Your election day experience (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:19:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Your election day experience (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your election day experience  (Read 4074 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 04, 2008, 07:56:16 AM »

Ok traditional voters... tell us how your day was.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 08:00:15 AM »

I got to the polls about 5:30am (30 minutes before they opened), and strangely enough stood in line with my nextdoor neighbors.  There were about 40 people in front of us, so I knew I'd be able to meet up with my carpool folks in time.  Once the doors opened, it took 20 minutes to enter the building, check-in, vote, and exit.  There was one additional voting machine compared to last time, so that made a big difference. 

There were no politickers from any of the campaigns in front of the polling place like usual.  I guess they didn't have any thing else to say after the past two years.  On the way into work over at Crystal City, McCain backers were in full force at every corner.  Many people waving signs for McCain, and there was even a guy dressed up in an Elephant costume dancing around.  hahaha . . . I wish I had my camera for that one.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 09:07:02 AM »

Left my house at 6:30 AM EST. Got to the polls at 6:50 AM EST. Was out of the polling place at 6:55 AM EST.

Casted my vote for Barack, of course.

Impressive.  No lines?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 02:48:54 PM »

I voted straight Republican...there were no state-wide referendums, so it was one click and I was done.

Here we have dozens of obscure races.

It was actually quite strange for us.  No county issues, no referendums, no budget issues.  Just President, Senator, and Representative.  Two years ago, we had like 5 different budget issues and one referendum.  I guess we're being spoiled this year.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies