Kerry: Saddam deserves special place in Hell
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:09:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Kerry: Saddam deserves special place in Hell
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Kerry: Saddam deserves special place in Hell  (Read 5573 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2004, 05:23:21 PM »

One cannot argue with someone who believes the bible to be the literal word of God.  As someone who does not believe in the bible, it is fruitless to try and argue my point.  

Then why did you chime in?  You and John Dibble constantly express your rejection of religion, yet you are both eager to engage in religious arguments.

---

Kerry, frankly, was just making the point that he's as strongly vigilant against despots like Saddam as anyone, even if his methods would differ drastically from Bush's.

The strongly vigilant take action.

Also, did Kerry not vote to authorize Bush to use force against Saddam?

Jmf,

I think this will help explain

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame85.html
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2004, 05:29:44 PM »

I'm okay with abolishing the death penalty, not because I'm worried about the mass murderers, but because I'm worried about the people who are later proven innocent.

I didn't even know Illinois had the death penalty.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2004, 05:56:58 PM »

We can forgive mass murderers if they stop being mass murderers, and we can forgive gays if they quit the lifestyle.

So, gays are worthy of blame for being who they are?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2004, 05:59:28 PM »

Mass murderers are worthy of blame for being who they are?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2004, 08:02:43 PM »

Mass murderers are worthy of blame for being who they are?

Philip,

We are all worthy of blame for who we are.  That is not the issue.  The issue is just how forgiving God is of our sins and how willing we are to open up ourselves to his grace.
Tory

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2004, 08:04:00 PM »

"Saddam Hussein was a brutal dictator who deserves his own special place in hell..."

It appears that in order to look tough, Kerry (who claims to be a Christian) is assigning people their own special places in Hell.

First, who is Kerry to condemn Saddam before the last chapter of Saddam's life is written?

Second, what is to prove by Saddam ending up in Hell?  Did Christ come to earth to prove God's ability to send people to Hell?  Or did Christ come to earth to prove how gracious and forgiving God was IF people will simply repent and turn to him?

Does Kerry really think his arrogant and hateful rhetoric will gain him votes?

You deserve a special place in hell, so does Kerry, so does Saddam, so does Bush, so does Pope John Paul II, and so do I.

We all deserve to go to hell. That's actually the point. However bad we are, and we are all sinners, Christ still loves and is willing to forgive us.

So....we can't have gay marriage, yet we can forgive mass murderers.....  

wonderful.

Don't do that. It's dishonest. Your comment is like my saying:

"We can forgive gays but mass murder should be legalised"

One thing has nothing to do with the other.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2004, 01:54:18 AM »

We can forgive mass murderers if they stop being mass murderers, and we can forgive gays if they quit the lifestyle.
Comparing gays to mass murderers? That ought to be a winner.
Tory

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2004, 06:17:54 AM »

Comparing gays to mass murderers? That ought to be a winner.

You are such a hack. You know that he was making the point that anyone can be forgiven. You left wing loonies love to twist around people's words don't you?
elcorazon

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2004, 09:01:02 AM »

but god forbid we abolish the death penalty.

Please tell us what the death penality has to do with eternally judging someone.
If you kill someone, you cut off their opportunity to repent.  But what do I know, I'm Jewish.  I'll be atoning tonight.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2004, 10:50:26 AM »

Please tell us what the death penality has to do with eternally judging someone.
If you kill someone, you cut off their opportunity to repent.  But what do I know, I'm Jewish.  I'll be atoning tonight.

Using that logic, a murderer who kills an unrepented sinner cuts off that person's opportunity to repent. Therefore would it not be fair to cut off the murderer's chance to repent? Wink
elcorazon

« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2004, 12:03:45 PM »

Using that logic, a murderer who kills an unrepented sinner cuts off that person's opportunity to repent. Therefore would it not be fair to cut off the murderer's chance to repent? Wink
It might be "fair", but that's not the point.  Life isn't fair, now is it?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2004, 01:37:54 PM »

It might be "fair", but that's not the point.  Life isn't fair, now is it?

And here I thought it was liberals and whatnot who always were whining about 'fairness' and 'equal opportunity'(I don't know if you do or not). And if you're gonna go by a 'life isn't fair' policy, we might as well execute shoplifters - that's not fair either. So, thereby admitting we want the world to be at least somewhat fair, and the death penalty possibly being 'fair' then we can make the world more fair by using the death penalty. Wink
elcorazon

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2004, 01:41:35 PM »

my head is spinning, but I still oppose the death penalty.  I don't think it is the role of our government to kill people, regardless of the circumstances.  It's inhumane to the people who have to actually do the deed.  Not to mention it's a permanent sentence in a flawed system, doesn't provide deterrence, and isn't cost effective.  It also isn't fair, given that those with the best access to legal help are least likely to be sentenced to death, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2004, 04:18:02 PM »

'Hell' is nothing but a fantasy.  Kerry's just mouthing silly platitudes to try to appeal to swing voters or not appear entirely negative on the war.  In fact Saddam was just a dictator, neither worse nor better than dozens of others.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies