Where does Obama go on the "offensive" in 2012? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:11:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Where does Obama go on the "offensive" in 2012? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where does Obama go on the "offensive" in 2012?  (Read 6318 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« on: November 05, 2008, 01:46:44 PM »

I thought this would be about his campaign message. Obviously the change theme won't work anymore, so hopefully he has some accomplishments to pitch.
Haha, yeah the change theme ain't gonna fly in 2012.

Anyway, the most likely scenario is probably Obama wanting to hold on to the states he won this year with a possible attempt at Arizona (would probably have gone Obama if it hadn't been for McCain being the GOP nominee), Georgia and Missouri. Montana is a possibily but hey, it's 3 electoral votes so who cares?

One smart pitch that I think he could have attempted already this year, was going heavily after Texas. I would have been very curious to see how close that could have gotten if he had really invested there.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 01:49:27 PM »

Just to clarifly, I'm not suggesting that Obama could have won Texas this year, but my feeling is that democrats would be well advised to start swaying over Texas voters. McCain carried the state by 12 points, but Texas wasn't contested and have lots of latino voters. If democrats want to turn it around at some point, they should start investing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies