A letter to Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:54:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A letter to Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A letter to Atlasia  (Read 498 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 22, 2008, 08:06:35 PM »

Dear Atlasia,

Now, you are all familiar with the events of today. Now that the dust has had some time to settle, I would like to give my account.

I first received Ben's password about a month ago. The purposes I used it for have never been malicious. I have rarely if ever used his account on this forum; however, I have used it elsewhere for comedic purposes (namely, reading the RPP private forum). When his display name and avatar mysteriously changed, the culprit was NDN/Mint and not me.

On Saturday, I noticed something strange on the RPP board. It was Sam Spade, whose account had not been used since the middle of 2007, and he was performing administrative functions. The next day, yesterday, a triumphant thread appeared by downwithdaleft announcing my impending demise. Details were left out due to security concerns, but I gathered that Sam Spade was to announce some sort of proof. I had only just learned that the forum tracked IPs of browsing users as well as posting users. The pieces all fit together.

Desirous to confirm this, I contacted SPC. When he suspected my identity, I decided that it didn't matter and sent him a few weird PMs. I then went to supervise my brother as he went to bed, and did not return until morning, by which time the story had already broken.

To all those whose trust I betrayed, I apologize. I have already apologized to Ben privately, but I wish to do it again publicly.

I maintain that my aims were not malicious. All I wanted was to get a good laugh or two. Laughter, after all, is the best medicine, and I have been feeling under the weather frequently as of late. I would recommend the RPP boards to all, and to promote the general welfare and achieve Atlasian strength through joy, I suggest that the RPP make its boards public, so that we can all partake in the same fun that you do.

I would also like to point out the double standard involved here. Both the moderators and the Atlasian courts have long ignored the continual violation of the account of a different source of comedy.

With that, I end this letter, and I bid you Good and Good Luck!

Sincerely,
Xahar
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies