Edwards creeping closer in NY and CA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:49:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  Edwards creeping closer in NY and CA
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Edwards creeping closer in NY and CA  (Read 7401 times)
emergingDmajority1
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 24, 2004, 01:25:28 AM »

http://www.surveyusa.com/currentelectionpolls.html

Kerry- 58
Edwards- 22

(was 66-14 in marist)

LA Times

Kerry- 56
Edwards- 24

(Was a 45 point lead recently)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 08:03:49 AM »

We're movin' on up!

All Edwards needs is some mroe time, and he has a week.  If people hear him talk, they become attached to him.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 08:10:42 AM »

I not sure if we need Edwards to win but if he can do well on Tuesday (wins in Ohio, Minnesota, Maryland and Georgia with strong seconds in New York and California) then this contest will go on and be good for the party but after southern Tuesday I think it will be good for the party for the contest to end quickly having said that Edwards needs to prevent Kerry from slipping in to the malaise that he did while his was the frontrunner in 2003 and did for a while before Wisconsin  ... then he can go on to Southern Tuesday and do well however I think his main task should be to just get on the ticket... I stick by my vote for him in the primary but I’m pretty much sold on the idea of a Kerry/ Edwards ticket…. Or if it comes to it a Edwards/ Richardson ticket (to me Edwards/ Richardson seems very like a Democratic version of Bush/ Cheney and not in a bad way mind you…)…  
DarthKosh

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 09:52:26 AM »

I not sure if we need Edwards to win but if he can do well on Tuesday (wins in Ohio, Minnesota, Maryland and Georgia with strong seconds in New York and California) then this contest will go on and be good for the party but after southern Tuesday I think it will be good for the party for the contest to end quickly having said that Edwards needs to prevent Kerry from slipping in to the malaise that he did while his was the frontrunner in 2003 and did for a while before Wisconsin  ... then he can go on to Southern Tuesday and do well however I think his main task should be to just get on the ticket... I stick by my vote for him in the primary but I’m pretty much sold on the idea of a Kerry/ Edwards ticket…. Or if it comes to it a Edwards/ Richardson ticket (to me Edwards/ Richardson seems very like a Democratic version of Bush/ Cheney and not in a bad way mind you…)…  

All Edwards has to do is win a few states and be close in a few more.  It will be a victory if he can do that.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 02:58:20 PM »

I have no idea why Edwards ignored today's primaries?!  Let's say he goes to ID,HI, and UT and Kerry doesn't.  Edwards wins all 3, it makes big headlines, and he goes on to win 6/7 out of 10 on Super Tuesday.  I think he'd run the table after that.  

But I think Edwards always gets that bounce.  NY and CA will be VERY close, mark my words.  
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 03:01:29 PM »

Costs a bunch of money to barnstorm at all -- and in states with barely any electoral votes, it's not worth it to spend that much money, when the states are more likely to go for Kerry anyway.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 07:17:17 PM »

Why?
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 02:32:20 PM »

I have no idea why Edwards ignored today's primaries?!  Let's say he goes to ID,HI, and UT and Kerry doesn't.  Edwards wins all 3, it makes big headlines, and he goes on to win 6/7 out of 10 on Super Tuesday.  I think he'd run the table after that. 

But I think Edwards always gets that bounce.  NY and CA will be VERY close, mark my words. 

We marked them:

CA Results:
Kerry: 64.44%
Edwards: 19.77%

NY Results:
Kerry: 61.17%
Edwards: 20.12%
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies