NBC/WSJ poll: Romney 33% Huckabee 20% Palin 18%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:25:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  NBC/WSJ poll: Romney 33% Huckabee 20% Palin 18%
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NBC/WSJ poll: Romney 33% Huckabee 20% Palin 18%  (Read 8305 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 05, 2008, 11:15:55 PM »

From Firstread:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/11/05/1646644.aspx

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Unclear exactly how the question is worded.  I guess the way this blog post phrases it, it might have imply asked who Republicans want as their "new leader" rather than who they want as their 2012 presidential nominee, but it's a fairly similar question.  I guess we'll figure it out once the full poll comes out.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 11:17:40 PM »

NOTA - Keystone Phil

The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 11:20:23 PM »

I support Romney right now, there's a decent chance the economy will still be in the tank up to four years form now, he could be our response. Even if it weren't he's a classy and clever guy.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 11:32:26 PM »

Listen, I'm all about hoping the country sees better days but I won't be supporting Obama in his re-election bid. I'm sad to see that you're already on board.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 11:32:37 PM »

I support Romney right now, there's a decent chance the economy will still be in the tank up to four years form now, he could be our response. Even if it weren't he's a classy and clever guy.

If the economy is the #1 issue...I could see myself strongly supporting Romney...but it's still early.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 11:38:27 PM »

I bet Romney takes it. The GOP has thing for people who lost primaries in the past, unlike us Democrats.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 11:43:43 PM »

I bet Romney takes it. The GOP has thing for people who lost primaries in the past, unlike us Democrats.

Who tend to adore General election losers.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 11:55:30 PM »

It's amazing how quickly Sarah Palin's stock has fallen.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 12:36:20 AM »

33% is probably Romney's ceiling, lol.  it's all could could muster this time around despite having a monopoly on the money.
Rococo4

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 12:38:29 AM »

If the economy is the #1 issue...I could see myself strongly supporting Romney...but it's still early.

its still early?  you think?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 12:43:31 AM »

Rudy '12
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 12:58:16 AM »

I strongly suspect that there's not enough room in the primary for both Huckabee and Palin.  I don't think Huckabee wants it anymore anyway.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 01:13:14 AM »

It won't be any of those three....at least it better not.  Actually, it probably won't matter who the sacrificial lamb is.  Unless Obama totally funks up (which is possible), he'll win again in '12.
Reds4

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 01:24:15 AM »

Lots of chatter about Bobby Jindal, and I would certainly support him. He's a very bright guy who is extremely articulate. Way too early though.. goodness... we've got plenty of time to worry about this!
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 01:25:46 AM »

It won't be any of those three....at least it better not.  Actually, it probably won't matter who the sacrificial lamb is.  Unless Obama totally funks up (which is possible), he'll win again in '12.

I doubt Obama wins reelection, or even renomination. His Keynesianism won't cure the economic crisis, and his commitment to Georgia and Afghanistan will likely get us into another unpopular foreign conflict. That doesn't make for a good reelection campaign.

I would support Bobby Jindal for president.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 01:32:00 AM »

I doubt Obama wins reelection, or even renomination. His Keynesianism won't cure the economic crisis, and his commitment to Georgia and Afghanistan will likely get us into another unpopular foreign conflict. That doesn't make for a good reelection campaign.

I would support Bobby Jindal for president.

What?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 01:35:20 AM »

That's what I was thinking.  I can imagine many scenarios where Obama loses the Presidency in '12, but very few where he fails to get the nomination from his Party.  He'd need to be much worse than Bush and I don't think Obama has that in him.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 10:33:13 AM »

That's what I was thinking.  I can imagine many scenarios where Obama loses the Presidency in '12, but very few where he fails to get the nomination from his Party.  He'd need to be much worse than Bush and I don't think Obama has that in him.

Don't forget that there is still a primary opponent of his that came very close to winning and is still bitter about her loss.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 12:37:22 PM »

Even "the evil one" isn't evil enough to try and pull that stunt.  Unless Obama totally screws the pooch, but I think he is smarter than that.  (barring any off the wall scenarios)
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 03:57:53 PM »

Palin 2012!
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 04:07:49 PM »

33% is probably Romney's ceiling, lol.  it's all could could muster this time around despite having a monopoly on the money.

Good call.  Huckabee and Palin's supporters are pretty much one in the same, I suspect.  Let's see who else enters.  Jindal?
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2008, 04:43:31 PM »

And Republicans don't?
With the way this is going, how long until the "2012 Primary election polls" subforum is opened Smiley
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008, 05:28:27 PM »

I have trust problems with Romney, nearly of the magnitude I have with Obama.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2008, 05:35:04 PM »

True, but not this time, fellow.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2008, 07:23:28 PM »

Even "the evil one" isn't evil enough to try and pull that stunt.  Unless Obama totally screws the pooch, but I think he is smarter than that.  (barring any off the wall scenarios)

I wouldn't underestimate her. it would be the first time a relative of a former president ran against the incumbent in the primary. And also, in the early states, if Hillary could convince most of John Edwards supporters to back her, she would win Iowa and New Hampshire and come close in South Carolina. That could give her enough momentum to be a serious threat for the nomination.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies