Why are rural Appalachians so much more racist than other rural whites? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:37:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Why are rural Appalachians so much more racist than other rural whites? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are rural Appalachians so much more racist than other rural whites?  (Read 6862 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 10, 2008, 12:05:41 AM »
« edited: November 10, 2008, 12:11:21 AM by TakeOurCountryBack »

Of course in any part of THIS country there is going to be some racism, but overall, I just think they didn't like Obama AND they never vote Republican.  That's it.  They are traditionalist Democrats and the party ran a new type of candidate.  Look at the turnout.  Racism would indicate they went to the polls in droves to keep the black guy out of office.  They didn't, turnout in Appalachia was awful.  I think the margins are due to a double effect of THOSE THAT ARE RACIST turning out to vote McCain and the rest (and the vast majority, mind you) simply not liking either candidate. 

My own mother didn't vote this year because she didn't like either candidate.  It happens. 

Oh well,  we won. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies