"Vendetta-elect" - Political Story (COMMENTS WELCOME)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:04:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  "Vendetta-elect" - Political Story (COMMENTS WELCOME)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: "Vendetta-elect" - Political Story (COMMENTS WELCOME)  (Read 7326 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 10:00:41 AM »

I wish my code name could be Buttercup.

Wait....maybe...
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 01:00:03 AM »

SCENE OPENS, SENATOR MOON'S HOME. CHRIS MOON WALKS IN, ALONE TO AN EMPTY LARGE HOUSE. HIS CHILDREN AREN'T THERE, AND NOBODY ELSE IS EITHER. HE STEPS IN HOLDING TWO BAGS. HE HASN'T BEEN HOME IN WEEKS.

Moon: (to himself) This wasn't exactly the home I intended on coming back to.

MOON WALKS OVER TO THE KITCHEN AND LOOKS IN THE REFRIGERATOR. ALL THAT IS IN THERE IS BAKING SODA, TWO BUDWEISER BEERS, A CAN OF COKE AND A PACK OF CHEESE. MOON GRABS THE CHEESE AND A BEER. HE GRABS A KNIFE FROM THE DRAWER AND SLICES A PIECE OF CHEESE.

Moon: (to himself) Ah...what the ...how did it come to this? I am the President. More people voted for me. Iverson is a sh**t for brains who doesn't deserve the White House....HE DOESN'T DESERVE IT!!

MOON, VERY ANGRY, GRABS THE KNIFE AND BEGINS STABBING THE WALL AND THE KITCHEN SINK.

Moon: MOTHERING SON OF A BITCH!!!

MOON BREAKS THE KNIFE AND FALLS TO THE KITCHEN FLOOR. HE REACHES UP TO THE COUNTER, GRABS A BEER AND POPS IT OPEN. HE PULLS A PICTURE OF A WOMAN OUT OF HIS PANTS POCKET.

Moon: (to himself) What the hell, babe? Why did you leave me? I miss you so much. Karen....Karen...my First Lady...

MOON CRIES AND GULPS DOWN BEER.

---- FLASHBACK----

MID-SEPTEMBER - BACKSTAGE AFTER FIRST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE - SENATOR MOON AND CAMPAIGN CHAIRMAN GEORGE MALVOX SMILE AND SHAKE HANDS.

Malvox: Holy sh*t, Senator...I knew you were a veteran debater, but you cleaned the floor!
Moon: George, George...I just shot the American people straight.
Malvox: Well, polls show a decisive debate win for you. Rumor has it they're cryin' over at Iverson headquarters! (laughs)
Moon: (laughs) Well if I were losing in every national poll by 15 points, I'd be pretty upset too.

DAUGHTER KENDRA AND SON TOM MOON WALK UP TO THEIR FATHER BACKSTAGE.

Kendra: Daddy! (hugs father) You did SO well!
Tom: You really knocked it outta the park, Dad. You made Governor Iverson look like a lightweight.
Moon: Please! The guy is a lightweight. I've been a Congressmen, a Senator...for years. I've been to the Middle East, I've been to tons of countries...what has he done? Okay...Governor of Minnesota for six years...BIG WHOOP! The Republicans aren't gonna get 12 years in the White House...it just ain't happening under my watch!
Malvox: Sir, just run the table the next few weeks, and it won't even be close.

---- FLASHBACK----  TO PRESENT, MOON WAKES UP, BEER BOTTLES SURROUNDING HIM, TELEVISION ON.

Reporter: The President and President-elect Iverson met today to discuss the transition of power. Since both Presidents are of the same political party, the invitation by the President was seen as a friendly, happy one. Both men met at the White House and had a lunch and walked around the White House grounds.

MOON THROWS BEER BOTTLE AT TELEVISION.

END SCENE
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2008, 01:36:44 AM »

MOON WAKES UP, BEER BOTTLES SURROUNDING HIM,

hahaha!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2008, 02:40:56 AM »

SCENE OPENS, PRESS CONFERENCE, PRESIDENT-ELECT IVERSON AND VICE PRESIDENT-ELECT QUINN STAND AT PODIUM TAKING QUESTIONS FROM THE PRESS.

Iverson: Kelly, go ahead.
Kelly: Governor, many in the Washington inner circle are concerned that you're outsider status will result in poor judgement in regards to cabinet appointments you'll make. What is your response?
Iverson: Well, if you can just give me their names...

PRESS LAUGHS, VICE PRESIDENT-ELECT QUINN CHUCKLES.

Iverson: I feel that my being an outsider will be an asset to Washington, not a liability. Look, some people may feel that way, but I honestly don't care. The people of America elected me to take the helm and fix the problems that come before our nation.
Reporter: Sir! How can you change Washington if you're of the same political party as the President?
Iverson: Look, I've met with the President, I've spoken to him numerous times, and we have agreed that while our political affiliation and beliefs are the same, not all of our policies will be exactly the same.
Reporter: How can you justify that with Secretary of State Quinn becoming your Vice President?
Iverson: Hank, you wanna take this one? (chuckles)
Quinn: Look, until January 20th, I am still the Secretary of State for this President...but come January 20th, I'll be working hand in hand along side THIS President. America hasn't elected the President to a third term. Jack Iverson is his own man and will be his own kind of President, and as Vice President, I'll give him my support 100%.

END SCENE

SCENE OPENS AT THANKSGIVING, MOON RESIDENCE. SENATOR MOON, DAUGHTER KENDRA, SON TOM AND FRIENDS SIT AT DINNER TABLE. MOON'S FRIEND HAL WYLAND, 45, SLIGHTLY BALDING, IS EATING TURKEY AND STUFFING.

Wyland: Good good stuffing, Chris.
Moon: Ah, that's all Kendra right there.
Wyland: Excellent stuffing Kendra.
Tom: (under his breath) That's nothing new. (snorts a laugh)
Kendra: SHUTUP TOM!
Moon: NOW GUYS BEHAVE! Actin' like a bunch of kids.
Wyland: So, Chris...how has work been ever since the election?
Moon: (chuckles) What work? I'm a Senator!

EVERYONE LAUGHS

Moon: Honestly...I haven't done much. The whole thing must take a while to wear off.
Wyland: Haven't you met with Iverson yet?
Moon: (cringes) No...no...not yet.
Wyland: I heard you two were gonna meet after the election.
Moon: I guess we just never got around to it, that's all.
Tom: I still can't believe Iverson won.
Kendra: He didn't really win, Tom.
Moon: What's that supposed to mean, Kendra?
Kendra: Daddy, you got 71 million votes.
Moon: Yeah?
Kendra: Iverson got 70 million. You won.
Moon: Yeah but that doesn't mean anything...I lost Ohio and the electoral college.
Kendra: I just don't think it's fair.
Moon: Well, that's the way it's been done forever, sweetheart.
Tom: I have to say, Dad...you're taking this alot better than I thought you were.
Moon: What do you mean?
Tom: Well, a few weeks ago I got a little worried...but it seems you're pretty much over it. Ya know, like you have your own plans.
Moon: (looks down and grins and chuckles) Yep...yep...I got some plans, alright. More turkey, anyone?

END SCENE

SCENE OPENS, DECEMBER 16TH, AT A CHRISTMAS PARTY IN THE MINNESOTA GOVERNOR'S MANSION. FORMER LT. GOV AND NEW GOVERNOR OF MINNESOTA KEN FIELDS, 35 YEARS OLD, BLOND HAIR, WALKS UP TO PRESIDENT-ELECT IVERSON AND WIFE JEANNE. CHRISTMAS SONG "CHRISTMAS (BABY PLEASE COME HOME)" PLAYS IN THE BACKGROUND.

Fields: Mr. President-elect! Mrs. First Lady-elect! Pleasure to see you guys!
Iverson: Hey Ken! How's it feel to be Governor of Minnesota?
Fields: Pretty good, sir. How did it feel resigning?
Iverson: Ah, it was sad. I'm gonna miss Minnesota, but I'll be back.
Fields: Yeah, as a Former President ice fishing on some random frozen lake.
Jeanne: (laughs) Yep..yep...that'll be Jack.
Iverson: I already hear the "Fargo" jokes on the late night shows.
Fields: Ah...yeah...the whole "accent" thing.
Iverson: I never thought I had one...but they say I do. (chuckles)
Jeanne: The insiders expect moose-heads to be hanging up inside the White House.
Iverson: Ah come on Jeanne...it'll be Largemouth Bass. (laughs)
Fields: (laughs) Well, Jack...I just wanted to wish my best. You have a Merry Christmas, sir.
Iverson: You too, Ken!

SUDDENLY THE SONG "SOMEDAY AT CHRISTMAS" BEGINS PLAYING.

Iverson: Wanna dance, babe?
Jeanne: Are we allowed, Jack?
Iverson: I'm the President-elect of the United States...I'm allowed to dance with my wife wherever I want.

THE PRESIDENT-ELECT AND JEANNE IVERSON SHARE A NICE DANCING MOMENT TO THE HOLIDAY MUSIC. THE LYRICS RING TRUE TO IVERSON AS HE LISTENS:

"Someday all our dreams will come to be
Someday in a world where men are free
Maybe not in time for you and me
But someday at Christmastime"

THE PARTY GUESTS APPLAUD WHEN THE DANCE FINISHES. IVERSON AND HIS WIFE KISS. HE WHISPERS IN HER EAR.

Iverson: I love you so much, sweetheart.

END SCENE
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2008, 03:31:03 AM »

Aww, a happy moment.  I need one of those.  lol.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2008, 02:34:03 PM »

Will the sitting President ever be identified?  Or do you leave it up to the reader?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2008, 07:36:11 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2008, 04:25:47 AM by Reaganfan »

Will the sitting President ever be identified?  Or do you leave it up to the reader?

I've left a few hints in this story Smiley but it is rather irrelevent. My story universe begins with the election of Jack Iverson.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2008, 10:41:42 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2008, 10:46:54 PM by Reaganfan »

SCENE OPENS, DECEMBER 20TH, PRESIDENT-ELECT IVERSON AT HIS HOME INFRONT OF THE TELVISION, A SMALL BOWL OF POPCORN AND A CAN OF COKE NEXT TO HIM. JEANNE IVERSON WALKS IN THE ROOM.

Jeanne: Jack, Chris Moon is on the telephone for you.

IVERSON PICKS UP PHONE.

Iverson: (on phone) Hello?
Moon: (on phone) Jack...Jack...how are you?
Iverson: (a little baffled) Uh...I'm good, Senator. How about yourself.
Moon: Ah...I'm fine...I just...I've been really busy what with the Senate work and all.
Iverson: Of course, of course.
Moon: Jack, we never did meet after the election last month...I'm gonna be flying into Duluth for a business meeting on Christmas Eve.
Iverson: Sounds like a crappy date for a business meeting.
Moon: Yep...yep, indeed it is. But...I figured since I'll be in town, we can meet. Maybe in the evening...
Iverson: Well, Jeanne, Rachel and I are going to visit family late on Christmas Eve...how's around 5 or so?
Moon: I'll be there!
Iverson: Good, good...I'll have my security guy Texx send ya right into the house. We're still packin' up so it's like one giant half-empty mansion. You could get lost in it! (laughs)
Moon: (laughs) Sounds good, sir. I'll guess I'll see you in four days!
Iverson: Sure thing!
Moon: Oh yeah, Jack...one more thing.
Iverson: You bet, Chris.
Moon: Don't tell the press...they've been hounding me ever since the election and I would rather us just meet and chat without the flashbulbs every five seconds.
Iverson: Of course, Chris.
Moon: Excellent. Looking forward to it, sir.
Iverson: Sure thing, see you then.

IVERSON HANGS UP PHONE. JEANNE WALKS BACK IN ROOM.

Jeanne: What was that about?
Iverson: Ah...just some political business between old foes. (chuckles)

SCENE SHIFTS BACK TO MOON HANGING UP PHONE. HE GRABS A DRINK AND GUZZLES IT DOWN. HE LAUGHS SINISTERLY.

END SCENE

SCENE OPENS, DECEMBER 21ST, WITH AN ANGRY SENATOR MOON...PACING BACK AND FORTH IN HIS HOME OFFICE ROOM. HE HEARS THE DOORBELL AND WALKS TO THE DOOR. HE OPENS THE DOOR TO FIND A MAN, BALDING WITH MUSTACHE, 50 YEARS OLD OR SO, WAITING IN THE COLD, BLOWING SNOW.

Moon: You must be Lester Welding!
Welding: Senator Moon!
Moon: Yeah yeah, come in!
Welding: Pleasure to meet you, Senator. I'm sorry about the election. I voted for you, sir.
Moon: Thank you, thank you. Come on back to my personal office.

MOON TAKES WELDING BACK TO HIS OFFICE.

Moon: Weather's wicked, huh?
Welding: Colder than the North Pole, Senator!
Moon: Can I get you something to drink?
Welding: I'm fine, thank you.
Moon: Yep...nothing like a cold winter in Pennsylvania. I remember back in '17, walking out in the woods with my late wife Karen and our kids, over in Avondale. The wind was so cold...it'd cut right through ya.
Welding: I hear the weather will be nice here for Christmas, though.
Moon: Well, it won't be for me.
Welding: How come?
Moon: Because I'll be visiting with a friend in Minnesota.
Welding: Sounds interesting. I actually was in Minnesota before...back in '12....I met...well not met...I got to shake President Obama's hand. I mean, it was a fast thing but-
Moon: I'M SURE...it's a great story...but...Mr. Welding...we're here to discuss some business.
Welding: Of course, sir.
Moon: So...what have we got?
Welding: A real beaut, Senator.

WELDING PULLS OUT A BRIEFCASE.

Welding: Silver, 9mm automatic, 17 shots, one up the pipe...quite a nice firearm.
Moon: What's it's stopping power?
Welding: I wouldn't wanna find out. Rumor has it one of these things once went straight through two men and then through a car. That's just one bullet. One of 18. Quite a package, Senator.
Moon: Yeah it sure looks like it...

MOON GRABS THE GUN AND OBSERVES IT.

Welding: What's your purpose for owning it?
Moon: Ah...I figured might as well start a collection.
Welding: Well it's sure a beaut.
Moon: How about this one?

MOON PICKS UP ANOTHER GUN, SMALL REVOLVER FROM THE CASE.

Welding: Ah...a "Saturday Night Special". Silver, snubnose, .38 caliber. Six shots...nice little weapon.
Moon: Pretty small size.
Welding: Absolutely...perfect for an ankle holster.
Moon: Yeah...Yeah...where can I get an ankle holster...hell...a holster for Mr. 9MM?
Welding: (chuckles) Look no further. I can get you this 9MM, .38, and two holsters.
Moon: How fast?
Welding: (chuckles) Senator...I can have them by morning!
Moon: How much would it cost me?
Welding: Well, the 9MM is $500...the .38 is $400....the holsters would be about $120 put together...plus two extra 9MM ammo clips that cost whatever...I'd say about $1,300.
Moon: I'll take all of that. But look...I'll need to pick it all up when I'm in Minnesota.
Welding: Not a problem at all, which city?
Moon: Duluth.
Welding: I'll tell ya what I'll do, Senator. I'll have one of our boys prepare everything you need. Just take this card, give us a call when you get to Duluth, and we'll have one of our St. Paul boys deliver everything to ya on Christmas Eve...wherever you're at. You wanna pay in advance?
Moon: Sure.
Welding: Check?
Moon: Nah...cash.
Welding: Wow.

MOON PULLS HIS WALLET OUT...GLANCES A LOOK AT HIS WIFE'S PICTURE...THEN PULLS OUT TWO $500 BILLS, AND THREE $100 BILLS.

Moon: Here ya go...$1,300 dollars upfront.
Welding: WOW. I've never seen a $500 bill before. They're rare, huh?
Moon: Yep. I have a collection of them...but rarely give them out. For you though, I figured...what the hell! It's Christmas.
Welding: Thank you for doing business Senator.
Moon: Not a problem, thank you, Mr. Welding.

MOON WALKS WELDING TO THE DOOR.

Welding: Wow...a $500 dollar bill. Which President is that?
Moon: That's President William McKinley.
Welding: Huh...whatever happened to him?
Moon: He got shot. Merry Christmas to ya.
Welding: Merry Christmas.

MOON SHUTS THE DOOR AND CHUCKLES.

END SCENE
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2008, 12:23:11 AM »

I think its Jindal.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2008, 01:03:15 AM »

I think its Jindal.

Yup.  I wonder who #46 and #45 are? We know 46 is a Democrat.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2008, 01:54:45 AM »
« Edited: December 13, 2008, 01:57:03 AM by Reaganfan »

SCENE OPENS THE NEXT DAY, DECEMBER 22ND, A FRIDAY. SENATOR MOON OPENS THE DOOR TO HIS HOME AND HIS DAUGHTER KENDRA AND SON TOM WALK IN WITH GIFTS.

Moon: Hey guys!
Kendra: Merry Christmas, Daddy!
Tom: Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas!
Moon: What you all got in here?
Kendra: Just a few Christmas goodies!
Tom: Dad, why do we have to exchange gifts today?
Moon: Well, Tom I'm going out of town and won't be back until after Christmas.
Kendra: Where are you going?
Moon: Minnesota.
Tom: What for?
Moon: Ah...business meeting.
Kendra: (rolls eyes) Ugh...Dad I hate politics.
Moon: Well then you're probably happy I didn't win that election.
Kendra: Why would I be happy you lost?
Moon: Well politics is a rough game, and I would have been the leader of the free world.
Tom: Whatever. The point is...we're exchanging gifts today and I go first! (laughs)

SCENE SHIFTS TO  IVERSON HOME, DULUTH, MINNESOTA. MANY BOXES HAVE BEEN PACKED AWAY WITH THE IMPENDING MOVE INTO THE WHITE HOUSE. PRESIDENT-ELECT IVERSON LOOKS OUT THE WINDOW AT THE SNOW FALLING. SECRET SERVICE AGENT RAY TEXX WALKS IN.

Iverson: Hey Ray.
Texx: Hey sir.
Iverson: What's up?
Texx: I have a gift to give you, sir.
Iverson: (chuckles) Really?
Texx: Yes sir...well...have gift...have protection.
Iverson: Thank you so much, Texx.

IVERSON UNWRAPS IT. IT IS A SILVER BRACELET.

Texx: New Secret Service tool. You wear it on your wrist, it looks like a normal bracelet that would rarely even be seen with a suit and dress shirt on. But if you somehow get in danger, or need me at your side, just pop open that catch and press that little gray button in...and I'll be at your side in a flash.

IVERSON PUTS ON THE BRACELET.

Iverson: May I test it out?
Texx: Yo man, you're the President.
Iverson: (chuckles) Yep.

IVERSON FLIPS THE CATCH AND PRESSES THE BUTTON. A FAINT BEEPING NOISE IS HEARD FROM TEXX'S EARPIECE.

Texx: Works like a charm, sir.
Iverson: Thank you, Texx. I feel...safe. (chuckles)
Texx: You bet, Mr. President. By the way...
Iverson: Yeah?
Texx: I voted for you, sir.
Iverson: Thanks, Ray.
Texx: Sure thing. So, what are your plans for the weekend?
Iverson: Tomorrow I have to go to the Governor's Mansion, a little pre-Christmas Eve party with Governor Fields. Then on Christmas Eve, Senator Moon is coming here to meet with me in the evening.
Texx: Ah, yes...I heard you two were gonna meet.
Iverson: Well, we never got around to it. We decided to keep it hush-hush so the press wouldn't bombard us.
(chuckles)
Texx: Understandable. (chuckles)
Iverson: While we're here, Jeanne and Rachel will be at her parent's house.
Texx: You won't be going?
Iverson: (laughs) I may be the President-elect, but I'm still aggrivated at my in-laws. Besides...Jeanne's father is a huge bleeding heart.
Texx: (laughs)
Iverson: After I meet with Moon, I'll head over to more family and yadda yadda yadda, you know?
Texx: Well sir, Agent Roscoe and I will be here with you and Senator Moon.
Iverson: Sounds good, Texx.

TEXX AND IVERSON SHAKE HANDS.

END SCENE

SCENE OPENS - DECEMBER 23RD - A PARTY AT GOVERNOR'S MANSION. PRESIDENT-ELECT IVERSON STANDS AT PODIUM IN A TUXEDO.

Iverson: Ya know...when I was elected Governor...which by the way thank you all for voting for me...
CROWD LAUGHS
Iverson: When I was elected many of the pundits on television and talk radio said that they liked me...but that they didn't believe I had the "stuff" that it took to effective run a state. Well...ladies and gentlemen...I not only had the "stuff" to effectively run a state for six years...but I will now be effectively running the entire country for the NEXT FOUR!
CROWD APPLAUDES
Iverson: Let there be no mistake about it...as Jeanne and I leave for Washington....we have a deep sense of love in our hearts for the state of Minnesota. And...we have left the state in good hands with our new Governor, Ken Fields!
CROWD APPLAUDES
Iverson: Thank you, God Bless you, and Merry Christmas!

SCENE ENDS

SCENE OPENS - DECEMBER 24RD - CHRISTMAS EVE - LATE MORNING. SENATOR MOON ARRIVES AT DULUTH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. HE IS CARRYING ON BAG OF LUGGAGE. HE WALKS OVER TO A PAYPHONE. HE PULLS OUT THE CARD OF WELDING AND DIALS THE NUMBER.

Moon: (on phone) Yeah....this is Moon. I'm in Duluth. Meet me in two hours at the Rest Stop off Route 53. Bring the stuff.

MOON HANGS UP PHONE AND WALKS OUT OF AIRPORT.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2008, 02:40:19 AM »

SCENE OPENS, OUTSIDE REST AREA. SNOW HAS FALLEN BUT IT IS NOT CURRENTLY SNOWING. SENATOR MOON WAITS HOLDING HIS BAG. A 2019 MERCURY MILAN, BLACK, PULLS UP. A MAN, EARLY 30S, LEATHER JACKET, DARK HAIR GETS OUT OF IT.

Bob: My name is Bob. You must be Senator Moon.
Moon: That's right, Bob. You got the guns?
Bob: Sure thing, Senator.

BOB GOES TO THE TRUNK, POPS IT OPEN, AND REVEALS A BRIEFCASE. INSIDE OF IT IS A SILVER, 9MM WITH TWO EXTRA MAGAZINES, A SNUBNOSE .38 CALIBER WITH A BOX OF EXTRA BULLETS, AND TWO HOLSTERS. MOON PICKS UP THE 9MM.

Bob: Senator...those guns are already loaded...you've already paid. We're all set.
Moon: Wait Bob...we're not all set.
Bob: Sir?
Moon: See Bob...I need a car.
Bob: A car?
Moon: Yes...this car looks quite good so I'm afraid I'm going to have to steal your car.
Bob: Are you fuc*ing nuts, buddy? Do you know who you're fuc*ing with?

SENATOR MOON POINTS THE 9MM AT BOB.

Bob: What the , man!?
Moon: You see, Bob...I need these guns for a reason.
Bob: What?
Moon: I'm going to use them to kill Jack Iverson.
Bob: Oh you're ing whacked, pal...you're a nut....I knew I should have listened to my mother and not voted for you!
Moon: Ya see, Bob...I've never killed anyone before in my life.
Bob: Come on man!
Moon: You're my first.
Bob: NOOOOO!!!!

SENATOR MOON UNLOADS THE ENTIRE 9MM INTO BOB. BOB SCREAMS AS HE IS SHOT DOWN BY A BARRAGE OF 18 BULLETS, KILLING HIM. THE GUN JACKS ITSELF BACK. MOON DROPS ONE MAGAZINE, PUTS IT IN HIS POCKET AND GRABS ANOTHER. HE RELOADS THE GUN, PUTTING AN EXTRA BULLET UP THE PIPE. HE LOOKS AROUND. NOTHING. NOTHING BUT GRAY SKIES AND WHITE SNOW, WITH THE MAJOR EXCEPTION BEING THE POOL OF BLOOD SURROUNDING BOB.

Moon: (to himself) Bob...Bob...Bob...18 bullets...quite a nifty weapon, Bob.

MOON PUTS THE HOLSTER ON AROUND HIS ARMS AND PUTS THE 9MM IN IT. HE THEN STRAPS ON THE ANKLE HOLSTER WITH THE .38 ON HIS LEG. HE GRABS BOB'S BLOODY BODY AND PUTS IT IN THE TRUNK. HE GETS IN THE CAR AND DRIVES OFF.

END SCENE

SCENE SHIFTS TO IVERSON HOME. PRESIDENT-ELECT IVERSON IS WEARING A WHITE DRESS SHIRT WITH THE FIRST TWO BUTTONS UNDONE, AND A BLACK BLAZER JACKET. JEANNE IVERSON AND RACHEL, DRESSED UP, WALK UP TO HIM.

Rachel: Dad, how come you aren't coming to Grandma and Grandpa's with us?
Iverson: I'm the President-elect now, Rachel...I'm a busy guy.
Jeanne: Well...you haven't gone for years so you must have been the President-elect for our entire marriage. (she winks)
Iverson: You guys have fun.
Jeanne: We'll be back around eight o'clock or so.

AGENT ROSCOE AND TEXX STAND BY THE DOOR AS RACHEL AND JEANNE LEAVE.

Iverson: You guys can "chill".
Roscoe: Sir, our job is to be alert at all times.
Iverson: Nothing to worry about tonight. Once the Senator's done meeting with me, we'll be off to more family gatherings and then it's Christmastime!

SCENE SHIFTS TO MOON DRIVING DOWN DARK ROAD IN THE CAR. HE IS CLEARLY ANGRY AND SHAKEN. HE JUST MURDERED A MAN AND STOLE HIS VEHICLE. HE IS NOW ON THE WAY TO THE HOME OF THE PRESIDENT-ELECT. THE RAGE CONTINUES TO BUILD.

END SCENE
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2008, 10:12:07 PM »

SCENE OPENS AS A 2019 MERCURY MILAN PULLS UP TO THE IVERSON RESIDENCE. SENATOR MOON, BROWN TRENCH COAT WITH SUIT ON UNDER IT, STEPS OUT OF THE VEHICLE. PRESIDENT-ELECT IVERSON HOPS DOWN THE STAIRS TO THE DOOR.

Texx: Sir...we should-
Iverson: Ah...don't worry about, Ray. It's just Senator Moon. Hey Chris, how are you doing?

SENATOR MOON WALKS UP TO IVERSON AND SHAKES HIS HAND.

Moon: Well sir...it's...the first time we have been face to face since the debate.
Iverson: (chuckles) I'm glad about that, you killed me in those debates.
Moon: (chuckles)
Iverson: Well come in, come in! You want some coffee or something?
Moon: Sure, a cup of coffee would be nice.
Iverson: How do you take it?
Moon: Some cream.
Iverson: Got it.

IVERSON RUNS IN KITCHEN, MOON FOLLOWS BEHIND.

Moon: You still make yourself coffee?
Iverson: (laughs) Sure, why not? I may be the President-elect...but I am still capable of making my own coffee.

MOON, STIFF AND WOODEN, WALKS AROUND IVERSON'S KITCHEN.

Iverson: Senator...take off your jacket...relax.

IVERSON POURS MOON SOME COFFEE AND HANDS HIM THE CUP AND CREAM.

Moon: So...where's the wife and daughter?
Iverson: Ah, they're at my inlaws. We're going to my parent's house around eight.
Moon: Can I ask you something?
Iverson: Sure.
Moon: Did you think you could win?
Iverson: For a while I thought it was possible...but the leads you had on me were so huge...I thought I was done.
Moon: I saw a newspaper that read "MOON DEFEATS IVERSON".
Iverson: (chuckles) Dewey defeats Truman?
Moon: I guess so.
Iverson: Yeah, well...those debates were something. Infact, after those debates I knew that I was finished. I still have trouble adjusting to it. I mean...I even heard rumors you wrote your inaugural address.
Moon: (pause) Just a bit of it.
Iverson: Wow...crazy how things turn out. That's politics, I guess.
Moon: No....that's just my luck.

IVERSON AND MOON STAND IN THE KITCHEN FOR A MOMENT.

Moon: Can we go to your office to discuss some matters?
Iverson: Of course...but there isn't much furniture left in there. (chuckles)

IVERSON AND MOON WALK UP THE STAIRCASE TO THE SECOND FLOOR OFFICE.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2008, 10:41:15 PM »

This is suspenseful.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2008, 10:47:36 PM »

Yep...and I have even more story ideas to write after this one.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2008, 10:48:37 PM »

Why not do a shakespearean tragedy centered around the implosion of the Assad administration?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2008, 10:50:12 PM »

Even better than the other one.  And I liked the other one.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2008, 04:17:45 AM »

PRESIDENT-ELECT IVERSON CLOSES THE DOOR TO HIS OFFCE AND SITS BEHIND HIS DESK. SENATOR MOON WALKS UP TO THE DESK.

Iverson: You can have a seat if you like, Senator.
Moon: I have something else in mind.

AT THAT MOMENT, MOON SWIFTLY PULLS A 9MM AUTOMATIC OUT OF HIS HOLSTER, HIDDEN BEHIND HIS SUIT JACKET. HOLDING IT AT IVERSON, THE TWO MEN LOOK SQUARELY AT EACHOTHER, MOON'S FACE FULL OF ANGER, IVERSON'S FACE FULL OF SHOCK. IVERSON STANDS FACING MOON.

Iverson: Chris? What are you doing?
Moon: Defeating you.
Iverson: I don't understand.
Moon: Listen to me, Iverson. You took everything from me. EVERYTHING.
Iverson: I didn't.
Moon: (YELLS) SHUT UP! YOU LISTEN TO ME NOW, JACK!
Iverson: Alright...alright, Chris.
Moon: Everything was perfect. Karen and I were the most ideal couple. We were as madly in love then as we where when we got married. We made love every single day...and if we couldn't for some reason...we made it up. (chuckles) We were madly in love. Then...five years ago...a blizzard...alot like this one we're seeing outside tonight...

IVERSON AND MOON LOOK AT EACHOTHER, THE GUN STILL POINTED AT IVERSON.

Moon: When they found her car, it was buried under a seven foot snowdrift. The jaws of life opened up that frozen car and found...
Iverson: Chris. I know what happened. I can only imagine the pain you must have felt.
Moon: (chuckles) The pain? That's right, Iverson. There was pain. Pain that I could cover with only one thing...

BEAT

Moon: ...POWER.

MOON AND IVERSON BEGIN PACING AROUND THE OFFICE. MOON CONTINUES TO POINT THE GUN DIRECTLY AT IVERSON.

Moon: You see, Iverson. After I lost Karen...my children and my work were the only things that mattered to me. I took every available slot I could with the press...I created a centrist record...I did everything I could to make me the heir apparent for the Democrats.
Iverson: So why not run four years ago?
Moon: I knew the President would be hard to beat...so I sat it out. Let the left wing loons fill the field. The primary campaign alone with that liberal field of candidates basically made Republicans salivate and sealed the President's re-election. I knew...if I held out just four years...I could run a stunning campaign. A campaign that would sweep the country. And YOU, YOU IVERSON, took that from me.
Iverson: I'm just a politician, Senator.
Moon: DON'T GIVE ME THAT, JACK. YOU STOLE WHAT WAS RIGHTFULLY MINE....AND IT WAS THE ONLY THING I HAD LEFT.

IVERSON AND MOON LOOK AT EACHOTHER. IVERSON LEANS ON HIS DESK AND BUMPS THE CATCH ON THE BRACELET AGENT TEXX GAVE HIM. HE THEN BUMPS THE BUTTON. DOWNSTAIRS, AGENT TEXX HEARS A BEEPING NOISE IN HIS EARPIECE. HE WALKS OVER TO AGENT ROSCOE.

Texx: I'll be right back, Ros.
Roscoe: Alright, Ray.

BACK IN THE OFFICE UPSTAIRS, MOON IS GETTING MORE AND MORE ANGRY.

Moon: This is it Iverson. The final campaign.

MOON GOES TO SHOOT.

Iverson: WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GONNA HAPPEN, CHRIS?

MOON LOWERS THE WEAPON.

Iverson: You pull that trigger, Hank Quinn is the President-designate, and my work goes on. As for you, if you made it past the agents alive...you would be disgraced in a trial as the killer of a President-elect.
Moon: You really wanna try and a test a guy with a ing gun in your face, Jack?
Iverson: (YELLING) You're no different than Booth or Oswald, Moon...you're SCREWED UP IN YOUR ING MIND!
Moon:  you, IVERSON!

MOON GOES TO SHOOT JUST AS AGENT TEXX LEAPS THROUGH THE DOOR ONTO SENATOR MOON. AGENT TEXX TRIES TO GET THE GUN OUT OF MOON'S HAND. PRESIDENT-ELECT IVERSON DUCKS AND MOVES BEHIND THE THE DESK UNDER THE ORDERS OF AGENT TEXX.

Texx: (screaming) GUN! MR. PRESIDENT STAY DOWN!

THE GUN FIRES TWICE IN THE AIR. MOON PUNCHES AGENT TEXX AND GETS UP WITH THE GUN. HE AIMS IT AT IVERSON, BUT TEXX PUSHES HIS ARM. THE SHOT GOES INTO PRESIDENT-ELECT IVERSON'S
SHOULDER. MOON SLAMS THE GUN INTO AGENT TEXX'S FACE, KNOCKING HIM OUT. JUST THEN, AGENT ROSCOE RUNS THROUGH THE DOOR. MOON FIRES ONE BULLET THAT GOES STRAIGHT THROUGH AGENT ROSCOE'S HEAD, KILLING HIM INSTANTLY.

MOON, SWEATING AND BEAT UP, RISES POINTING THE GUN AT IVERSON.

Iverson: (holding bleeding shoulder) More agents will be coming, you know.
Moon: Yeah...driving to a secluded home with a ing blizzard outside? Not in time for you, Iverson. Say goodbye.

MOON GOES TO SQUEEZE THE TRIGGER ON IVERSON WHEN SUDDENLY A BULLET GOES STRAIGHT THROUGH MOON'S RIGHT LEG. AGENT TEXX HAS SHOT HIS WEAPON AT MOON. MOON SCREAMS IN
PAIN, POINTS HIS GUN AT TEXX WHEN IVERSON JUMPS ON HIM. MOON AND IVERSON SCUFFLE ON THE FLOOR. AGENT TEXX IS LAYING WITH BLOOD POURING FROM HIS FACE. HE CAN'T SQUEEZE ANOTHER SHOT WITH IVERSON IN THE LINE OF FIRE. IVERSON GRABS THE GUN...BUT MOON SQUEEZES THREE SHOTS OFF. ONE STRIKES AGENT TEXX IN THE CHEST AND HE DROPS HIS WEAPON.

IVERSON SEES THIS AND LEAPS FOR TEXX'S GUN. MOON RUNS OUTSIDE THE OFFICE JUST AS IVERSON FIRES THREE SHOTS AT HIM, MISSING.

Moon: CAN'T GET ME JACK!
Iverson:  you, Moon! You son of a bitch!

MOON IS STANDING BEHIND A STAIR POST OUTSIDE THE UPSTAIRS OFFICE DOORWAY. HE FIRES SEVERAL SHOTS IN THE DOORWAY, IVERSON DUCKS BEHIND THE DOOR. MOON DROPS THE MAGAZINE AND RELOADS THE 9MM.

Moon: You know, Jack...I've got 17 bullets here with you're name on each one.
Iverson: That's funny, Chris...I've got a bunch of rounds too...all aiming for your ass.
Moon: Always like a ing cowboy, Jack.

MOON RUNS OUT FROM BEHIND STAIR POST AND FIRES A BARRAGE OF BULLETS THROUGH THE DOORWAY SCREAMING. IVERSON JOLTS OUT FROM THE DOORWAY AND FIRES A SINGLE SHOT THAT
PIERCES THROUGH MOON'S GUT. MOON FALLS DOWN THE STAIRS AND DROPS HIS GUN. HE LANDS ON HIS BACK AGAINST SEVERAL PACKED BOXES. IVERSON WALKS DOWN THE STAIRS APPROACHING A GUT-SHOT MOON.

Moon: (laughs with blood pouring from his wound and out of his mouth) Anything you wanna say to me, Iverson?
Iverson: Yeah...a little something you're in denial about, Senator.
Moon: (chuckles and reaches for .38 in ankle holster) What's that, Jack?
Iverson: I BEAT YOU.

JUST THEN, PRESIDENT-ELECT IVERSON UNLOADS TEN BULLETS STRAIGHT INTO MOON'S CHEST KILLING HIM. THE SOUND OF SIRENS CAN BE HEARD QUICKLY APPROACHING THE PRESIDENT-ELECT'S HOME. IVERSON LOOKS DOWN AT THE BODY OF SENATOR MOON.

END SCENE

Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2008, 05:00:59 AM »

You had me going along with it until the last paragraph. Then we just entered a whole new realm.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2008, 11:15:37 AM »

Mel Gibson and Nick Nolte?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2008, 02:11:10 PM »

That was weird.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2008, 02:32:12 PM »

Shhhh! Wink
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2008, 05:41:31 PM »

I liked it. I think probably the last bit with Iverson killing Moon is kind of far-fetched.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2008, 07:28:32 PM »

SCENE OPENS, DECEMBER 25TH, CHRISTMAS DAY, WITH NEWSREPORT

Reporter: A shocking development for the President-elect this Christmas day. Last night, Senator Christopher Moon of Pennsylvania, the former rival of President-elect Iverson entered the Iverson residence in Duluth, Minnesota for a secret scheduled meeting with the President-elect. Apparently, Moon pulled a gun on the President-elect and attempted to assassinate him. In a remarkable exchange of gunfire between the President-elect and Senator Moon, the Senator was killed by the President, and we also understand that one secret service agent, Peter Roscoe was killed. Two men, one of them the President-elect, are resting comfortably in the local hospital here in Duluth. We under stand the President-elect suffered a gunshot wound to his shoulder and is in stable condition, and secret service agent Ray Texx suffered one gunshot wound to the chest and is also in stable condition, we understand he had on a bulletproof vest.

TELEVISION SHUTS OFF. PRESIDENT-ELECT IVERSON SITS IN THE HOSPITAL ROOM, A PRIVATE ROOM ON AN UPPER FLOOR OF THE HOSPITAL. WIFE JEANNE IVERSON SITS NEXT TO HIM.

Jeanne: Jack...there are going to be lots of questions.
Iverson: Of course, I know that sweetie. Like how many shooters and how many shots. (chuckles)
Jeanne: (chuckles) More like...was President-elect Iverson right in shooting Senator Moon. Did he use excessive force?
Iverson: We'll just tell the press, I used everything I had.

IVERSON AND JEANNE LOOK AT EACHOTHER AND KISS IN HOSPITAL ROOM. SECRET SERVICE AGENT RAY TEXX WALKS THROUGH THE DOOR, FACE BEAT UP WITH BANDAGES ON.

Iverson: HOLY COW! RAY!
Texx: Merry Christmas, sir.
Iverson: Jeanne, Texx here saved my life...more than once last night.
Texx: Just part of my job, sir. It's unfortunate about Agent Roscoe, though.
Iverson: Yes...I already called his widow and expressed my deepest sorrow but admiration for his service. Nothing will ever be the same for her.
Texx: I think things will be a little shaky for EVERYONE for a while, sir. Senator Moon had serious issues.
Jeanne: The man was mental!
Iverson: No...no...Jeanne. The man was very sane. He just reacted in the wrong fashion. When he and I were ducked behind banisters and boxes and doors, exchanging gunfire...I realized how terrible battle is..how terrible war is. But I also realized that there is still war and battle...and in order to achieve peace...sometimes war is necessary. When those bullets were flying last night...I realized that there are still good guys and bad guys...and sometimes you have to take charge or else the bad guy will win. Let the press and public think what they want...but when Moon reached for his weapon at the bottom of the stairs last night...I...I didn't hesitate. Not for a moment.
Texx: It takes one tough man to go through all that and survive, sir. You're gonna make one hell of a President.

TEXX AND IVERSON SHAKE HANDS. TEXX WALKS OUT OF THE HOSPITAL ROOM, AS HE LEAVES, SEVEN SECRET SERVICE AGENTS STAND OUTSIDE THE DOOR. IVERSON TURNS ON THE TELEVISION AND FINDS A CHRISTMAS CONCERT. HE HEARS A SONG.

"Someday all our dreams will come to be
Someday in a world where men are free
Maybe not in time for you and me
But someday at Christmastime"

Iverson: Merry Christmas, Jeanne.
Jeanne: Merry Christmas, Mr. President.

THE END
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2008, 08:39:30 PM »

This story was the plot I had in my head since December 2003. The ending was always the same in my mind, with a shootout between Iverson and Moon (the names were always the same too...for five years) and Iverson killing Moon.

The next story will begin soon. Look for it. "HAIL TO THE HOSTAGE" about the President and a hostage standoff in the Oval Office.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies