Which poster has done more to damage your view of Christianity?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:36:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which poster has done more to damage your view of Christianity?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Which poster has done more to damage your view of Christianity?
Jmfsct

BushOK

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Which poster has done more to damage your view of Christianity?  (Read 4306 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2011, 02:02:25 PM »

see, I was trailing this contest, then I decided to go campaigning and speak the truth about the pride of gun ownership, killing and eating meat, the definition and scent of a wife, girls in music videos, and the evil of neon pink nail polish.

all the grace-filled-truth-telling-red-blooded-meat-eating-gun-owning-sin-hating-scent-of-a-woman-bambi-killing-heterosexual stuff only good godly people could relate to...yep, that's what put me over the top.

As I see it, if you're going to travel through time "damage" the forum's view of your religion...you might as well do it with some style.

the world has never liked the image of Christ's "religion" - heck, even in many HUGE denominations today, Christians themselves don't accept Jesus' claim that he is the the only path to God.  The concept of "truth" has always been hated by the world.

but, yes, I could stand to be a lot less smart-ass about it all.

Perhaps a discussion for another thread...but I went to a non-arch diocesan catholic high school, and in their religion classes they even mentioned the trend or even official stance of the RC church was that those who, while not believing in Christ/knowing etc...could still enter into heaven if they lived their lives by the spirit of His teachings.

but it conflicts with every thread of the NT

the RCC, along with many other protestant denominations, have long sought to make friends with the world by putting aside the topic of Jesus...but God has made Jesus the prime focus:

Luke 10:16 "whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me"

1John 2:23 "No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also."

John 3:35 "The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands."

Acts 4:12 "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

Doesn't sound like Jesus and the Apostles would agree with what you were taught.

---

We've had this argument before...well may have, you certainly have had it with others.  I conceed the letter of the law as written...is generally on "your" side...as it is with a number of issues...much to the dismay of others.  That actually doesn't bother me too much.  Without being David Suchet (see if you get this reference) and hijacking this thread any further...thats what bothers me...the letter of the "law" and the image of God I have conflict.  And I don't think my view of God is wholly unreasonable.

maybe that's why the first commandment is not to make an image of God, because any image you make is going to conflict with his word because "our thoughts are not his thoughts and our ways are not his ways"; instead, he simply wants his followers to trust and follow his word.

---

But seriously, your son aced 3 deer and just put them on a table?  Or did he butcher em up and put the venison in the fridge.
  putting on the table as just a figure of speech.  We had some processed, others we quartered ourselves
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2011, 02:43:31 PM »

Jmf, I'm cool with your harping on the "Jesus is the only path to salvation," but I'm going to have to ask you to dial down the stuff about your wife.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2011, 02:45:41 PM »

Thou shall not dial down on thy neighbor's wife.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2011, 02:47:38 PM »

Is your wife hot, jmf?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2011, 02:50:59 PM »

Jmf, I'm cool with your harping on the "Jesus is the only path to salvation," but I'm going to have to ask you to dial down the stuff about your wife.

hey, you run your campaign the way you want and I'll run mine the way I want.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2011, 02:51:38 PM »

We should ban jmf unless he post a pics of his wife.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2011, 03:01:54 PM »

I think he's posted pictures before, she may have been somewhere in the picture of something else.  And that's sort of creepy...asking for pictures of someone who isnt on the boards to agree.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2011, 03:02:30 PM »

I said nothing about her looks in my campaign.  And at least I haven't been using my daughters for political points like Scott Brown did.  I have run a clean campaign...with the exception of my wife's dirty underwear.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2011, 06:07:30 PM »

yo, minilimp, when do the polls close in this election?  I'm just wondering, because, you know, I'm gathering material for my last campaign swing through San Francisco and just wanted to know if I had time start a revival spree through all the bible-thumping hayseed stops throughout the Southwest along my westward journey to Sodom.  Of course, I will be bringing along my better half (you know, the one who is to be dailed-down), so tell all those blazing saddles to keep their peashooters holstered.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2011, 07:16:38 PM »

He posted a grainy 1980s pic of her a teenager a while back.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2011, 07:18:05 PM »

He posted a grainy 1980s pic of her a teenager a while back.

We're not all Mike Naso.  That won't do.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2011, 07:36:35 PM »

I don't remember posting a pic of her from the 80s...iwould like to see it myself
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2011, 08:10:52 PM »

I am mobile text mode only...what pic are we talking about...describe it for me please
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2011, 10:20:16 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2011, 10:32:44 PM by jmfcst »

shucks, no pic.  thought someone might have posted one that I forgot about, but  I couldn't tell on my phone since I only see the board in text mode.  but to my knowledge, I've only posted two pics of her, both in Einzige's (sp?) girlfriend thread.  one was taken by my son in the early 2000's and the other was taken in 1996 (or late 95).

to my knowledge, i've never posted a pic of her in highschool (late 80's) or college (early 90's), but I'm almost tempted to take a video of her tonight and post it just to throw some water on  you flame boys.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2011, 11:06:35 PM »

I don't remember posting a pic of her from the 80s...iwould like to see it myself
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2011, 11:08:39 PM »

yeah, that's not 80s, that's early 00s...i should get into my personal stash of photos and post one of her in college
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2011, 12:00:59 AM »

my new campaign ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6E45k3mvNE
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2011, 08:41:25 AM »

yeah, that's not 80s, that's early 00s...i should get into my personal stash of photos and post one of her in college

Really? You guys must be a little behind in fashion (and camera technology) in Texas.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2011, 11:11:54 AM »

iirc, it was a disposable underwater regular film camera that had been in our boat for a couple of years. I didn't think it was any good so I gave it to our 4 year old son, which is why we kept the pic because it was one of his first pics...if you look, you can tell it was taken by someone who is very short...sherlock
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2011, 11:59:19 AM »

too bad the J.Crew thread was shut down...here is one of her wearing my boxers and with no makeup...just like i like her
http://img819.imageshack.us/i/mic001.jpg
had to have been taken on one of our vacations cause that aint our carpet....date of picture is probably between 02-04, her hair looks a little thin, probably in between kids no 3 and 4 (I could ask her but I could get busted, and that aint happening)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2011, 09:34:47 PM »

too bad the J.Crew thread was shut down...here is one of her wearing my boxers and with no makeup...just like i like her
had to have been taken on one of our vacations cause that aint our carpet....date of picture is probably between 02-04, her hair looks a little thin, probably in between kids no 3 and 4 (I could ask her but I could get busted, and that aint happening)

Mmmm. Nothing says sexy like cleaning the litter box.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2011, 10:19:02 PM »

Mmmm. Nothing says sexy like cleaning the litter box.
lol, well, I'm surprised I even had a picture of her in boxers, but it gives you an idea of her skin tone
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies