Sources: Salazar accepts Secretary of Interior spot.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:50:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sources: Salazar accepts Secretary of Interior spot.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sources: Salazar accepts Secretary of Interior spot.  (Read 2932 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2008, 07:02:34 PM »

I have great faith in the Club for Growth to hold us this seat.

Actually a valid point. Tancredo was thinking about challenging Ritter, maybe he'll challenge the open Senate seat and guarantee Democrats the seat instead?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2008, 08:27:44 PM »

The Colorado Democratic Party is possibly one of the strongest organizations in the country right now, although it may have just peaked 2006-2008.  It's truly the envy of the rest of the country that's not Rhode Island or Vermont.

What about the Virginia Democratic Party?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2008, 08:31:33 PM »

Virginia's Democratic growth is more due to demographic changes than becoming a monster of dominance.  Webb just squeaked by and you've been electing Democrats statewide plenty.  I don't know if the state party successfully rebranded itself or not.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2008, 12:58:37 PM »

Virginia's Democratic growth is more due to demographic changes than becoming a monster of dominance.  Webb just squeaked by and you've been electing Democrats statewide plenty.  I don't know if the state party successfully rebranded itself or not.

Yes, from what I read it sounds as if the Obama campaign in Virginia is the real superstar, and it's unclear how that will carry over into the future. The Colorado Democratic Party seems to function very well regardless of which candidates it is running.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2008, 07:28:02 PM »

Virginia is very much a swing state now, but I have little faith in the state Democratic party to deliver a win in 2009. They spent like mad trying to win Republican House of Delegate seats in SWVA and struck out. I don't see them picking up 6 seats to take control of the House, nor do I see them winning more than maybe one statewide race.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2008, 07:43:46 PM »

Well with this development I am sure that the GOP won't be stupid enough to hand the nomination to Tancredo and the seat to ___________________ Dem. But they have utterly surprised me with there stupidity to date and that could continue. They do now have incentive to actually find a real candidate and they would be stupid to pass this opportunity up.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies