Is America free when Bush/Kerry controls drug use?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:17:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Is America free when Bush/Kerry controls drug use?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is America free when Bush/Kerry controls drug use?  (Read 1975 times)
BushTheImperalist
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 20, 2004, 05:35:28 AM »

BUSH LIED IN 2000
In the 2000 campaign for president, George W. Bush said that the federal government should not interfere with the medical marijuana policies of the several states. Like so many other promises, he went back on his word and has closed down medical marijuana facilities permitted by state governments.

According to nearly every scientific study on the subject, including ones conducted by the government, medical marijuana provides unique relief to patients suffering from cancer, AIDS, glaucoma and other illnesses, and the drug does not have the same addictive properties as alcohol.

The federally approved Marinol contains the psychoactive THC but lacks other cannabinoids crucial to marijuana as an effective medicine. This is one of the many insanities of federal drug policy, which categorizes a plant that has never been shown to kill anyone as more illegal than cocaine, and certainly more illegal than alcohol.

The federal government has no proper say in the matter, and state governments violate the rights of the people in their own attempts to enforce morality. The decision to ingest, smoke or consume any drug should be up to the individual, under the advice of his or her physician, when appropriate. Locking people up for trying to relieve their pain is cruel and unusual punishment for an act that hurts no one.

When i get older and i want to try opium as it eases the pain i will try as hard as possible to get hold of it. Bush is stopping you the patients from allowing doctors to perscripe you drugs that you chose to take. Bush/Kerry like on crime are weak on drugs.

Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 11:06:04 AM »

I agree, the war on drugs is, for the most part,  a complete waste of money. Legalize drugs for adults, then regulate them strongly.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 11:07:46 AM »

Don't regulate, don't ban.

But it's not a constitutional right by any stretch of the imagination.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 12:56:51 PM »

Sure.  Legalize all the drugs and let everyone get high.  After they kill themselves off, the responsible ones left can claim it was a bad idea, remove the legislation, use the thousands of dead American's as an example, and end the argument once and for all.  Wink

(By the way, that was me that said "disagree" in the vote.  It's not our Constitutional right.)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 01:54:05 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2004, 01:55:08 PM by John Dibble »

Sure.  Legalize all the drugs and let everyone get high.  After they kill themselves off, the responsible ones left can claim it was a bad idea, remove the legislation, use the thousands of dead American's as an example, and end the argument once and for all.  Wink

But wouldn't society be better off without those people? Anyone stupid enough to kill themselves with drugs is probably a person who is a negative to society as a whole anyways, so keeping drugs legal on a permanantly would be better for the country. There would be less stupid people - how is that a bad thing? Yay social Darwinism! Wink
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 02:37:25 PM »

(By the way, that was me that said "disagree" in the vote.  It's not our Constitutional right.)

If people want to kill themselves off with drugs, we have no right to force them not to. We can attempt to persuade and convince them...that's fine. But at the end of the day, it should be their decision.

Drug addicts need rehabilitation, not prison time.
BushTheImperalist
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2004, 05:47:04 AM »

What it will do is allow people/doctors to try all possible alternatives to dealing with their healthcare.

I would be furious if my wife got sick and was told by a doctor that we have this medicine but its illegal to take in the USA.

People who simplify the problem dont understand it.
badnarikin04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2004, 02:15:33 PM »

What it will do is allow people/doctors to try all possible alternatives to dealing with their healthcare.

I would be furious if my wife got sick and was told by a doctor that we have this medicine but its illegal to take in the USA.

People who simplify the problem dont understand it.

Great point BushTheImperialist! Damn you're awesome!

Which brings me to another point: abolish the FDA and the CDC. It is, after all, up to the people to decide whats right for themselves.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2004, 05:31:19 PM »

No, America is clearly very far from free, and drug laws are one of many reasons.  
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2004, 05:32:55 PM »

I think drugs should be legal too, but it doesn't affect me personally because I don't want to actually use any of them.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2004, 05:56:06 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2004, 06:05:24 PM by HockeyDude »

OK, so the people stupid enough to kill themselves with drugs are gone.  That's their fault.

The war on drugs is pointless and unconstiutional.  Be done with it.  (unfortunately, there are millions of parents who feel legalizing drugs will get them into their kids' hands, so neither party will ever support this)  

I never understood this obsession with others' health.  You hear on the news "millions of people are overweight!!!!"  Uhh.....ok.....how is this anyone's problem except those who are overweight.  I see a banner in the Wawa near me "STOP UNDERAGE SMOKING!!!".  I think to myself, what's the problem?  They have an addiction, not everyone else.  HIV, terrorism,....those are real widespread problems.  Things like drug-use, smoking, overweight people, are all isolated to the person with the problem.  I don't see why we need laws and these huge propganda a$$holes like T.R.U.T.H. (these jerkoffs forget that people who smoke choose to do so, they act like the cigarette companies are shoving the things in our mouths are lighting them)  to tell everyone what's appropriate and what's not.  

My philosphy: If you're not hurting or adversly affecting anyone, DO WHATEVER THE  YOU WANT!!!
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2004, 06:14:25 PM »

So you're okay with people keeping their money?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2004, 06:21:39 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2004, 06:23:19 PM by HockeyDude »

No, because not paying your taxes harms everyone else.  No education, no roads, no healthcare.  The gov't wouldn't be able to do it's job.  

Yea, I sound insane at times due to my liberal-ness, but I'm far from it.  
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2004, 07:11:14 PM »

I mean things like the Bush tax cut. Not all taxes.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2004, 10:43:38 PM »

There should be a flat tax rate, occasionally dropping taxes on the middle/low class to help with jobs, lift them up, etc.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies