Confirmation Hearing: Xahar (Attorney General)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:40:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Xahar (Attorney General)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Xahar (Attorney General)  (Read 7882 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2008, 12:29:33 AM »

At any rate, the Dirty South will not recognize him as our Attorney General because of his past behavior.

As I know, regional governments don't have the power of recognizing or not recognizing a government official.

Besides, I agree with ethical concerns about Xahar, but some of yours, in the RRP, also have ethical problems. I'm sure than Xahar understood the lesson. Growth is that. Errors are needed to grow. In past, big errors were to steal a little candy in a store. The storekeeper call the police or parents and that finished there. Now, with the internet era, instead of stealing, they hack. That is normal during the growth of a teen.

Also, a base of our judicial system for than kind of offense is a complaint of the victim. Since the victim said to go over that and go ahead.

Also, DWDL would say to vote against Xahar even if the hacking never happened. He is a victim of his vendetta against everybody who opposed him too vocally, like Hashemite and other leftists. His goal is not fun but power.

Finally, the hacking was not a valid option, a bad idea and an illegal thing, but the forum wasn't in the spirit of this game who was an open game where fun was the main concern, not winning. But I agree, your forum didn't deserved to hacked.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2008, 01:03:31 AM »

At any rate, the Dirty South will not recognize him as our Attorney General because of his past behavior.

As I know, regional governments don't have the power of recognizing or not recognizing a government official.

Besides, I agree with ethical concerns about Xahar, but some of yours, in the RRP, also have ethical problems. I'm sure than Xahar understood the lesson. Growth is that. Errors are needed to grow. In past, big errors were to steal a little candy in a store. The storekeeper call the police or parents and that finished there. Now, with the internet era, instead of stealing, they hack. That is normal during the growth of a teen.

Also, a base of our judicial system for than kind of offense is a complaint of the victim. Since the victim said to go over that and go ahead.

Also, DWDL would say to vote against Xahar even if the hacking never happened. He is a victim of his vendetta against everybody who opposed him too vocally, like Hashemite and other leftists. His goal is not fun but power.

Finally, the hacking was not a valid option, a bad idea and an illegal thing, but the forum wasn't in the spirit of this game who was an open game where fun was the main concern, not winning. But I agree, your forum didn't deserved to hacked.

If Xahar had actually acted like he had learned from this episode, I wouldn't mind it. However, he showed no regret and only "apologized" because another forum member called on him to. Otherwise, he would've gone on and pretended it never happened. He'd do it again if he had the means and we had another forum. That's my point in this. He hasn't learned from his mistakes and can't even answer AndrewCT's question on his mistakes.

But this is why I am a regionalist. I can't trust you all to make the right decisions for my region, as it's apparent that you all are hellbent on confirming this kid. Way to stand up for your principles. I guess no one needs to be ethical, as long as we do our job, correct?

With this appointment, no one has the credibility to call anyone out on "ethics" violations, which I guess is a good thing. I don't have to watch my mouth as much.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2008, 10:27:40 AM »

As Duke stated, I would be fully in favor of Xahar being confirmed if he owned up to what he has done in the past and learned from it.  I myself created a second account, so it would be hypocritical of me to oppose Xahar on the grounds of creating Cookies and Milk, what is not hypocritical is to oppose him because he will not admit it is his 2nd account.

I second Duke's statement that the Dirty South will not respect any decision made by Xahar
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2008, 12:51:00 PM »

Not that I suppose it's needed, nor that I suppose anyone is interested, but I'm going to endorse Xahar for AG here.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2008, 01:42:10 PM »

The nominee has been confirmed.

Vote count:

Aye 5 (Lewis, Jas, Al, Sensei, Happy)
Nay 3 (Andrew, Dwtl, Pit)
did not vote 1 (Torie)
vacant 1

Congratulations Xahar. You have some work ahead of you if you want to become as universally respected as your predecessor, meseems. Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2008, 03:01:55 PM »

Wonderful. I have a nullification crisis on my hands. Smiley

Anyway, I feel that as AG I ought to get off on the right foot, so I will answer that question as soon as I get out of school today.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2008, 04:27:16 PM »

AG Xahar will have no jurisdiction over the Dirty South, and the government will not recognize him as the Attorney General.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2008, 05:44:53 PM »

AG Xahar will have no jurisdiction over the Dirty South, and the government will not recognize him as the Attorney General.

It's a little bit hard to nullify a cabinet position. But if you like being held in contempt of court...

As for Andrew's question, I think my overbearing sin is, of course, arrogance, or in the prism of the seven deadly sins, pride. This was especially true in my second Senate run, where it was combined with a breach of trust. I feel that I was adequately punished for that, though (along with the Pacific region). I have also suffered from sloth, as Atlasia has in general. Of course, there was also the incident of breaching a private forum via social engineering, which was certainly wrong.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2008, 06:11:22 PM »

Although I voted against your confirmation, I feel that now you have the opprutinity to show us all off, and that you can do an excellent job. I thank you for answering my question, and wish you the best of luck!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2008, 08:03:55 PM »
« Edited: November 17, 2008, 08:05:59 PM by Attorney General Xahar »

Although I voted against your confirmation, I feel that now you have the opprutinity to show us all off, and that you can do an excellent job. I thank you for answering my question, and wish you the best of luck!

Thank you. Smiley

I apologize for not answering the question; my mom threw a fit yesterday and the day before for some percieved violation by myself of her maternal prerogatives, and I wasn't able to post.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2008, 08:30:26 PM »

I wish you all the best in your role as Attorney General. There are many gaps in Atlasian history that need to be filled. Wink
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2008, 08:44:19 PM »

I wish you all the best in your role as Attorney General. There are many gaps in Atlasian history that need to be filled. Wink
Your constituents don't recognize Xahar's decisions, why do you?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2008, 08:51:39 PM »

Your constituents don't recognize Xahar's decisions, why do you?

As long as he doesn't try to invade our region's operations, I won't pick too many fights with him. The AG does good work with the Wiki that he would be well suited for.

Of course, if he tries to revenge himself on us, there will be hell to pay.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2008, 08:54:10 PM »

The problem is not revenge, its that he should being prosecuted not playing the prosecutor
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2008, 09:01:31 PM »

The problem is not revenge, its that he should being prosecuted not playing the prosecutor

How often do AGs actually prosecute anyone?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2008, 09:05:46 PM »

Xahar deserves a clean slate. He's maturing, learning, and is a hard worker. He should be confirmed promptly. Let us get over this, and move on.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2008, 09:49:12 PM »

You are not in the head of Xahar. How do you know if he understood than this is bad? You can not judge, you are not in his head.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2008, 09:56:23 PM »

Xahar deserves a clean slate. He's maturing, learning, and is a hard worker. He should be confirmed promptly. Let us get over this, and move on.

He's hardly maturing; this violation happened less than a month ago.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2008, 10:05:50 PM »

He is maturing because he realised than the violation was an error. We maturate by tries and errors. The violation was, obliviously, a big error.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2008, 10:33:11 AM »

He is maturing because he realised than the violation was an error. We maturate by tries and errors. The violation was, obliviously, a big error.
Half-assed apoligies and still not admitting to his sock puppet accounts is not maturing.  Hell, when I created my second account I left the game for a few months
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2008, 12:53:14 PM »

It's not maturing if you don't realize you were wrong. His "apology" was hardly one at that. I am all for forgiveness, but only if the person is truly sorry. He was not and never once said he was after that forced apology. That isn't maturing. It's pulling the wool over everyone's eyes that want to give the little kid a break. He's far more intelligent than what some of you believe. His actions were calculated.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2008, 09:35:17 AM »

BUMP

Just to show people how bad the judgment is of some on this forum

Props to myself, AndrewCT, Sensei, PiT, and to an extent Torie
Pages: 1 2 [3]