Obama picks Rick Warren for inaugural invocation, gay leaders furious (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:59:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama picks Rick Warren for inaugural invocation, gay leaders furious (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama picks Rick Warren for inaugural invocation, gay leaders furious  (Read 16083 times)
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 18, 2008, 07:18:56 PM »

This is a non-issue to me.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 05:22:40 PM »

Sorry, I'm not a puppet of the "Gay Rights Movement". I refuse to feign outrage about this useless issue.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 10:39:32 PM »

Sorry, I'm not a puppet of the "Gay Rights Movement". I refuse to feign outrage about this useless issue.

How cute.

(he is a gay who is pro gay marriage)

What irritated me was someone who is gay putting the words Gay Rights Movement in quotation marks, as if it's a joke, its useless, or something along those lines. It's insulting and just self-contradictory. I have no respect for gay people who have no willingness to fight for what is rightfully ours.

First off, to clarify, I'm Bisexual, not gay. I am, of course, very supportive of gay marriage and the right to have it.

The reason I put the 'Gay Rights Movement' in quotes is because how bad it is at advocating actual gay rights. I mean, rather then putting political capital and resources into affecting actual policy and lobbying for change favorable to the LGBT community, some of its leaders have decided to waste efforts on this totally useless and non-beneficial issue (which is why I mentioned it, HAARP. I am a supporter of gay rights and I'm sickened to see it go down this path.)

Also, I am somewhat taken aback by the ignorance of this statement:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh, I'm willing to fight. However, I won't fight a fight without any substantive benefit at the end of it. This Rick Warren debacle is a lose-lose.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies