offical gloating thread!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:03:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  offical gloating thread!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: offical gloating thread!!!  (Read 1545 times)
Barack Hussian YO MAMA!!!!
The Rascal King
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.46, S: 4.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2008, 06:28:10 PM »

this is the offical gloating thread I am not against gloating just as long as its in good taste if your
guy wins try to be a good sport don't be insulting to other posters. just remember if your a democrat how much it may have hurt when Kerry lost. or if your a REP how much it must have sucked eggs when the Dems took back congress in in 2006. 

well I don't really have anything to add!! except how about this election night. this is good stuff!!!
just reamber what would Kool and the gang think!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwEMxYggoKQ
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 12:27:35 AM »

This is not gloating.  I respect John McCain and his service to America.  I think gloating happens when you aren't necessarily happy about winning as you are about not seeing the other guy win.  I would have gloated about a victory over George W Bush, I will not regarding John McCain.  Good luck to he and his family!
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 12:37:46 AM »

I knew this thing was going to be an Obamaslide from the beginning and what did I get? I got mocked for being a "hack" and yet my prediction looks pretty right now doesn't it? Even if I may have been right though I think that this was not about some stupid result but rather a victory for the American people, whether you liked it or not. I think that President-elect Obama's policies will be great for the people and he will lead us in the right direction. I admit it now: I like John McCain, I just didn't want him to be president and I thought his speech was great.
tokar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.87, S: -6.87

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 12:59:23 AM »

I knew this thing was going to be an Obamaslide from the beginning and what did I get? I got mocked for being a "hack" and yet my prediction looks pretty right now doesn't it? Even if I may have been right though I think that this was not about some stupid result but rather a victory for the American people, whether you liked it or not. I think that President-elect Obama's policies will be great for the people and he will lead us in the right direction. I admit it now: I like John McCain, I just didn't want him to be president and I thought his speech was great.

Thats how it works my man...

Now is the time to enjoy it...

Philadelphia won't go 80% for Obama.........WRONG (went 83%)
PA Polls are too large, Obama will never will by 10 points......WRONG (went 10+%)
NH will go to McCain.......WRONG
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 01:08:49 AM »

i hope mccain goes back to the guy ive always liked.  from his concession, it certainly looked like that would happen.  hats off.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 01:23:18 AM »

The one thing I can gloat about:

Now... this is a long call to make, but I think that if this is the case, Indiana going to be a surprise state in November. It has over 100 casualties in Iraq (see http://projects.washingtonpost.com/fallen/states/ ) and had seats changing hands in 2006. I'm still doing some analysis on swings in the state there over the past few elections, but I think that it's going to either be quite close - and maybe even go dem for the first time in goodness knows how long.

I called Indiana back in March.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 01:31:40 AM »

J. J. now ranks below WalterMitty in prediction skills in my book, and probably the whole forum.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 01:37:37 AM »

I'll concede that I underestimated Obama.  But it's looking like my Senate prediction is going to be fantabulouss.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 01:39:05 AM »

Thats how it works my man...

Now is the time to enjoy it...

Philadelphia won't go 80% for Obama.........WRONG (went 83%)
PA Polls are too large, Obama will never will by 10 points......WRONG (went 10+%)
NH will go to McCain.......WRONG

AMEN!

I remember all the "white people won't vote blackie" stuff.  Damn, even I was wrong on 4 Wards I called for McCain although 1 actually did shift towards McCain.  I was reading articles where the GOP were eyeing up 20 blue collar, white Wards that went for Clinton.  And this is not an attack on Phil at all in fact he was pretty civil.  There were people outside of here telling me of Obama getting blown out in the white parts of Philly and I was delusional for thinking Obama even had a prayer in some of these Wards.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 01:42:20 AM »

J. J. now ranks below WalterMitty in prediction skills in my book, and probably the whole forum.

Actually, I did better than most of the polls, though most of the board did. 

Ice Hockey, I couldn't tell what my area was doing until I voted.
The Rascal King
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 01:52:43 AM »

I'll concede that I underestimated Obama.  But it's looking like my Senate prediction is going to be fantabulouss.

the dream is still alive baby !!!!
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=87269.msg1798926#msg1798926
me too on the senate predictions, so far I'm batting one thousand tonight, I thought I might have been over reaching a bit with North Carolina and Indiana but with 99% reporting obama has a slim lead in those state's come on Missouri make me proud.

mccain was incredably gracious in defeat to night I hope all Americans regardless of who you voted for should take pride in the fact that the USA given the tragic history on of race/ slavery/ lynchings segregation elected a African American president of the united states. patriotism, is the word take great pride in how far this country has come!!!

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 02:01:26 AM »

No gloating here - my prediction was atrocious!  But some of my earlier ones were close, and I think I'll have no problem being believed when I admt that my final one was a bit supersticious/disingenuous.
The Rascal King
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 02:06:48 AM »

No gloating here - my prediction was atrocious!  But some of my earlier ones were close, and I think I'll have no problem being believed when I admt that my final one was a bit supersticious/disingenuous.
fatalistic, I'm the same way. 
tokar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.87, S: -6.87

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 02:18:19 AM »

Actually, I did better than most of the polls, though most of the board did. 

Ice Hockey, I couldn't tell what my area was doing until I voted.

See, you would be able to back that up had you created a prediction map...but you didn't.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 02:20:20 AM »

I made no predictions. But I did say that McCain's chances hinged on how badly he lost PA. In this case, hugely.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 02:23:43 AM »

I did pretty good, not for nothing...

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=87458.0 Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies