Romney donating $ to Chambliss and Coleman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:28:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney donating $ to Chambliss and Coleman
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Romney donating $ to Chambliss and Coleman  (Read 5375 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 01:57:13 AM »

Hey - I gave money to Chambliss too.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: 9.48

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 01:59:45 AM »

Damn sonny .. You gave money to Chambliss EVEN after what he did to Cleland in 2002? I was right, Fiscal Conservatives only care about money.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 02:05:33 AM »

1. Because, when I was hoping the government would care for us, they end up bailing out the evil rich, and I was enraged. Why not help the workers?

Do you not consider employees of financial institutions to be "workers"?  If by "workers" you mean "blue-collar workers," do you realize how much those workers depend on the solvency of the"evil" financial institutions?  
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 02:05:47 AM »

Then tell Bush and McConnell to drop the claim if they actually haven't. We need to stop being so lax and regulate the economy, stop outsourcing, stop bailing out these corporates, and help the middle and poor class.

Because, we are in a recession caused by the lack of government support, and if we don't act quick, we'll probably have another depression.

I don't mean to gang up on you, but you just criticized government bailouts and "lack of government support" within five minutes.  How do you comport the two? 

Also, I'm curious as to why your display name is "Huckabee/Thune '12" when the prospective Obama/Biden economic policy should be music to your ears. 

1. Because, when I was hoping the government would care for us, they end up bailing out the evil rich, and I was enraged. Why not help the workers?

2. Because, I think Obama and Biden are really full of hot air, and I am not sure if I can really trust them.

Obviously Obama isn't particularly economically liberal, but he is much much better than anyone who will get the Republican nomination for President any time soon. The party that nominated Mr. "No American wants to pick lettuce for $50 an hour" and "The fundamentals of the economy are strong" isn't going to suddenly stop hating the non wealthy.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 02:06:32 AM »

Do you not consider employees of financial institutions to be "workers"?  If by "workers" you mean "blue-collar workers," do you realize how much those workers depend on the solvency of the"evil" financial institutions? 

If these corporations are so damn good, then why did they put us in an economic recession, Hm Sonny?
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 02:11:15 AM »
« Edited: November 21, 2008, 02:23:25 AM by paul718 »

Obviously Obama isn't particularly economically liberal, but he is much much better than anyone who will get the Republican nomination for President any time soon. The party that nominated Mr. "No American wants to pick lettuce for $50 an hour" and "The fundamentals of the economy are strong" isn't going to suddenly stop hating the non wealthy.

Are we still doing the McCain vs. Obama thing? 

Was McCain right on the economy?  No.  Is Obama right on the economy?  No.  And if your idea of "hate" is refusing to give free money to people, then I certainly hope the GOP keeps hating.

If these corporations are so damn good, then why did they put us in an economic recession, Hm Sonny?

Because the federal government compelled them to lend money to undeserving people, with a promise to back that debt should the borrowers fail.  That "toxic" debt was then securitized and traded on the open market, spreading throughout the global financial system like the influenza epidemic.  The source of credit crisis, in my opinion, is that the free markets you so deride weren't actually "free."  The government stuck its hand where it didn't belong, in the name of societal engineering, and the economy bit back.   
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 03:04:41 AM »

Mr. Dole needs to be a Democrat. Even Huckabee will disappoint him if he were to ever, heaven forbid, become President.

These "evil" corporations create jobs just as much as the small businesses. If you don't want to bail them out, Mr. Dole, then you aren't a populist. You can't have it both ways.

Too much regulation helped cause this because of people like Clinton and Carter forced banks to make unsafe loans in order to get poor people into homes. They are poor for a reason and don't need to live in $400,000 homes.

1. Why should I be Democrat, and why would Huckabee dissapoint me?

2. How is that both ways? I think that kissing rich people's asses is what you Libertarians do, and I want no part of that.

3. You are a sick man, not every poor person is poor because they are lazy.

1. Because what you are looking for is going to come from the Democratic Party, not the Republican Party. If we were to do what you want, we'd essentially be Democrats with conservative social views. Those types already exist in the Democratic Party. And Huckabee is for eliminating the income tax all together, so they'd pay no taxes essentially. He's more radical on that end that I am.

2. You want to create jobs and yet attack those "evil" corporations who create them?  It isn't libertarian at all to bailout companies. In that regard, you are the libertarian, not the Republicans.

3. I didn't say that. I said not all poor people need to have a $400,000 house. We can't give everyone a lifestyle like that.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 03:06:04 AM »

Mr. Dole needs to be a Democrat. Even Huckabee will disappoint him if he were to ever, heaven forbid, become President.

These "evil" corporations create jobs just as much as the small businesses. If you don't want to bail them out, Mr. Dole, then you aren't a populist. You can't have it both ways.

Too much regulation helped cause this because of people like Clinton and Carter forced banks to make unsafe loans in order to get poor people into homes. They are poor for a reason and don't need to live in $400,000 homes.

2. How is that both ways? I think that kissing rich people's asses is what you Libertarians do, and I want no part of that.

1. Because what you are looking for is going to come from the Democratic Party, not the Republican Party. If we were to do what you want, we'd essentially be Democrats with conservative social views. Those types already exist in the Democratic Party. And Huckabee is for eliminating the income tax all together, so they'd pay no taxes essentially. He's more radical on that end that I am.

2. You want to create jobs and yet attack those "evil" corporations who create them?  It isn't libertarian at all to bailout companies. In that regard, you are the libertarian, not the Republicans.

3. I didn't say that. I said not all poor people need to have a $400,000 house. We can't give everyone a lifestyle like that.

Well, what do you know? You're for small/no government, how do you even know about anything you want to completely delete?
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.84, S: -5.39

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2008, 03:07:15 AM »

Well, what do you know? You're for small/no government, how do you even know about anything you want to completely delete?

The guy who cured Smallpox probably knew a little bit about Smallpox.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 03:09:01 AM »

Curing a disease is different from managing the government.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 03:10:27 AM »

He calls for the eradication of government (in many ways, a disease) because he has seen, in specific ways, how horrible it can be for the economy.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 03:11:22 AM »

He calls for the eradication of government (in many ways, a disease) because he has seen, in specific ways, how horrible it can be for the economy.

If the government is horrible for the economy, why did Obama win the election then?
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2008, 03:12:37 AM »

If the government is horrible for the economy, why did Obama win the election then?

Because, to paraphrase Ronald Reagan, liberals know so much that just isn't so.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2008, 03:14:34 AM »

Because, to paraphrase Ronald Reagan, liberals know so much that just isn't so.

I'll tell you why that sniveling Obama won, Bush used the government to implode itself and help the rich get rich and the poor get poorer. People saw that, and since a Populist like Huckabee wasn't the nominee, we lost on a campaign of Fiscal Conservatism.

Damnit, where are the Democrats where you need them?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2008, 03:17:46 AM »

Uh, you're hero Mike Huckabee wants to get rid of the income tax. Where have I said I want to delete the entire government? Seriously, your arguments need to make sense, not just be compiled of blind accusations.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2008, 03:19:20 AM »

Uh, you're hero Mike Huckabee wants to get rid of the income tax. Where have I said I want to delete the entire government? Seriously, your arguments need to make sense, not just be compiled of blind accusations.

If he wants to rid the income tax, why has he called for The FairTax (which is another system in income tax)
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2008, 03:20:42 AM »

If he wants to rid the income tax, why has he called for The FairTax (which is another system in income tax)

The FairTax is a form of regressive taxation, one of the least "populist" ideas ever conceived.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2008, 03:21:39 AM »

The FairTax will benefit the rich much more than the current system of taxation. The poor will pay the exact same 27% sales tax that the rich pay.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2008, 03:22:16 AM »

The FairTax is a form of regressive taxation, one of the least "populist" ideas ever conceived.

Wait, then why does everyone call Huckabee a Populist if he isn't? Man, EVERYONE in politics must be stupid now.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2008, 03:24:55 AM »

Wait, then why does everyone call Huckabee a Populist if he isn't? Man, EVERYONE in politics must be stupid now.

Because he's relatively economically liberal for a Republican, but he's still center-right.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2008, 03:26:01 AM »

Well, he raised taxes in his state and talked a lot about helping the poor and minorities. But it's no denying that his fairtax will hurt the poor the most.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2008, 03:26:27 AM »

Because he's relatively economically liberal for a Republican, but he's still center-right.

I see, eh ... too bad The Social Liberals have taken over the DNC, I have to decide where to go.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2008, 03:29:15 AM »
« Edited: November 21, 2008, 03:31:17 AM by Lunar »

I don't know if "everyone else says it" is a valid justification for anything, ever -- unless we are talking about what everyone else is saying.

The "Fair Tax" is unarguably anti-populist, I'm not quite convinced it's inherently regressive depending on how Huck wants to implement it.  For example, my ideal world would be a progressive, item-based sales tax where every item has 1-10 levels of "luxury" value and bare-sustenance items like bread and milk would have 0% sales tax but something like a luxury yacht would easily have 50-60% sales tax.  Sure, lobbies and influential industries would knock their products down a bracket or two, but no big deal

But to pretend like Mike Huckabee is an economic liberal is just ridic
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2008, 03:30:11 AM »

I see, eh ... too bad The Social Liberals have taken over the DNC, I have to decide where to go.

You seem more of a Maoist than a Marxist, and I don't think they have a party right now... you should start one.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2008, 03:31:34 AM »

You seem more of a Maoist than a Marxist, and I don't think they have a party right now... you should start one.

Alright, but why am I am a Maoist? I thought I was a unique form of Populism.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies