AK-Sen, AK-AL/R2k: No, Ted, you have been convicted, and the voters agree
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:49:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Senatorial Election Polls
  AK-Sen, AK-AL/R2k: No, Ted, you have been convicted, and the voters agree
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AK-Sen, AK-AL/R2k: No, Ted, you have been convicted, and the voters agree  (Read 3159 times)
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2008, 05:35:57 PM »

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/10/31/132656/27

Senate:

Mark Begich (D) - 58
Ted Stevens (R) - 36

Previously a 48-46 lead for the non-felon.

House:

Ethan Berkowitz (D) - 53
Don Young (R) - 44

Up from 50-44 for Ethan.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 12:58:45 AM »

If their homecoming queen wasn't on the GOP ticket Obama might actually be ahead here.
perdedor

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 03:02:26 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2008, 06:11:27 PM by perdedor »

I'm still not convinced that these guys are a credible polling source. None the less, Begich is going to win...Stevens is done. Likely not by this margin though, this is Alaska, of all god awful places.

If their homecoming queen wasn't on the GOP ticket Obama might actually be ahead here.

I doubt that. Alaska has voted Democratic exactly once in the state's existence (for Johnson in 1964). The only other time in history that it has been close was in 1960 when Kennedy lost it by 1%. I wouldn't see much for Obama in Alaska, Palin or no Palin.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 02:49:30 AM »

I doubt that. Alaska has voted Democratic exactly once in the state's existence (for Johnson in 1964). The only other time in history that it has been close was in 1960 when Kennedy lost it by 1%. I wouldn't see much for Obama in Alaska, Palin or no Palin.

Look at the poll numbers pre-Palin announcement and tell me Obama couldn't have closed that gap given the state of the race at this point.  North Carolina and Missouri were both at a similar place as Alaska poll wise during the months prior to Palin's unveiling and now they are both looking like they could realistically go for Obama.  Without Palin on the ticket Alaska definitely would have at least been in Obama's second tier.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 03:23:49 AM »

I was actually very worried about Alaska before the Palin pick.

Of course, it has the minimum number of electoral votes.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 08:12:16 AM »

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/10/31/132656/27

Senate:

Mark Begich (D) - 58
Ted Stevens (R) - 36

Previously a 48-46 lead for the non-felon.

House:

Ethan Berkowitz (D) - 53
Don Young (R) - 44

Up from 50-44 for Ethan.

Good both of these idiots are going to lose as they deserve. And if Lisa Murkowski is renominated you Democrats can take her out too in 2010. Berkowitz will probably be atop the GOP's 2010 wishlist. Parnell would be the top GOP candidate and he would have held this seat had he beaten Young. There are probably many other Republicans in this seat who like to move up the food chain as well so its not like Parnell is our only choice.
perdedor

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 06:13:00 PM »

Look at the poll numbers pre-Palin announcement and tell me Obama couldn't have closed that gap given the state of the race at this point.  North Carolina and Missouri were both at a similar place as Alaska poll wise during the months prior to Palin's unveiling and now they are both looking like they could realistically go for Obama.  Without Palin on the ticket Alaska definitely would have at least been in Obama's second tier.

I'm still not convinced. Current polls have North Dakota and NE-2 as competitive. These states will go solidly for McCain as would Alaska have had Palin not been selected.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 03:32:08 PM »

I'm still not convinced. Current polls have North Dakota and NE-2 as competitive. These states will go solidly for McCain as would Alaska have had Palin not been selected.
NE-2 competitive? Cite, please.
kevinatcausa
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 04:10:07 PM »

The polls showing NE-2 as competitive turned out to be accurate, which is more than I can say about this poll. 

Does this win some sort of prize as the furthest off poll this election?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 04:15:41 PM »

The polls showing NE-2 as competitive turned out to be accurate, which is more than I can say about this poll. 

Alaska is just more Republican than how they poll.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 04:16:47 PM »

Yes it does and I think I have set a record myself. I called to races in MN for the Republicans and turned out right and called two AK races for the Democrats and turned out wrong. wow!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 07:16:15 PM »

R2000 wasn't the greatest pollster, but it looks like there was a "Bradley effect" for convicted felons.

© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 08:13:14 PM »

R2000 wasn't the greatest pollster, but it looks like there was a "Bradley effect" for convicted felons.

I think Alaska just has a Retarded effect.  Young won too, and he hasn't been convicted of anything (yet).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies