Commentary Thread: Atlasia v. Ben
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:58:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Commentary Thread: Atlasia v. Ben
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Commentary Thread: Atlasia v. Ben  (Read 2209 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 21, 2008, 03:00:54 PM »

Well, things have started off well.  Xahar lost his first battle with jury selection. 

I am not rooting for Ben to be found not guilty, its just absurd that Xahar would be the one prosecuting him
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 03:05:16 PM »

That wasn't a battle. That was a judge looking into the lawbooks and precedent, and following the obvious course of action. And it's not as if Xahar had gone all OMG IT MUST BE IN THE MIDEAST OMG before either.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 03:27:15 PM »

That wasn't a battle. That was a judge looking into the lawbooks and precedent, and following the obvious course of action. And it's not as if Xahar had gone all OMG IT MUST BE IN THE MIDEAST OMG before either.
No, no Xahar did do the second part
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 03:58:39 PM »

I urge that both The Populist and Cookies and Milk are placed on the jury.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 04:00:53 PM »

LOL
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 04:32:09 PM »

You have got quite some chutzpah to try and take high moral ground on the issue of registering 2 accounts.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 04:38:25 PM »

You have got quite some chutzpah to try and take high moral ground on the issue of registering 2 accounts.
Long time ago my friend, and at least I had the chutzpah to admit it unless certain cowards on this forum
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 08:08:47 PM »

Long time ago my friend, and at least I had the chutzpah to admit it unless certain cowards on this forum

Again, I'm not Xahar but you don't a sure proof for Cookies and Milk. Ask Brandon, a match doesn't equal the same person. You need many matches.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 08:15:59 PM »

Again, I'm not Xahar but you don't a sure proof for Cookies and Milk. Ask Brandon, a match doesn't equal the same person. You need many matches.
That makes no sense, if you have a match its a match.  IP addresses are unique, that's like saying that even though I have the same address as someone they don't live in my house
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 08:23:38 PM »

That makes no sense, if you have a match its a match.  IP addresses are unique, that's like saying that even though I have the same address as someone they don't live in my house

Actually on another forum my IP randomly switched to another's who was banned from the site. It took some convincing of the administrators before i could be let back in. Such things do happen.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 08:28:06 PM »

Yes, that makes a difference. If you have only a match, Xahar version is possible. If you have many matches, your ''friend'' is living on your house or make all his internet at your home. With only one match, Xahar version is possible. With many matches, no. Since all works ''beyond any reasonable doubts'', there is nothing to do, since we could be wrong.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 08:29:05 PM »

Actually on another forum my IP randomly switched to another's who was banned from the site. It took some convincing of the administrators before i could be let back in. Such things do happen.

It is because you have a dynamic IP.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 08:42:42 PM »

BTW, I have about six friends who just moved into my house tonight, so they are going to sign up. KTHNX
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 01:32:32 AM »

It is because you have a dynamic IP.

Thats a problem I run into with Aol. Wikipedia won't let me register b/c of it.
Anyway I found the list of possible jurors amazing. Why don't we jsut appoint C&M, the Populist, Bob Dole, KotBP, and myself. We would have one hell of a jury. Two sock puppets, a dead guy, One MIA, anotther a complete rookie without the slightest idea how this place runs(myself of course).
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 01:50:24 AM »

no commentary necessary.

All that matters to me is whether or not the prosecution can be legally and legitimately replaced with someone with no conflict of interest.

If not, then by all means we should not be hampering Xahar's every move by throwing popcorn at our laptops.

Let's wait and see.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 02:12:18 AM »

no commentary necessary.

All that matters to me is whether or not the prosecution can be legally and legitimately replaced with someone with no conflict of interest.

If not, then by all means we should not be hampering Xahar's every move by throwing popcorn at our laptops.

Let's wait and see.

Do you know many persons who don't have an opinion on Ben?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 01:48:13 AM »

In light of Justice Spade's ruling, I hope a new AG is appointed ASAP.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 01:54:29 AM »

no commentary necessary.

Let's wait and see.

Do you know many persons who don't have an opinion on Ben?

While there are few people that have no opinion on him, due to his prolific posting rates, (I actually may be the best example of such a person, but I'm not volunteering myself), there are plenty of people who have objectively formed opinions on him that do not hinder their capability to prosecute or defend him.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 02:01:20 AM »

This is strange. I never though I'd ever want to "live" in the south. Or serve on a jury. But I'm upset now that I'm not doing the former and can't do the latter. Sad
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies