Obama picks Rick Warren for inaugural invocation, gay leaders furious (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:04:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama picks Rick Warren for inaugural invocation, gay leaders furious (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama picks Rick Warren for inaugural invocation, gay leaders furious  (Read 16078 times)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« on: December 18, 2008, 02:39:48 AM »

should have gone with reverend wright imho

He voted for McKinney.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 12:05:02 AM »

As an Evangelical Obama Supporter in the 2008 Election, I am delighted by this pick.  The pick of Rick Warren himself doesn't have much long-term impact, but it goes along with his theme of largely centrist or center-right Cabinet appointments.  Name me one far, far left person in his Cabinet?  If there are any, they're not in the most important offices.  He even has at least three Republicans in his Cabinet with Bob Gates, Jim Jones, and the guy he just named (can't remember name or post).  The most liberal member of his Cabinet thus far is probably Bill Richardson and I consider him to be more a center-left politician rather than a far-left politician.  New Mexico has just as many Republicans as it does Democrats which is why its been close one way or the other the past three cycles.

Ray LaHood
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies