is there such a thing as "The office of the president elect"??!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 02:20:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  is there such a thing as "The office of the president elect"??!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: is there such a thing as "The office of the president elect"??!!!  (Read 5330 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 12:16:44 AM »

I love it. It's like it's a seperate institution. This guy is going to be great.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 12:17:43 AM »

Stupid uppity Obama. How dare he.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 03:16:49 AM »

I know right!

Seriously though, are we really going to go apesh*t just because he decided to call himself what he is: the President-Elect.  Obama knows that the problems our country faces aren't just going to go on pause until Inauguration Day.  He needs to hit the ground running and that's what the function of this office is.  He can't just sit on his laurels and pat himself on the back for the next 2 months.  He may even be able to get some things done before the end of the 110th Congress if he's lucky.
Mr.Jones
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 07:26:14 AM »

Its funny to see people getting upset over his attempt to get the ball rolling even before he gets inaugurated. That shows he is motivated and eager to move right into his task. Whats wrong with his proactive approach ? I find it awsome. And being proactive is much better then being reactive. Seriously he got elected only 3 days ago, he is trying to take initiative, we should support him rather then trying to pinpoint this and that right from the start.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008, 07:49:14 AM »

I read that there is discussion of Obama people joining international conferences alongside Bush people as well. I don't know if it's common but it sounds a little weird to me.

Anyway, I had to admit that I am a bit worried. America and the world needs this to turn out well and I really hope it does. And Obama is worrying me with some of these stunts. I hope he has advisors that both have the ability and are willing to pull him back to the ground with the mortals.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 11:02:46 AM »

I'm just anxiously awaiting the creation of The Office of the First Dog and a fancy seal to go along with it.

I know right!

Seriously though, are we really going to go apesh*t just because he decided to call himself what he is: the President-Elect.  Obama knows that the problems our country faces aren't just going to go on pause until Inauguration Day.  He needs to hit the ground running and that's what the function of this office is.  He can't just sit on his laurels and pat himself on the back for the next 2 months.  He may even be able to get some things done before the end of the 110th Congress if he's lucky.

Dude, no one is going nuts over him calling himself the President-elect. No one is really going nuts at all. It's just the idea that this "office" is being formalized with the seal and stuff. I don't care much but it just seems really silly.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2008, 01:38:24 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/11/25/despite-bells-whistles-office-president-elect-holds-authority/

looks like this thread spawned a foxnews report Wink
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2008, 06:54:54 PM »

The difference between the article title and its URL is amusing.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies