obama's sec of state?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:01:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  obama's sec of state?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: obama's sec of state?  (Read 13509 times)
Four49
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.42, S: -8.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2008, 07:40:38 PM »

John Kerry is getting a pretty big bone in spite of not getting Sec. of State.  VP elect Joe Biden is stepping down as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Kerry is next in line.

I don't know why Bill Richardson would want to quit being N.M. governor to become Sec. of Commerce.  It seems like a step down.  OTOH, his governorship ends in 2 years.  The Commerce gig will last longer.
I'm 99% sure that Obama gave Richardson Commerce with the promise that he'd get State when Clinton retires.
Sec of State's usually don't serve for more than four years or so. At the very least, she'll have Obama, his VP and the Speaker whacked by 2014 so she can start running for re-election by 2016. Tongue

I'd be amazed if Hillary ever retired.  Unless she does something contoversial enough to make Obama look bad and dump her before his re-election bid, we're stuck with her for awhile.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies