Happy Chanukah! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:12:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Happy Chanukah! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Happy Chanukah!  (Read 15397 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: December 22, 2008, 12:38:37 AM »

Chanukah is almost as commericalized as Christmas.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 02:59:03 PM »

But presuming a conservative Evangelical view of the fetus, no.  They do not go to hell.  There is an historically Christian idea that each human is accountable for his acceptance or rejection of Jesus Christ at a particular age.  LOL -- in the church I was raised in, it was 12.  You could be "born again" or "saved" before 12.  But if you weren't "born again" or "saved" by the age of 12...only then were you at what they called "the age of accountability".  I never much cared for the idea...but the question is a fair one.  I think my position where question one is concerned is instructive.  It's not the age, it's the understanding that matters.  And a fetus cannot understand.  And therefore...if a fetus is a human soul...it absolutely goes to Heaven

In that case, does original sin only take effect at the age of 12? I'm not sure I can square this idea with the concept of original sin.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies