How would have Hillary done? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:33:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  How would have Hillary done? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would have Hillary done?  (Read 3063 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: November 08, 2008, 07:04:23 PM »

I imagine the map would look something like this:

bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 03:42:06 AM »

I suppose Nevada might have gone Clinton. I doubt her GOTV effort would have been nearly as impressive, though she did somehow manage to win the caucus there (her only one, so perhaps the Clinton campaign in Nevada was one of her best actually? Who knows). If she did win it, however, I doubt it would've been by more than two or three points. McCain would be much stronger in Nevada against Hillary Clinton.

As for Missouri, I think Clinton would have been a stronger candidate there and considering Obama barely lost it, I think she would've had a >50% chance of taking it. The real question for Missouri is whether low black turn-out in the cities would counter Clinton doing better among rural whites (and thus keeping the state for McCain). I have a feeling she would win it by 1 or 2 points, though.

Clinton would definitely win the West Coast and Upper Midwest with smaller margins than Obama did, but considering how decisively he won them all she would've taken them anyway. Iowa would be the closest and might be down to a 1-2% Clinton victory. So while she would overall probably have a smaller PV margin, I think she would only do 10-20 electoral votes worse than Obama did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies