)
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2008, 03:46:09 AM »

I just watched the ads.  Is Hagan originally from North Carolina?  She has a bizarre accent.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2008, 09:31:43 PM »

I just watched the ads.  Is Hagan originally from North Carolina?  She has a bizarre accent.

Yes she is, but I think somepoint in her life she move to FL then back to NC. But Hagan's voices was never on that ad. It was a fake voice.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2008, 10:56:54 PM »

The bizarre accent was from the press conference where she addressed the ads and said she was really religious.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2008, 11:38:56 PM »

The bizarre accent was from the press conference where she addressed the ads and said she was really religious.

Ah ok. I don't know where she got it from. I know she was born in NC and at some point in her childhood they moved to FL. Then she moved back her and married and raised her 3 kids in Greensboro, NC.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2008, 11:45:57 PM »

I'm disgusted by the fact that non-religious people are looked upon unfavorably by so many people...

But I guess we can turn the lights off on this one, there's nothing to see here. Congratulations Hagan.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 01:56:38 AM »

I'm disgusted by the fact that non-religious people are looked upon unfavorably by so many people...

I've never been religious, but I don't want a Senator elected by big money from people who want to outlaw nativity scenes at Christmas.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2008, 02:11:11 AM »

I've never been religious, but I don't want a Senator elected by big money from people who want to outlaw nativity scenes at Christmas.

They do? Great, just what we need. People persecuting the religious only hurts the non-religious. Of course, I was once one of the persecutors. Sad
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2008, 07:30:49 PM »

Godless Americans promote a secular society and don't want government associated with religion at all. It opposes Christmas being a federal holiday and any mention of in the Pledge of Allegiance or on U.S. currency. Hagan said she doesn't support the group's agenda.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2008, 01:31:04 AM »

Huh. While I'm not a fan of Christmas being a federal holiday, I'm fine with it for the time we get off, though I wish people would just say Merry Christmas FFS. As an Atheist, I find it offensive that we celebrate a Christian holiday & don't acknowledge that it's one so as to not offend people like me.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2008, 01:43:16 AM »

And I'd be fine with Hagan either standing up for her donor base or returning the money, but not trying to have it both ways.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2008, 11:08:14 AM »

It's amazing how someone can be demoted from "incompetent Republican senator" to "human trash" in a mere week.  That said, I am encouraged that Dole is fighting back, and I am going to vote for her enthusiastically now.

Amen.  It was Hagan that brought it on.  People here are ignoring that there is a "godless americans pac".  That's the real issue, not Dole's ad, which was a home run.

Absolutely, Arthur.  Those Atheists disguised as Presbyterian Sunday School teachers who pray to Jesus are everywhere.  Just like Muslims disguised as Christians.

But I'll take a page out of General Powell's playbook here.  What's the problem if Hagan IS an Atheist?
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2008, 11:10:12 AM »

Nobody wants to outlaw Nativity scenes.  Many people, including some Christians, want to see Nativity scenes off government property...for a number of reasons.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2008, 12:13:44 PM »

But I'll take a page out of General Powell's playbook here.  What's the problem if Hagan IS an Atheist?

Absolutely nothing.  Hagan should hold a press conference today and say she is proud to be an atheist.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2008, 12:16:09 PM »

Absolutely nothing.  Hagan should hold a press conference today and say she is proud to be an atheist.

First off Hagan was born and raise in NC you stupid loser. Also she isn't an atheist go troll some other site because we don't want you here.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2008, 12:19:49 PM »

I was born and raised in North Carolina, and I am not Vander Blubb.  Please read more carefully next time.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2008, 12:20:13 PM »

And I'd be fine with Hagan either standing up for her donor base

"her donor base"? It was one person who was one of 40 co-chairs of a fundraiser who belongs to this PAC, and who I suspect knows exactly what he was getting when contributing to a candidate running for Senate from North Carolina.

Good luck conjuring up a wedge issue among Democrats here.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2008, 12:23:38 PM »

I was born and raised in North Carolina, and I am not Vander Blubb.  Please read more carefully next time.

I'm Sooo sorry, take all of what I said and put it toward Vander Blubb.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2008, 12:48:39 PM »

Proud to be an Atheist Presbyterian elder and Sunday School teacher.  Let's be accurate.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2008, 01:14:16 PM »

I think what's more disturbing about this situation is not that Dole put out the ad, but that in order for Hagan to keep herself alive, she felt she had to denounce the group.

That's the interesting part.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2008, 01:23:17 PM »

I think what's more disturbing about this situation is not that Dole put out the ad, but that in order for Hagan to keep herself alive, she felt she had to denounce the group.  That's pitiful and neither of these women deserve this Senate seat.

That's American politics. Anyone running for Senate in certain states who didn't do that, is too incompetent to serve in office.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies