I came out...kind of. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:12:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I came out...kind of. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I came out...kind of.  (Read 21952 times)
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 08, 2008, 05:08:09 PM »

Over the weekend I was spending a lot the weekend with my best friend Ty. We went up to his cabin about an hour and a half away. We went skiing, snowmobiling and just hung out. It was a bunch of fun.

Anyway, Ty is gay (closeted though - he's only told me and and a couple of his other friends.) I held the same confidence in him. On Saturday evening I ended up telling him I was Bisexual. He's the first and only person I've told to date, in person. He was totally O.K. with it but surprised, I guess he'd never had the thought cross his mind I might be anything but straight.

This weekend was one of the best in my life. I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders... at least somewhat. Also, if you have read the "Keystone Phil vs. MSUfan" thread, you'll see that my sexual interaction isn't 100% female anymore. The 10% happened this weekend. O.K., that was probably unnecessary but I'm just so happy...

Sorry for cluttering the thread with more attention whoring but... yeah, you know.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 08:28:23 PM »

Oh well. I guess I deserved that for not being able to keep my mouth shut about anything.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 08:41:45 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2008, 08:56:39 PM by MSUfan »

I wonder how your football team would react...

Well, actually Ty is a football player (kicker) but still..... most would probably be ok with it upfront, but there would be problems, no doubt.

Oh, and thanks to everybody that's congratulated me. I know that this is just one step but it feels good to be able to confide myself in someone.

Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 08:57:07 PM »

You should read the bible a little more.

I hardly think that's possible. My family is pretty hard-core Catholic. My Dad is a Eucharistic minister and my mom was the Parish Secretary for a long time. There's crucifixes everywhere in my house and their views are for the most part mine (look at my social score)

That's why I wonder if I'll ever be able to tell my parents. My dad is intensely homophobic, my moms more tolerant, but still...
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 03:29:36 PM »

First off, both of my parents did vote for Obama. They're your more New Deal type Democrat's and usually Economics trump Social issues for them. It's also tradition to vote Democratic in my family.

My father is the worst, though. I don't know if I'll ever be able to confront someone with my sexuality that said "Queers are going to burn in hell." Part of the problem is my sexuality. Being Bi presents kind of a problem when you know that you could simply suppress half of your attraction and just have relations with women (which I've been doing for the past couple years).
However, I just feel I wouldn't be true to myself if I let a man I really, really liked slip by just because I'm afraid. I try to live with as few regrets as possible.

As for Keller, I'm not surprised by anything he's said. The contradictions and the ignorance in his statements are expected. The only thing that saddens me is the fact that there are far to many people like him in the world. I'd also advise you to update your viewpoint. The Catholic Church now even accepts Homosexuals.... sort of. They view the attractions as O.K. but advise not to act on them. 

Again, I feel great for this one step. I'll probably tell a couple of my other friends soon, but I don't want to rush into it. Thanks for the congratulations, everyone. Smiley

Oh, and send my congrats to ty. It's good to have someone to have a bit of fun with, bt more importantly to trust. Why did he tell you he was gay in the first place, if I can ask?

We've been best friends ever since middle school. I kind of already knew. The signs were there and I guess he was trying to tell me through actions without saying it, really. We've confided in each other for a long time. After he told me, I felt I could tell him without fear of retribution.

Oh, and the "fun"... I have to admit, it was different from what I expected. Interesting, but different.
MSUFan, I am curious, do you support gay marriage? I see your social score is very far to the right.

Yes.

My social score more involves my opposition to Abortion.

Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 02:38:01 PM »

Over the weekend I was spending a lot the weekend with my best friend Ty. We went up to his cabin about an hour and a half away. We went skiing, snowmobiling and just hung out. It was a bunch of fun.

Anyway, Ty is gay (closeted though - he's only told me and and a couple of his other friends.) I held the same confidence in him. On Saturday evening I ended up telling him I was Bisexual. He's the first and only person I've told to date, in person. He was totally O.K. with it but surprised, I guess he'd never had the thought cross his mind I might be anything but straight.

This weekend was one of the best in my life. I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders... at least somewhat. Also, if you have read the "Keystone Phil vs. MSUfan" thread, you'll see that my sexual interaction isn't 100% female anymore. The 10% happened this weekend. O.K., that was probably unnecessary but I'm just so happy...

Sorry for cluttering the thread with more attention whoring but... yeah, you know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4v0inJiEA4

Nice.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

To tell you the truth, it's kind of up in the air. I don't know what we are. I can't really advance our relationship to that kind of level with the stage I'm at.... and the stage he's at. I also don't want to be some sort of slut, either. I'm not the 'friends with benefits' sort of guy. To be honest, I never saw any of this coming.

OK, nine pages and no dumbass had the sense to ask: 

Top or Bottom?

It's already been established that he at least leans top, but he has alluded that no bumpity occured.

Well... how can I put it that wouldn't alienate the prude police on the forum? Hmm....

DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!

Let's see... Well, in this case, I wasn't the king of the hill, for once.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 02:42:16 PM »

Don't worry, I don't think people can accuse you of attenton whoring when it's in a thread you've created yourself. That's what I would assume, at least Smiley

You'd be surprised. *cough cough* Mr. Moderate *cough cough*

Wink
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 02:52:25 PM »

Thanks for the useful commentary! (Sarcasm)
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 05:03:17 PM »

That's pretty easy for you to say and ignorant to the extreme.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 07:37:13 PM »

No, no. I don't have Aids so the ribbon isn't necessary. Thanks, though. Though it does show how ignorant and assuming you are...
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 10:46:05 PM »

One lesson from the 60s radicals sticks in my mind at certain moments - Youngsters really are so very easy to indoctrinate (in fact, they're the easiest).

What are you trying to say?

It's Sam.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 04:47:09 PM »

Hey, Josh, I say the best thing to do with Ty(is that his name?) is talk to him about what both of you want. If you guys want to try to take your friendship to a higher level(mean become a couple) just make sure if it doesn't work out you guys still say friends. What ever you guys do, just make sure you don't become butt buddies, because that is never good at all.

We've sort of talked already. We've both decided to cool it, (but neither of us said it was a mistake). I guess he's had a crush on me, too. We both like each other, personally and physically.

Trust me, I'm not a slut. This was spontaneous and loving. Not just for the sake of sex.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 05:28:58 PM »

What is wrong with being a "slut?"  Your little comment sounds almost Victorian. Smiley

Tongue

That's pretty easy for you to say and ignorant to the extreme.
What a typical liberal answer of just calling someone ignorant.  The fact remains that if you don't think there is anything wrong with being gay, just come out and say it.  I'm not going to say that it would be easy, but seriously if you feel confident about something go for it.

If it isn't ignorant, then it's definitely an oversimplification. Whatever.  It's hard enough to argue with a brick wall, I can't imagine what it must be like to have to argue with you on a daily basis.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 05:42:55 PM »

Dude, I'm probably a lot more old-fashioned than you. (Look at my PM score).

Ah, what the hell. Let's try argument #3: You're an asshole. Goodbye.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 07:13:39 PM »

I Green heart YOU!!!1111

better?
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 03:46:00 PM »

You guys should come to Scotland! I can be your Scottish friend and we could have a sandwich Smiley

As long as i'm not the meat and afleitch approves.

I'd be the upper crust Cheesy However yes Chris was referring to a ham and cheese sandwich as he knows I wouldn't finish mine and he could pick at the ham!

I shall gladly provide the mayonaisse!

Oh, oh man.... Jeez.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 09:45:23 PM »

Enough with these food-related sexual innuendos!
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 06:19:16 PM »

So, anyways...

We (Ty and I) decided to cool it for a bit. That doesn't mean that we can't have a relationship in the future, it's just that we both need time to asses where we are in life and what our next steps are going to be.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 06:35:16 PM »

So, anyways...

We (Ty and I) decided to cool it for a bit. That doesn't mean that we can't have a relationship in the future, it's just that we both need time to asses where we are in life and what our next steps are going to be.

Freudian slip?

[/opebo]

Lol.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies