Samantha Power rejoins Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:12:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Samantha Power rejoins Obama
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Samantha Power rejoins Obama  (Read 3141 times)
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 28, 2008, 11:59:16 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/16046.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It would be nice if she got a job in the administration.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 12:03:54 AM »

Awesome.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 12:07:50 AM »

I'd never heard of her, but she thinks Clinton is a monster (as she is), so cool.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 12:11:22 AM »

I'm sure Senator Clinton would be very pleased with this latest news! That should be most amusing to watch, or at least hear about.

The million dollar question is what position she'll get in an Obama cabinent? Under Secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs perhaps?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 02:42:26 AM »

I'm sure Senator Clinton would be very pleased with this latest news! That should be most amusing to watch, or at least hear about.

The million dollar question is what position she'll get in an Obama cabinent? Under Secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs perhaps?

I doubt Hillary disagrees with the characterization
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 02:01:31 PM »

This is kind of a slap in the face to Hilldawg

I wonder if she might not become SoS after all.

I'm kind of pulling for Kerry, whom I think is less likely to "go rogue" in Palinspeak and because I feel bad for droopy-dog and would like him to have a consolation prize that he wants so badly (while Hillary is torn 50/50 whether she'd even like the job).
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 02:03:28 PM »

Seems Obama all got rid of her out of political expedience. Not really surprising knowing Obamas history.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 02:35:22 PM »

Seems Obama all got rid of her out of political expedience.
Did anyone think otherwise?
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 02:51:57 PM »

Seems Obama all got rid of her out of political expedience. Not really surprising knowing Obamas history.

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 02:57:09 PM »

That's reserved for polar-themed politics you bastard!
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 02:49:17 AM »
« Edited: November 30, 2008, 02:55:32 AM by Beet »

I'm kind of pulling for Kerry, whom I think is less likely to "go rogue" in Palinspeak and because I feel bad for droopy-dog and would like him to have a consolation prize that he wants so badly (while Hillary is torn 50/50 whether she'd even like the job).

Is this kind of like when people were predicting that Hillary would screw up the DNC, or try to undermine Obama in the general, because she's just evil like that? LOL. What I do like about Hillary critics nowadays is that at least you guys are starting to make some predictions that can be proven true or false.

As far as Kerry, if he wanted to do that he should have tamped down on the Hillary speculation when it first started. If she's not selected after the past 2 weeks of speculation, it would be a huge slap in the face. Then again, Obama has shown poor judgement in the past, such as when he blew his GE lead from June to September and was only saved by the financial crisis (sure you could say he would have won anyway, and I actually think he would have-narrowly- but it would be solely on the basis of Republican failures and the issues, not anything he or his campaign did that was particularly smart).

Edit- btw, a summary of major periods of Obama leads in the GE
1. In June right after Hillary dropped out and endorsed him
2. In August right after Hillary endorsed him again at the DNC
3. After the financial crisis and bailout occured

Two of these leads were given to him by Hillary, zero were generated by the actions of his own campaign, LOL.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 02:56:27 AM »

Is this kind of like when people were predicting that Hillary would screw up the DNC, or try to undermine Obama in the general, because she's just evil like that?

Um... it's kind of like that but not like that whatsoever.

LOL. What I do like about Hillary critics nowadays is that at least you guys are starting to make some predictions that can be proven true or false.

What can we say?  We love unbeatable logical fallacies.  It's in our acne-influenced nature.

As far as Kerry, if he wanted to do that he should have tamped down on the Hillary speculation when it first started.

Kerry's not that smart.

If she's not selected after the past 2 weeks of speculation, it would be a huge slap in the face. Then again, Obama has shown poor judgement in the past, such as when he blew his GE lead from June to September and was only saved by the financial crisis (sure you could say he would have won anyway, and I actually think he would have-narrowly- but it would be solely on the basis of Republican failures and the issues, not anything he or his campaign did that was particularly smart).

Amusing interpretation of events
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 02:57:27 AM »

Two of these leads were given to him by Hillary, zero were generated by the actions of his own campaign, LOL.

Another amusing interpretation of events
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 02:58:53 AM »

Yes... because Hillary endorsing him was really the only thing that happened that week...
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 03:05:59 AM »

Is this kind of like when people were predicting that Hillary would screw up the DNC, or try to undermine Obama in the general, because she's just evil like that?

Um... it's kind of like that but not like that whatsoever.

LOL. What I do like about Hillary critics nowadays is that at least you guys are starting to make some predictions that can be proven true or false.

What can we say?  We love unbeatable logical fallacies.  It's in our acne-influenced nature.

As far as Kerry, if he wanted to do that he should have tamped down on the Hillary speculation when it first started.

Kerry's not that smart.

If she's not selected after the past 2 weeks of speculation, it would be a huge slap in the face. Then again, Obama has shown poor judgement in the past, such as when he blew his GE lead from June to September and was only saved by the financial crisis (sure you could say he would have won anyway, and I actually think he would have-narrowly- but it would be solely on the basis of Republican failures and the issues, not anything he or his campaign did that was particularly smart).

Amusing interpretation of events

You going the Sam Spade route, Lunar? Smiley Getting cryptic.

I was talking about Obama there. But yes if Kerry was in the running and he knew it, he should have said so.

Good point... Bill Clinton also endorsed him after weeks of speculation, after being called a racist and having his entire life's work denigrated.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 03:07:27 AM »

Good point... Bill Clinton also endorsed him after weeks of speculation, after being called a racist and having his entire life's work denigrated.

You don't think that the convention and non-stop positive media coverage and amazing speech by Obama on Thursday night had anything to do with it?

Interesting...
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 03:07:49 AM »

As much as I love being cryptic, I was commenting on your insanely Hillary-centric interpretation of history.  Everything that could possibly be linked to her is done so with a fifteen ton anchor.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 03:13:06 AM »

I mean, sorry dude, but every time Hillary sneezed, Obama's poll numbers weren't affected.  You may like Hillary, but she was a non-factor as soon as she endorsed Obama and didn't provide the media with any "I'm discontented" buzz stories...

Her full commitment helped Obama, but outside of that and the lack of drama, she wasn't responsible for his victory.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 03:20:39 AM »

I guess you're right. I am up too late tonight. Normally I would have phrased my posts differently such as "did you notice how her actions generally helped him, etc." Btw, I never claimed she was responsible for his victory.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 03:23:21 AM »

No worries.  Her tireless campaigning for Obama was important to his victory and both the Clintons' DNC speeches were utterly important in shaping media and public attitudes for where they stood.  Without them, Obama would have had a much harder time winning.

But still
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 05:34:25 AM »
« Edited: November 30, 2008, 05:54:29 AM by Ogre Mage »

As someone who voted for Clinton in the primary, I am glad to see Samantha Power back if she genuinely has something positive to contribute to the foreign policy team.  The time has come to bury the hatchet. 

Take it to the bank -- Obama is going to offer SoS to Clinton.  And I think Hillary would be a better SoS than John Kerry.  She is smarter, tougher, carries the goodwill of the Clinton brand, has better international connections, greater stature, is more ruthless and far more tenacious.  Do you think foreign leaders are more likely to be impressed/intimidated by John Kerry or Hillary Clinton?
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 01:00:43 PM »

Is this kind of like when people were predicting that Hillary would screw up the DNC, or try to undermine Obama in the general, because she's just evil like that? LOL. What I do like about Hillary critics nowadays is that at least you guys are starting to make some predictions that can be proven true or false.

As far as Kerry, if he wanted to do that he should have tamped down on the Hillary speculation when it first started. If she's not selected after the past 2 weeks of speculation, it would be a huge slap in the face. Then again, Obama has shown poor judgement in the past, such as when he blew his GE lead from June to September and was only saved by the financial crisis (sure you could say he would have won anyway, and I actually think he would have-narrowly- but it would be solely on the basis of Republican failures and the issues, not anything he or his campaign did that was particularly smart).

Yeah, I think "LOL" sums up this delusional version of events quite nicely.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2008, 09:29:39 PM »

She just called 'um as she see's 'um.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies