is this NOT bumper sticker too Fourth Reich?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:33:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  is this NOT bumper sticker too Fourth Reich?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: see below post
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: is this NOT bumper sticker too Fourth Reich?  (Read 21644 times)
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 01:43:58 AM »

Remember when people flipped out when I said that this guy would be idolized like Che? I didn't say he would actually be like Che the man but people didn't want to hear my explanation.

For whatever odd reason, there's not much outrage when his worship is seen as Nazi-esque. Interesting.

Yeah, as if you people never  were part of a cult of personality.

I don't think it's ever reached the point that it's gotten to with Obama.

Garbage. Ronald Reagan is the most undeservedly lionized figure in Western culture this side of Christ. When a group of devotees make a concerted effort to put Obama's face on Mount Rushmore, get back to me.

You don't think that there will be an effort to get Obama on currency, have streets/buildings named after him, etc. just because he's the first black President? Get a clue, dude.

Just as they made an attempt to knock Hamilton off the ten and replace him with Reagan, no? Stop being a duplicitous jackass and admit that the Right has been just as guilty of such messianic celebritarianism.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 01:48:31 AM »

It looks very late 19th/early 20th century to me. Maybe 1880s-1920sish. Not quite Hitler-era...

but I'd be lying if I said was familiar with Nazi propaganda.

Do you have any pictures of similar-looking Nazi posters?
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008, 01:51:01 AM »

Except Jindal will never be President. Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2008, 02:04:08 AM »

Remember when people flipped out when I said that this guy would be idolized like Che? I didn't say he would actually be like Che the man but people didn't want to hear my explanation.

For whatever odd reason, there's not much outrage when his worship is seen as Nazi-esque. Interesting.

Garbage. Ronald Reagan is the most undeservedly lionized figure in Western culture this side of Christ. When a group of devotees make a concerted effort to put Obama's face on Mount Rushmore, get back to me.

You don't think that there will be an effort to get Obama on currency, have streets/buildings named after him, etc. just because he's the first black President? Get a clue, dude.

Just as they made an attempt to knock Hamilton off the ten and replace him with Reagan, no? Stop being a duplicitous jackass and admit that the Right has been just as guilty of such messianic celebritarianism.

I'm not denying that it was tried but don't tell me that there won't be a more serious effort for Obama.

Again, you're being the jackass and refusing the acknowledge that JFK has tons of things named after him. Reagan doesn't even compare. So, no, we're not as bad as it is with the Kennedy's and I'm sure it will be worse with Obama.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2008, 02:10:21 AM »

I'm not denying that it was tried but don't tell me that there won't be a more serious effort for Obama.

Absolutely I will tell you that you're wrong. No Obama supporter is even considering it, whereas the Right knew they had to establish a messiah-figure to compete with FDR's memory in the 80's. Ronald Reagan's legacy was a wholly artificial construct.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Actually, Reagan has approximately ~6,000 objects and locations named after him, versus ~8,500 for JFK. Reagan's not doing bad for someone who never really was President.

(Incidentally, I see that typical Nixonian jealousy of Kennedy is alive and well on the Right.)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2008, 02:13:09 AM »

Absolutely I will tell you that you're wrong. No Obama supporter is even considering it, whereas the Right knew they had to establish a messiah-figure to compete with FDR's memory in the 80's. Ronald Reagan's legacy was a wholly artificial construct.

LOL

You can assure me that not a single Obama supporter is even considering it? Really?

I suppose you didn't hear about the school being named after Obama already. Yes, already. Before he even took office.

Roll Eyes

Jealousy? Ha! I have no desire to be like the Kennedy family.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2008, 02:18:08 AM »

I suppose you didn't hear about the school being named after Obama already. Yes, already. Before he even took office.

So what? Am I supposed to be outraged, as a White American™, that the historically African-American neighborhood on the Delmar Loop in St. Louis wants to change its name in his honor? No, I'm not enough of an envious c*cksucker to feel thus. It's been a long time coming; let them have it. But sorry, I'm not going to feed into the faux-populism you people need to win elections. 

Sure you do. As a conservative, you desire to be loaded; as a conservative, you desire to use the Kennedy's wealth to whip up people into a populistic backlash against them. That's the way right-wing politics works.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2008, 02:29:10 AM »

So what? Am I supposed to be outraged, as a White American™, that the historically African-American neighborhood on the Delmar Loop in St. Louis wants to change its name in his honor? No, I'm not enough of an envious c*cksucker to feel thus. It's been a long time coming; let them have it. But sorry, I'm not going to feed into the faux-populism you people need to win elections. 

Sure you do. As a conservative, you desire to be loaded; as a conservative, you desire to use the Kennedy's wealth to whip up people into a populistic backlash against them. That's the way right-wing politics works.

Wow. Just...wow. We've got a real winner with this one.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2008, 07:38:26 AM »

It looks very late 19th/early 20th century to me. Maybe 1880s-1920sish. Not quite Hitler-era...

but I'd be lying if I said was familiar with Nazi propaganda.

Do you have any pictures of similar-looking Nazi posters?
Obviously not as there aren't any - it's quite hard to get more unlike Nazi propagandaand still be propaganda, really. Just do a google search of "Nazi posters" or whatever.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2008, 05:06:06 PM »

http://brianakira.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/stalin-poster-08.jpg

not quite Fourth Reich, but in the same vein I'm going for here
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2008, 07:09:53 PM »

Barack Obama's election victory was surely a Triumph of the Will! (pun intended, obviously)
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2008, 08:05:29 PM »

Again, you're being the jackass and refusing the acknowledge that JFK has tons of things named after him. Reagan doesn't even compare. So, no, we're not as bad as it is with the Kennedy's and I'm sure it will be worse with Obama.

Well, Obama is the first black president, so he can be considered a symbol of sorts, the same thing would have happened if the first woman president were elected. So his "Hype" might be more justified considering the context.

And JFK has been out of office for the past 45 years, Reagan was president 20 years ago and he died just 4 years ago, give it time and i'm sure that Reagan will have as many things named after him as Kennedy
LanceMcSteel

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2008, 01:37:35 AM »

Phil youve been hilariously wrong every time on every issue, so I wouldnt trust your opinion on anything.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2008, 11:36:21 AM »

No. It's funny how a guy standing in front of a big crowd= nazism these days. Well, actually it's not really funny, just lame.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2008, 11:40:31 AM »

Phil youve been hilariously wrong every time on every issue, so I wouldnt trust your opinion on anything.

kthnx.
wildfood
Rookie
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2008, 06:48:31 AM »

Fourth Reich?

Nah.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2008, 09:13:29 AM »

I got the same sticker in the mail from their campaign. Its on my door in my room cause I have no other place to put it. Its kinda neat. I also got a postcard from the campaign too.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2008, 04:47:59 PM »

That looks very different. The only thing they got in common is a guy and a crowd.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2008, 07:52:15 PM »

Isn't there a already a movement to create "Obama Day?" There will never be a Reagan Day, a JFK Day, or a FDR Day for that matter. It is undeniable Reagan is worshipped by conservatives, as the Kennedys (The old ones, not Caroline) are worshipped by the left. But Obama will be a god if he is sucessful, and will be undoubtfully surpass Reagan and JFK in Fandom, and actually, already has.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2008, 07:59:09 PM »

Isn't there a already a movement to create "Obama Day?" There will never be a Reagan Day, a JFK Day, or a FDR Day for that matter. It is undeniable Reagan is worshipped by conservatives, as the Kennedys (The old ones, not Caroline) are worshipped by the left. But Obama will be a god if he is sucessful, and will be undoubtfully surpass Reagan and JFK in Fandom, and actually, already has.

Ahem...

http://gov.ca.gov/proclamation/8656/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_Day
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2008, 09:31:17 PM »

Ahem...

http://gov.ca.gov/proclamation/8656/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_Day

Oh. I stand corrected. Well at least they did it after his presidency.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies