2009 New Jersey Governor's Race (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:01:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2009 New Jersey Governor's Race (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2009 New Jersey Governor's Race  (Read 317041 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: September 19, 2009, 11:01:43 PM »

LOLOLOLOL.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 11:16:38 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJFDh9cVioY

Where the hell do you get these campaign people New Jersey?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 07:39:39 AM »

Excellent, the tide has turned, good may just triumph over evil.

When you start referring to any New Jersey politician (except maybe Cory Booker) as good, you know you've lost it.  I cannot begin to understand how much of a hack one must be to not only desire a Corzine win, but also characterize it as good triumphing over evil.

Unfortunately this forum has a significant number of leftish hacks.

They are unable to deal with reality.

It's been awhile since I've said this but:
CARLHAYDEN IS RIGHT.

I can understand supporting Jon Corzine, but calling him "good" and saying that if he wins there is "hope for America", you have to be a hardcore Democrat hack.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 08:32:01 AM »

I can understand supporting Jon Corzine, but calling him "good" and saying that if he wins there is "hope for America", you have to be a hardcore Democrat hack.

I see nothing hackish about proclaiming the goodness of Jon Corzine, who happens to share initials with Jesus Christ.

Hmm.

And they are both EPIC JOKES, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 08:58:20 AM »

And they are both EPIC JOKES, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

I'm not sure how you could say such a thing about Governor Corzine in good conscience.

I love your sense of humour.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 07:01:02 PM »

And another jab at Christians... and you wonder why Christians don't like you.

Actually I dont.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 11:19:25 AM »

WHAT A JOKE.

What makes this shithead worse is that he actually duped us into thinking he would run a campaign that wasn't inept enough to sink him to 30% in any other state.  At least the others weren't as big disappointments.  We knew we had the suckiest candidate ever with all of the other losers.  Seriously, how could you NOT win against Jon Corzine?  Oh yeah, because it's New Jersey and he has a D next to his name.  And glad to see Norcross back in the game again, fucking fantastic.

Worst state politics ever.

Whew, rant over.  That feels better.

Even we are saner than New Jersey when it comes to electing governors (actually despite all of the crazies, Oklahoma seems to elect pretty good governors, I hope they continue this process or else Oklahoma will be pledging allegiance to Jesus soon).
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 03:58:02 PM »

More importantly, Corzine is winning the vote from Springsteen fans, apparently.

It seems that Corzine is Born to Run Grin.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 03:44:32 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey

Look under "Governor" and "Lieutenant Governor".

Am I going insane or does it say "Chris Christie" and "Kim Guadango"?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 01:58:20 AM »

I believe that in a couple of weeks enough of the voters who are presently favoring Daggett will hold their noses and reluctantly vote for Christie to get rid of Corzine

Do you really have that much faith in New Jersey voters?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 12:16:36 PM »

After watching this campaign closely I've come to the conclusion that New Jersey does deserve four more years of fail.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 03:57:56 PM »
« Edited: October 19, 2009, 04:01:24 PM by Mechman »

After watching this campaign closely I've come to the conclusion that New Jersey does deserve four more years of fail.

You're from Oklahoma.  You're the very last person that should be passing judgement on any other state's voters or candidates.

Oh wait you're right, we Oklahomans are so stupid and narrowminded when it comes to electing governors (snicker)! No way in hell a moderate Democrat can win here!

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 05:27:40 PM »

LMAO.

Anybody who thinks that Jon Corzine is doing a better job as governor of New Jersey than Brad Henry has done as governor of Oklahoma needs a serious head examination:

http://www.bls.gov/EAG/eag.ok.htm
Unemployment rate: 6.8

http://www.bls.gov/EAG/eag.nj.htm
Unemployment rate: 9.7

And don't give me any of that "governors can't be blamed for bad economies" mumbo jumbo either, we blame presidents all the time for bad economic conditions.

Also, Brad Henry governed over a period of high GDP growth, tax cuts, and economic prosperity in Oklahoma. Can anybody possibly say the same thing about Corzine's tenure as governor of New Jersey?

Now with the market freakout, unemployment has been a little higher and the state economy has kind of taken a hit, but Oklahoma has suffered not near as bad as quite a few other states. How's New Jersey doing?

O let me guess, unemployment rate has no bearing at all about economic conditions, low unemployment rates are only for people who live in places like North Dakota?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 07:17:24 PM »

Yeah, OK is a farm- and commodity-based economy; NJ is manufacturing and white-collar based.  Apples and oranges.

Yeah true Tongue
Just commenting that Brad Henry is widely seen as successful, only the most partisan of people see Corzine as a smashing success.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 08:52:26 PM »

Corzine is slime, dude.  I'm having as much fun with this race as you are, but let's not make Jon Corzine into anything positive as a result of that.

As I said, I don't care much for the guy but he is somewhat preferable to the likes of right-wingers such as Brad Henry.

what makes Henry more 'right-wing' than Corzine?  he says mean things about homos or something?  only one of the two have ever been CEO of Goldman Sachs.

This is by far one of the best things you've said on the forum. Just thought you should know.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 01:39:02 AM »

Man, the Dems are f***ing desperate to win this race, I'm surprised Obama hasn't given his left nut to ensure a Corzine victory.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 11:01:04 AM »

People of New Jersey, remind yourselves this when you show up at the polls on election day:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Corzine is the George Bush of governors: he screws up big time yet there are people who act like he's Jesus Christ.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2009, 11:57:41 AM »

Fascinating to see both sides buying volunteers. Though I suppose everything is for sale in New Jersey.

Amazing quote, this is probably the quote people will remember you by.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 08:59:52 AM »

Democrats can thank Obama for this. 

OK, stop.  You might...repeat, might...have an argument about Virginia.  But this one...Corzine has brought this on himself, and was horridly unpopular during the Bush Administration as well.  The only hope he has of winning is that the public sees his opponent as more extremely flawed than he is.  Obama is definitely not responsible for Corzine's decline, Corzine is.

Dude, I don't think he's arguing that Obama is responsible of Corzine's decline, I think he's arguing that Obama is responsible for taking Corzine from a no chance in hell candidate to a might possibly win this candidate. If he's arguing that, then I agree.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 08:54:44 PM »

Although if he does win I would feel obligated to give him props for pulling off such a victory.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 02:10:39 AM »

Holy hell.

I didn't know New Jersey had it in them!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 11:24:49 AM »

Last night New Jersey did more than just elect a new governor, it proved that it is no long the joke state I always thought it was.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 10:48:05 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2009, 10:51:58 PM by Mechaman »

A bit late, but this was too funny for me not to post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4n-57dgc3o

It's a f**king shame this guy got only 5% of the vote.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 04:52:35 PM »

Wow what a big man you are ECR For attacking someone who isn't even on this forum anymore!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 05:37:03 PM »

I would have done it whether or not he was still here and you know it's true Mechman.  You know it's true.

We both agreed we'd bump it after the election and whoever was wrong would have to own up.  Where is confident Phillip now?

That's right: nowhere to be found.  Face it: a newbie, in his first 10 posts on this forum, called out a veteran member and won.

Go away you idiotic troll. No likes you. Not even me.

But JC, there are quite a few people you don't like.

Also, it's Mechaman, but Mechman is acceptable. And if you like to brag about how you drove someone away from the forum then you're a massive jerk. Just saying.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies