Obama/Biden V. Jindal/Pence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:26:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama/Biden V. Jindal/Pence
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama/Biden V. Jindal/Pence  (Read 2216 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 08, 2008, 12:53:11 PM »

Please post two maps.

Secnario Number One:   Obama is exceptionally effective.  His policies can be reasonably regarded as having revived our economy.  We are out of recession and in a period of strong growth come 2012.  We have national health care.  Aside from military advisors and embassy guards, we are out of Iraq.  We have dealt several massive blows to the Taliban/Al Qaeda in Afghanistan and are getting substantial cooperation from the Pakistanis for our cross border attacks.  Energy independance is not here, but it's closer.  No personal scandals.  America loves this President and the First Family.

Scenario Number Two:  Obama has failed to deliver anything more than a warmed-over S-chip plan on health care.  The recession has waxed and waned for most of the four years.  Though there have been moments of hope, the economy is in bascially the same place as 2008.  The auto industry has all but collapsed, despite the efforts of the administration and congress.  A civil war in Iraq erupted and a number of key U.S. diplomats were killed.  Obama felt obligated to return a few combat brigades -- he is roundly criticized by the left for going back on his promise and by the right for not doing enough to avenge our personnel.  Relations are woefully strained with Pakistan, Iran and Russia. There are no personal scandals, but the First Lady and Vice President have both made embarassing statements.  Meanwhile, Republicans run a disciplined campaign...emphasizing strict fiscal conservatism and, though nominee Jindal is ultra conservative on social issues, these are significantly downplayed in the campaign as he largely ignores the religious right and courts spending and defense hawks.

Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 04:18:46 PM »

Everybody, even the most conservative of conservatives, Pray to GOD that Scenario Number One happens. If not, I am moving to Ireland
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 04:34:19 PM »

Everybody, even the most conservative of conservatives, Pray to GOD that Scenario Number One happens. If not, I am moving to Ireland

Why Ireland?

(Sorry to go OT here: PM me if you like.)
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 05:04:19 PM »

Why Ireland?

Don't you have low taxes in Ireland, and a comparatively positive economic picture? (I'm not trying to assume Nik's motive, just curious for my own sake)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »

Scenario 1:
Through Obama's economic plan, America has emerged stronger out of a long recession. We have almost fully pulled out of Iraq, and even though Afghanistan remains unstable the situation has improved there. Gas prices have been a problem after the recession though and even after many tough actions by President Obama things have not improved much. This is Jindal's most effective line of attack as Obama has not engaged in any major social policy action and his economic policy is viewed by over 65% of Americans as the best plan for America.

The rest of maps coming later.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 12:50:23 PM »

Why Ireland?

Don't you have low taxes in Ireland, and a comparatively positive economic picture? (I'm not trying to assume Nik's motive, just curious for my own sake)

You just mde Gully very angry.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 12:57:25 PM »

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: