President Forever results thread...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:25:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 130
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 879315 times)
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: April 02, 2008, 04:48:37 AM »

Dodd: 433 - 65,734,623 [56%]
Huckabee: 105 - 51,625,800 [44%]

I won the Hucksters homestate and Tejas....I feel pretty good about myself Tongue
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1051 on: April 03, 2008, 07:36:52 PM »

Obama/Biden: 55.9% PV, 456 EV
McCain/Sanford: 44.1% PV, 82 EV
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1052 on: April 05, 2008, 01:02:00 AM »

Obama/Biden: 55.9% PV, 456 EV
McCain/Sanford: 44.1% PV, 82 EV

McCain seems to carry Maine a lot, for some reason. Don't get WV or NV. And how did you not carry OK or the Dakotas?

edit: Alaska?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #1053 on: April 05, 2008, 04:05:52 AM »

Any Republican candidate in President Forever + Primaries wins the state of Maine A LOT. Hell even Tim Pawlenty won Maine, now that would never happen in RL. And if Pawlenty was somehow nominated for the Presidency of the United States in the near future and won Maine, I would be very, very scared.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1054 on: April 05, 2008, 05:02:16 AM »

That's funny, I always win ME.

I think I've lost it as the Dem... maybe twice - and both of those were landslides.

As a Dem I usually win it with 52-56%.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1055 on: April 05, 2008, 02:16:47 PM »

Bush/Voinovich: 37.9% PV, 269 EV
Wilder/Gore: 38% PV, 258 EV
Perot/Stockdale: 24% PV, 11 EV
I lost New Hampshire by 222 votes, won the PV by 91,095 votes, and lost in the House.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1056 on: April 05, 2008, 05:43:35 PM »

Moments ago I ran as Mayor Michael Bloomberg against Senators Barack Obama and John McCain. However this time, I did not begin to play from 2 weeks out from Election Day. I actually started at the beginning. I carefully selected the states in my strategy and ran commercials often my views on the major issues of the campaign (Personal Tax, Health Care, War on Terror) and it worked. Thanks to my strategy this is how the Electoral Map looked on Election Day:

Obama/Biden (D): 204 EV, 43.5% of the PV
McCain/Sanford (R): 181 EV, 40.3% of the PV
Bloomberg/Zinni (I): 0 EV, 4.1% of the PV
Undecided: 153 EV, 12.0% of the PV

As the Election Day map suggested, the 2008 Presidential Election was going to be close. And it was, very, very close. The Election came down to Missouri and it's 11 Electoral Votes. McCain led until Obama pulled away when 75% of the vote was counted. Obama ended up winning Missouri and thus the Presidency of the United States by 5,024 votes.

Many other states were quite close in this Election too. Most notably Ohio and West Virginia. Ohio ended up giving it's 20 Electoral Votes to McCain by 11,000 votes, whilst West Virginia gave it's 5 Electoral Votes to Obama by 5,000 votes.

Barack Obama/Joe Biden (D): 273 EV, 45.8% of the PV (46,744,934)
John McCain/Mark Sanford (R): 265 EV, 43.2% of the PV (44,090,351)
Michael Bloomberg/Anthony Zinni (I): 0 EV, 10.9% of the PV (11,131,865)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1057 on: April 05, 2008, 07:12:17 PM »

Texas?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1058 on: April 05, 2008, 07:18:31 PM »

>80%? Very weird. So is California, at >70%.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1059 on: April 06, 2008, 01:56:40 AM »

I think the person that designed the scenario ed up the percentages in Texas and California. On numerous occassions when I have either been playing as a Republican or a Democrat, I have always scored massive wins in either state.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1060 on: April 06, 2008, 01:58:22 AM »

I think the person that designed the scenario ed up the percentages in Texas and California. On numerous occassions when I have either been playing as a Republican or a Democrat, I have always scored massive wins in either state.

Go and fix them, then.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1061 on: April 06, 2008, 09:55:49 AM »

OK, I ran as my NY based billionaire independent.

I focused on a few states ME, IL, NY, CT, MO, MT, CA, OR, TX and SD

I really made things messy.

Obama/Easley - 255 EV - 35.5%

McCain/Huckabee - 247 EV - 35.9%

Polnut/Hagel - 36 EV - 28.6%

Obama is elected by the house.

States of interest

IL - I 40 D 38 R 22 - yes I took IL from Obama.
ME - I 36 R 32 D 32
MO - I 34 R 34 D 32
NY - D 38 R 33 I 29
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1062 on: April 12, 2008, 12:33:05 AM »

A few days ago, I played as Senator Jordan Lyman in the 1956 Manchurian Candidate scenario for the orginial President Forever. And this was one of the closest Elections, since I began playing President Forever.

Jordan Lyman/William Richards (D): 267 EV, 47% of the PV (37,320,826)
John Iselin/Adam Smith (R): 264 EV, 47% of the PV (37,210,168)
James M. Scott/Bennet Marco (I): 0 EV, 4% of the PV (3,702,975)

I won the White House and saved America from a Communist take over! I honestly thought I wouldn't win as Lyman as things were not going my way, but thankfully the Election came down to Washington, where a day prior to the Election I was leading Iselin 57-41 in the polls.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1063 on: April 12, 2008, 10:28:14 AM »

Humphrey/Muskie: 44% PV, 282 EV
Nixon/Agnew: 35% PV, 103 EV
Wallace/LeMay: 20% PV, 153 EV
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1064 on: April 12, 2008, 12:07:38 PM »

Those are some weird results. Who as?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1065 on: April 12, 2008, 02:17:09 PM »

I was HHH.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1066 on: April 12, 2008, 04:19:01 PM »

I was HHH.

What was your strategy?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1067 on: April 12, 2008, 04:52:43 PM »

Run a massive number of ads with 5 days before the end of the campaign, in every state where the lead is under 10% either way.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1068 on: April 12, 2008, 04:58:09 PM »

Run a massive number of ads with 5 days before the end of the campaign, in every state where the lead is under 10% either way.

That map's...strange.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1069 on: April 12, 2008, 05:00:13 PM »

That map's...strange.

It is an odd map; especially the Wallace numbers.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1070 on: April 12, 2008, 05:10:18 PM »

That map's...strange.

Once again that is one strange map. What did the Electoral Map look like on Election Day? Were there many tossups?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1071 on: April 12, 2008, 05:25:37 PM »

That map's...strange.

Once again that is one strange map. What did the Electoral Map look like on Election Day? Were there many tossups?

A fair number of states were tossups, but my momentum was in the 800's, so I figured most of them would go for me.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1072 on: April 12, 2008, 05:40:06 PM »

That map's...strange.

A fair number of states were tossups, but my momentum was in the 800's, so I figured most of them would go for me.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

800s?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1073 on: April 12, 2008, 06:03:55 PM »

That map's...strange.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

800s?

Yup Wink
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1074 on: April 12, 2008, 06:09:15 PM »

That map's...strange.

800s?

Yup Wink

How so much?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies