Cabinet announcements
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:35:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cabinet announcements
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Cabinet announcements  (Read 7343 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2004, 08:32:19 PM »

This thread will be for me to announce my cabinet choices.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 08:35:35 PM »

CNN Breaking News

President Elect Eric Nym90 announces that he is appointing Sen. Marshall MAS117 of New Jersey as his Secretary of Defense.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 08:46:09 PM »

CNN Breaking News

President Elect Eric Nym90 announces that he is appointing Sen. Marshall MAS117 of New Jersey as his Secretary of Defense.

FOX NEWS ALERT:

Sen. MAS117 (D-NJ) accepts post as Sec. of Defense

First I'd like to thank the Democratic party for there support in helping me being elected to the United States Atlas Forum Senate. I would also like to congrauate Vice President-Elect Harry of Mississippi for a well fought campagin. I accept the nomination of President-elect Nym90 for the Sec. of Defense. It is my understanding that I will be working closely with him on matters of National Security and foreign affairs. If anyone wants to know where I stand on issues of Military and National and oversees defense please let me know. Thank you all, God Bless America, and God Bless the great members of the Atlas Forum.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 08:54:36 PM »

Congratulations MAS117!

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 09:50:01 PM »

CNN Breaking News

FOX NEWS ALERT:

Sen. MAS117 (D-NJ) accepts post as Sec. of Defense

First I'd like to thank the Democratic party for there support in helping me being elected to the United States Atlas Forum Senate. I would also like to congrauate Vice President-Elect Harry of Mississippi for a well fought campagin. I accept the nomination of President-elect Nym90 for the Sec. of Defense. It is my understanding that I will be working closely with him on matters of National Security and foreign affairs. If anyone wants to know where I stand on issues of Military and National and oversees defense please let me know. Thank you all, God Bless America, and God Bless the great members of the Atlas Forum.

Congrats
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 11:37:21 PM »

CNN breaking news

Pres. Elect Eric Nym90 announces his nomination of Sen. Dan Demrepdan as Secretary of Forum Affairs.
Demrepdan

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2004, 12:01:57 AM »

CNN breaking news

Pres. Elect Eric Nym90 announces his nomination of Sen. Dan Demrepdan as Secretary of Forum Affairs.

DBC News Reports that Demrepdan has made a written statement from his home in Champaign, Illinois. The statement reads:

I thank Nym90 for giving me the opportunity for being Secretary of Forum Affairs, and a part of his administration. This is a sign that we can all come together here at the forum. But a day ago, I was running against him and his running mate Harry. And now I will take my seat as the first Secretary of Forum Affairs. If we can heal wounds of a long hard campaign that quickly, just think of all else we could accomplish.

So I accept Nym90's nomination for my position as the Secretary of Forum Affairs. It is my understanding that I will post new threads, keep order in many of the threads, and make sure the threads remain fair and balanced. I will also act as a referee at times of extreme party bickering.
However, this is a NEW department, so we will continue to grow and expand on the responsibilities of the Department of Forum Affairs. I once again thank President-Elect Nym90 for allowing me to fill this position.

That’s all for now...we will update you on any new developments on this story...stay with us for the News that counts....DBC News....
dunn

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2004, 04:07:47 AM »

good man fot the job

cong DAN
Esteban Manuel
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2004, 12:59:17 PM »

Is better to have a bipartisan cabinet than a cabinet wich prettend to be red so i modestly suggest u to return to blue... and as somebody already said, your name looks better in that color.
Esteban Manuel
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2004, 01:01:06 PM »

i forget ... congratulations 4 all the incoming members of the cabinet! Smiley
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2004, 01:12:04 PM »

Congrats to MAS and Dan...

I have to agree though Dan, your name looks much better in blue.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2004, 03:14:29 PM »

Thank you Wildcard
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2004, 05:14:21 PM »

I for one think Demrepdan looks better in red.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2004, 05:27:10 PM »

Where'd you get the idea that Demrepdan will have to switch parties in order for me to have a bipartisan cabinet? Wink
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2004, 09:39:14 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2004, 09:43:24 PM by Nym90 »

CNN breaking news

President elect Eric Nym90 selects Kevin of_thisnation as his Press Secretary.

(For those of you who didn't see in the cabinet thread, I chose Mike Christopher Michael as my Chief of Staff...however, since I put it in cabinet and not here by mistake, it seems to have not been seen by a few people)
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2004, 09:42:23 PM »

Kevin DeCourcy (Mr. OTN) gladly accepts the positon of Atlas House Press Secretary, and will be giving an announcement on the current status of the Atlas Fantasy Forum / Government, that will outline what President Nym90 wants for the forum.

MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2004, 10:00:21 PM »

Im looking forward to working with Kevin and CM on the forum.

- MAS117
   Sec. of Defense
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2004, 10:01:53 PM »

Kevin DeCourcy (Mr. OTN) gladly accepts the positon of Atlas House Press Secretary, and will be giving an announcement on the current status of the Atlas Fantasy Forum / Government, that will outline what President Nym90 wants for the forum.

Congratulations!
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2004, 07:10:18 PM »

'Fraid not. If I ever run for President, I'll post my picture, but I don't think anyone wants to see a good-looking Press Secretary. It's just not natural.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2004, 02:52:59 PM »

President Elect Eric Nym90 announces his choice of Sen. Al Realpolitik as Secretary of Labor.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2004, 02:57:16 PM »

President Elect Eric Nym90 announces his choice of Sen. Al Realpolitik as Secretary of Labor.

I would like to congratulate Sen. Realpolitik on his cabinet position. I hope to work with him to try to improve the forum.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2004, 03:02:03 PM »

I accept the position of Secretary of Labor and thank President-elect Nym for offering me this position.
I will announce my plans shortly.

Al Realpolitik
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2004, 03:08:55 PM »

With all the regular forum Dems being appointed here and there and everywhere...will there be any Dems left in the fantasy senate, house, and governorships?
dunn

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2004, 03:33:03 PM »

With all the regular forum Dems being appointed here and there and everywhere...will there be any Dems left in the fantasy senate, house, and governorships?

GWBFan

you loughed befor and might do it again but untill a constitution will be written all them talks about senators/member of congress/governors are unlawful and indeed dangerous
the vice president idea for a comittee on the constitutional convention stayed an idea. the proggresive Party (ex constitutional party) convention is at session now and will draft a constitution proposal in  arew days. I know that serious members like demrepdan are working on their draft. as a fan of the US president who does take the constitution seriously I think you should too. and o/c president nym90
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2004, 03:59:42 PM »

GWBFan

you loughed befor and might do it again but untill a constitution will be written all them talks about senators/member of congress/governors are unlawful and indeed dangerous
the vice president idea for a comittee on the constitutional convention stayed an idea. the proggresive Party (ex constitutional party) convention is at session now and will draft a constitution proposal in  arew days. I know that serious members like demrepdan are working on their draft. as a fan of the US president who does take the constitution seriously I think you should too. and o/c president nym90

Well, then... Let's see here.

Okay.  There is no atlas constitution: accepted.

In that cause, the entire election that occured one weekend ago was in error and should be overlooked.  There was no constitution at the time, making the election unfair and unlawful.  There was no constitution to make sure rules were followed.  No term limits were yet set.  No "popular vote/electoral college" system was selected via a constitution.  I should think that you, being a fan of the constitution, would agree.

Likewise, there was (and still is) no constitution to lay out what the president/vice president may or may not do.  Until then, both men are free to do as they wish; that is unacceptable.  The president must stop immediately all appointments of cabinet members until a constitution is created to lay out all offices that must be filled.  A Congress must be established by the constitution, and the Congress must first approve all cabinet appointments the president makes.  If this does not happen, it is unfair and unlawful.  (All according to your standards, that is...)

And do keep in mind that at the time of the election and the time leading up to it, the concept of a constitution was only vaguely discussed.  Members of the forum (me and others) simply declared that they were senators, governors, etc.  That fact may not be overlooked.  A constitution must establish elections for senate, house, and governorships.  People will no longer be appointed.  People MAY NOT "call" the top spot for a certain region.  (People cannot just say "I want to be senator for region b in the northeast" and then they're automatically senator for that region.)  There must be elections for all offices and the constitution must establish this.  And, this time, make sure the constitution is established prior to the election, and all in this forum agree on it's terms.  Otherwise, this entire fantasy forum will be (how many times have I said this word so far?) unfair.

If the idea of a constitution was to be done AT ALL, then it should have been done prior to the election.  To do so after is completely unfair.  It's phony.  Either the president (who was elected under false pretenses--no constitution at the time) must stay powerless (ie. no cabinet appointments, no legislative powers... NOTHING) until the creation of a constitution, or there should be no constitution at all.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies