Which German Party would you fit into best?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:24:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Which German Party would you fit into best?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Which German Party would you fit into best?  (Read 7258 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2008, 08:48:03 PM »

FDP, I suppose. Not sure though, Lewis, help me out.

Really? The CDU/CSU is the ideological counterpart of the ÖVP.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2008, 08:49:13 PM »

I know 0% about German parties. That's why I asked Lewis for help.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2008, 09:28:04 PM »

I know 0% about German parties. That's why I asked Lewis for help.

It's not that different from Austrian politics, actually. The FDP is the equivalent of what the FPÖ used to be (before they went far-right). The CDU//CSU is the counterpart to the ÖVP, as I mentioned. The Greens are the Greens, of course, and the SPD likewise corresponds to the SPÖ. Die Linke is a more mainstream version of the KPÖ.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2008, 05:38:17 AM »

It's not that different from Austrian politics, actually. The FDP is the equivalent of what the FPÖ used to be (before they went far-right). The CDU//CSU is the counterpart to the ÖVP, as I mentioned. The Greens are the Greens, of course, and the SPD likewise corresponds to the SPÖ. Die Linke is a more mainstream version of the KPÖ.
It's more complicated. Although most of the complication can be traced to Austria being monolithically Catholic, I suppose.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2008, 06:34:12 PM »

It's more complicated. Although most of the complication can be traced to Austria being monolithically Catholic, I suppose.

And the lack of a partition after 1955, I assume.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2008, 08:07:15 AM »

That can be traced to Austria being monolithically Catholic - in that Austria's existence as a country independent from a unified Germany can be. Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2008, 06:05:27 PM »

That can be traced to Austria being monolithically Catholic - in that Austria's existence as a country independent from a unified Germany can be. Tongue

Württemberg is also monolithically Catholic. Hasn't Austria's independence got more to do with the fact that its rulers also had tons of other territory?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2008, 08:28:43 AM »

Würtemberg is icon of south German protestantism.
Indeed. That is, old Württemberg. The areas added in the Napoleonic era are majority Catholic. Modern Württemberg (before church membership started breaking down. And before even more people started moving to other regions, which makes everywhere looks like that) is very much the model case of a mosaic of small Catholic enclaves, small Protestant enclaves, and wholly mixed areas, with close confessional balance when summed.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2008, 03:03:51 PM »

I need to get my states straight.
Jacobtm

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2008, 09:59:04 PM »

From superficial knowledge, the FDP seems like one of the few parties I'd be actually inclined to register with. Probably too good to be true, but it's nice to see a party even trying to live up to classical "liberal" standards.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies