At risk of seeming super-whitebread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:33:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  At risk of seeming super-whitebread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: At risk of seeming super-whitebread  (Read 3875 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: December 08, 2008, 11:37:17 AM »
« edited: December 08, 2008, 11:40:01 AM by Verily »

Retired families also often continue to live in their neighborhoods (although of course many move to Fort Lauderdale, Phoenix, San Diego, etc., too), and they bring down the median household income despite having low living expenses (no children to raise, mortgage paid off, etc.).

Anyway, I can sympathize. I would never have considered my family rich as a child, but our household income was somewhere around $250k. Living expense account for some of it, of course; Bergen County is one of the most expensive places to live, regardless of income, in the country, up there with the Bay Area. But still.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 11:10:04 PM »

My mom actually makes more than my dad. I wonder what percentage of couples that applies to.

My parents, at least. My mother had more than double my father's income (around $175k to his $75k) before they semi-retired. But he worked for the government, so he got all the health coverage and whatnot for the family.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies