Wow... Nevada?!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:06:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Wow... Nevada?!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Wow... Nevada?!  (Read 9569 times)
tallguy23
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2010, 02:08:09 PM »

The economy was the main reason he won. The recession did hit CA harder but remember that Nevada has about only two main industries: construction and tourism. Both of these industries were hit hard by the recession. At least CA has a whole range of different industries to fuel the state.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2010, 08:57:09 PM »

Kennedy and Clinton did win Nevada which proves my point that it's as purple as it gets. It votes for winners except in 1976. By reliable Republican I mean it was overwhelmingly supportive of Reagan and Nixon both times as well as Bush Sr. and Eisenhower. I know that those candidates won by landslides, but the margin of victory was even higher in Nevada for them whereas Clinton won by about a point or so both times. If you want to talk about Kennedy winning by more than his margin of victory in 1960, then I have 2 things for you. Kennedy's margin of victory isn't hard to overcome and 1960 was 50 years ago.

Nevada is as purple as a state can get at a presidential level. It has gone from being on the conservative side of victory margins to the middle.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2010, 10:03:33 PM »

Kennedy and Clinton did win Nevada which proves my point that it's as purple as it gets. It votes for winners except in 1976. By reliable Republican I mean it was overwhelmingly supportive of Reagan and Nixon both times as well as Bush Sr. and Eisenhower. I know that those candidates won by landslides, but the margin of victory was even higher in Nevada for them whereas Clinton won by about a point or so both times. If you want to talk about Kennedy winning by more than his margin of victory in 1960, then I have 2 things for you. Kennedy's margin of victory isn't hard to overcome and 1960 was 50 years ago.

Nevada is as purple as a state can get at a presidential level. It has gone from being on the conservative side of victory margins to the middle.

And Eisenhower was 60 years ago...and Nixon was 40 years ago...and Reagan was 30 years ago...and Bush Sr. was 20 years ago...

Your point is moot.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2010, 12:46:31 AM »

And Eisenhower was 60 years ago...and Nixon was 40 years ago...and Reagan was 30 years ago...and Bush Sr. was 20 years ago...

Your point is moot.

Well, Bush Jr. won Nevada 10 and 6 years ago.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2010, 11:47:45 AM »

Your point is moot.

Yes, but consider how much the republican base has diminished there in the last few decades, it used to be an easy 60%, Bush could barely crack 50%.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2010, 01:32:30 PM »

Thank you for understanding what I'm saying. Going back to Kennedy is a long time to go back. That's how long ago a Democrat did better there than they did nationally until Obama. From one Quaker to another, thanks.

Your point is moot.

Yes, but consider how much the republican base has diminished there in the last few decades, it used to be an easy 60%, Bush could barely crack 50%.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies