Has anyone made an electoral map using just the white vote? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:39:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Has anyone made an electoral map using just the white vote? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has anyone made an electoral map using just the white vote?  (Read 14896 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 16, 2009, 05:30:31 PM »

Can someone do a map with whites who have finished graduate schools?  Also a map with white women under 30?

Exit polls don't provide that kind of information, and the sample sizes would render them pretty useless anyway.  Alas.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 12:46:37 AM »

Can someone do a map with whites who have finished graduate schools?  Also a map with white women under 30?

Exit polls don't provide that kind of information, and the sample sizes would render them pretty useless anyway.  Alas.

lol I know... I was only half serious when I made those suggestions.

Oh sorry, I think I dropped my sarcasm detector at the DMV, sometime after the third hour waiting
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 10:46:58 PM »

I don't see how McCain won the "suburban" vote in PA, unless most of the area of the counties that surround Philadelphia are being classified as urban rather than suburban, while most of the area of the counties surrounding Allegheny are being classified as suburban rather than rural.

Likewise Nevada, unless all of Las Vegas and Reno are considered "urban".

CNN's exit poll classifications of that kind of thing have always been a little whacky.  Like Alaska was collapsed as entirely Suburban and Rural in '04, not at all Small City/Small Town/whatever.

I think we put way more trust in exit polls than is warranted, even with our skepticism.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies