I came out...kind of.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:21:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I came out...kind of.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: I came out...kind of.  (Read 21914 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2008, 11:12:16 PM »

Hopefully the day will come soon when we won't need a thread for people to announce such things or congratulate each other on being able to be themselves.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2008, 11:18:01 PM »

Hopefully the day will come soon when we won't need a thread for people to announce such things or congratulate each other on being able to be themselves.

True.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2008, 12:46:55 AM »

Congrats MSU!! Smiley It must have been a big relief to finally be able to tell someone.

I still haven't come out to anyone yet. I highly doubt I'll ever tell my parents, either. My predicament is the opposite of yours. Tongue It's my mom who's the anti-gay right winger, and dad who is more understanding, but still very conservative and anti-gay.

**Looks over shoulder...**

Aww, sh**t!
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2008, 01:07:00 AM »

Congrats MSU!! Smiley It must have been a big relief to finally be able to tell someone.

I still haven't come out to anyone yet. I highly doubt I'll ever tell my parents, either. My predicament is the opposite of yours. Tongue It's my mom who's the anti-gay right winger, and dad who is more understanding, but still very conservative and anti-gay.

Aw, I'm sorry about your situation Ak.

Thanks. Smiley It is kinda disheartening to listen to what my parents say about the LGBT crowd. If I never tell them, I wouldn't mind. It's a can of worms I would not like to open.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2008, 01:09:48 AM »

Thanks. Smiley It is kinda disheartening to listen to what my parents say about the LGBT crowd. If I never tell them, I wouldn't mind. It's a can of worms I would not like to open.

Thats depressing.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2008, 01:10:23 AM »

Still.. I would rather have people hate me if that's what it came to, than live with that sort of secret. *Comforting hug*
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2008, 01:12:17 AM »

I bet my parents/family say worse things about the LBGT crowd than yours do.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2008, 01:45:31 AM »

Yeah, it sucks. But oh well. Maybe someday I'll muster the courage to tell them.

Still.. I would rather have people hate me if that's what it came to, than live with that sort of secret. *Comforting hug*

I know what you mean. It would be really great to finally come out. I probably will to some of my friends. Even with my friends, I'm pretty shy and reserved. It's something I've been trying to change about myself. I am progressing, if a bit slowly. Tongue But for me to come out to my family, that would take serious change on my part. And I am able to keep things inside for a long time, so it's not all bad. Kiki
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2008, 02:09:43 AM »

No disrespect to MSU, but dude this isn't a good thing to admit you're a fag. Not that I have anything against them.

I think its better to hide it because atleast maybe one day you will become straight and never have to look back at it.  Now it sticks with you forever.

Good luck hope everything works out.

You're ignorance is disgusting.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2008, 02:14:43 AM »

No disrespect to MSU, but dude this isn't a good thing to admit you're a fag. Not that I have anything against them.

I think its better to hide it because atleast maybe one day you will become straight and never have to look back at it.  Now it sticks with you forever.

I could make a remark about stupid black people, and minorities that don't care about other minorities, and how i 'don't have anything against them.' But I'm better than that.

Its one thing to say you think being gay is a choice, even though that's clearly not true and anyone with half a brain, basic reading comprehension skills, and Wikipedia could figure that out. But you don't have to call people fags, because it's insulting and unfair to all of us.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2008, 02:16:09 AM »

lol at least Obama knows the truth. I hope obama pisses off Mike Keller!
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2008, 02:17:41 AM »

Please go back in now.  okthx
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2008, 02:18:56 AM »

I could imagine ty was thrilled when he found out msufan was a half-fag.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2008, 02:21:39 AM »

ok, you really are a joke poster
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2008, 02:24:43 AM »

I sense a few more pages on this thread coming.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2008, 02:29:59 AM »

I thought this whole thread was a joke, but if not thats my advice.

You don't have to like it.

Yes, I think its better to not come out because atleast then you can think the whole thing over.  My best friend was once gay, or atleast behind closed doors.  After prayer and allowing Christ to come into his life, he's now straight and has a child on the way.

You guys are like rabbied dogs on anyone who holds opposing views on homosexuality. That's what I find disgusting.

We have to be rapid dogs, otherwise homophobes like you will keep us down.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2008, 02:46:35 AM »

Yes, I think its better to not come out because atleast then you can think the whole thing over.  My best friend was once gay, or atleast behind closed doors.  After prayer and allowing Christ to come into his life, he's now straight and has a child on the way.

You guys are like rabbied dogs on anyone who holds opposing views on homosexuality. That's what I find disgusting.

I think you meant rabid dogs.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2008, 02:53:42 AM »

ok, you really are a joke poster

LOL funny because you guys already trashed me just because I opposed gay marriages.  That statement is a joke because you already believed that.

"Just because" you opposed equal rights for a historically oppressed minority? You might want to talk to your parents or grandparents about that sort of thing.

What makes you think people choose being gay? Do you have any sort of foundation for that position or is this just bible thumping?
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2008, 03:10:53 AM »

Education will open your eyes to a whole new reality.  A reality less dominated by hate and ignorance and more by tolerance and rationality.

Those "views" so shamelessly flaunted with disregard to independent, intellectual interpretations of the Bible are not things that should be so readily and lazily accepted.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

^A -typical of intellectual snobs.

I have no hate for homosexuals, only love and faith that they will someday find God.

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2008, 03:13:17 AM »

As a gay man I find it insulting that I require 'help.' You talk about rejection, while being intolerant and prefering people to live in secret just because you find it unacceptable.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2008, 03:21:35 AM »

As a gay man I find it insulting that I require 'help.' You talk about rejection, while being intolerant and prefering people to live in secret just because you find it unacceptable.

Right.  How about we, the clear majority on this forum, require you and other religious zealots to practice in private?  You must post in a strictly secular manner, not alluding to any beliefs rooted in religious activity.

Sounds good Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2008, 03:29:28 AM »

What if it was actually bisexual who held these views that you should not come out, or have gay marriages?

What would you tell him?

Mostly the same thing, that he's wrong and a little ignorant.

I don't mean to be attacking you here, your beliefs are your beliefs, it's just that so often people on your side of this issue tend to never give a legit secular reason for opposing gay marriage. Your belief that sexuality is a choice however is just disturbing and ranks up there with thinking the world is flat and that evolution is false.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2008, 04:20:22 AM »

I think you meant rabid dogs.

Since we seem to have problems with spelling "rabbied" dogs.

I looked it up and its r a b b i e d.

No, really, it's rabid: http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=rabbied+dog&aq=f
platypeanArchcow

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -7.65

« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2008, 04:21:08 AM »

First, congrats to MSUFan.

Second, I wholeheartedly agree with others longing for the day when this would not require congratulations.  I think this is already more or less the case at my school.  I've never really "come out" or been vocal about my homosexuality, because I don't view it as an integral part of identity or anything like that.  It's merely a matter of who I flirt with, you know?

Third, I don't see any reason to want to come out to my parents, although this may have to do with the nuances of their attitude.  I think my parents (or at least my dad) wouldn't mind me being gay, as long as I didn't tell them about it.  And if so, why should I disrupt their tranquility?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2008, 04:46:46 AM »

Well it has to do with your happiness as well. To be honest I don't completely buy it when other gay people tell me not telling their parents they're gay/bi doesn't bother them at all.

As for the identity question, I think there's a difference between considering it part of your identity, and being an activist about it. It is after all a relatively big part of who you are and does make you part of some larger group, rather you want to associate with it or not.

For instance, black people are black. There's no getting around that. You're not a white person who seems black, or just another person, you're different. Whether you want to turn into Jesse Jackson or not is entirely up to you, but acknowledge you are black.

At least defend yourself, anyway, considering there's a large portion of the population engaging in a concerted effort to treat us as second-class citizens. Acting as if we're just straight people with different sexual habits is fairly counter-productive to the movement.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies