How has your family voted? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:47:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How has your family voted? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How has your family voted?  (Read 55208 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: June 28, 2018, 09:20:50 AM »

My parents are a very common types of voters that are underrepresented on Atlas: moderate (Republican) voters with a wide range of views who will pretty much always vote for whomever the Republicans nominate.

My grandparents on my dad's side owned an insurance company and have been straight ticket Republican their entire voting lives (~1956 and on?), to my knowledge.

My grandpa on my mom's side was a true swing voter who wasn't very political at all.  He would vote based on national mood and the candidate's personalities, not so much because he wasn't knowledgeable or anything but more because I don't think he trusted any politician and thought that was just as smart of a way of picking as a party label or specific policy stances.  My mom's mom was a very partisan Democrat (of the New Deal variety) up until Obama.  I think she has gotten noticeably more racist since then, and while her vote for McCain was almost certainly partly due to race, I honestly think she felt that Obama looked down on people like her (non-college educated, lives in Kewanee, IL, grew up in a very working class family, etc.).  I think she abstained in 2012, as "her vote doesn't even count in Illinois anyway."  She definitely supported Trump, but she calls him a moron quite a bit.  I think she will probably stay home in 2020.

My sister's first election she could vote in was 2014, and she voted straight ticket Republican in Iowa.  In 2016, she voted Republican for all downballot offices and for Clinton for President, this time in Indiana.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies