President Forever results thread...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:42:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 ... 130
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 886315 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2850 on: October 25, 2015, 11:33:08 AM »

Was playing as Clinton - Went on hard mode. Ugh.

How do you get elections so far back? It seems like I can only play 2016, 2012, 2008, 1968, and 1912.
http://campaigns.270soft.com/
User Made Campaigns - There is everything from 1788 - 1956, A Couple What-If's for 2008, 2012, and 2016. And a 2020 and 2024 scenarios.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2851 on: October 25, 2015, 11:40:03 AM »

Was playing as Clinton - Went on hard mode. Ugh.

How do you get elections so far back? It seems like I can only play 2016, 2012, 2008, 1968, and 1912.
http://campaigns.270soft.com/
User Made Campaigns - There is everything from 1788 - 1956, A Couple What-If's for 2008, 2012, and 2016. And a 2020 and 2024 scenarios.

OMG THANK YOU

This basically multiplies the uses of the game by at least ten.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2852 on: October 25, 2015, 06:27:38 PM »

President Infinity 2016 - Darthebearnc's First Game

Democratic Primary Results:

Since Biden didn't endorse, his delegates were split pretty evenly between Clinton and Sanders, providing no overwhelming advantage for either. Though Webb endorsed Clinton, he had hardly any delegates to begin with, so his support didn't prove to be that helpful overall. However, O'Malley's late endorsement of Sanders certainly helped the Senator, most likely giving him just enough delegates to win the nomination (Clinton likely would have won if she had O'Malley's support).

The final delegate count for the Democratic Party was 2887 delegates for Sanders to 2633 delegates for Clinton, with the former passing the 2761 delegate threshold needed to gain a majority.

Bernie Sanders (I-VT) - 2887 Delegates; 39.2% Popular Vote
Hillary Clinton (D-NY) - 2633 Delegates; 40.8% Popular Vote
Joe Biden (D-DE) - 0 Delegates; 8.9% Popular Vote
Martin O'Malley (D-MD) - 0 Delegates; 8.3% Popular Vote
Jim Webb (D-VA) - 0 Delegates; 2.8% Popular Vote

Republican Primary Results:

As endorsements were mostly scattered and highly irrelevant in the GOP (some candidates did not endorse), they did little to help or detract from Bush's candidacy or overall delegate count. However, quite a substantial number of delegates did shift in support of Jindal (the most recent runner-up) during the last weeks of the race, giving him the second highest total number of delegates. Overall, all but four of the candidates (Walker, Santorum, Christie, Carson) still had delegates by the convention, with delegates formerly pledged to said candidates likely switching their support to either Bush, Jindal, or another remaining candidate. I find it interesting that some candidates lost some of their delegates after dropping out but were able to keep others (for example, while Perry lost his Texas delegates after dropping out, he still had delegates in South Carolina).

Jeb Bush (R-FL) - 1439 Delegates; 24.2% Popular Vote
Bobby Jindal (R-LA) - 359 Delegates; 10.8% Popular Vote
John Kasich (R-OH) - 181 Delegates; 8.6% Popular Vote
Carly Fiorina (R-CA) - 118 Delegates; 7.6% Popular Vote
Donald Trump (R-NY) - 91 Delegates; 4.3% Popular Vote
Ted Cruz (R-TX) - 56 Delegates; 5.3% Popular Vote
Rick Perry (R-TX) - 50 Delegates; 3.1% Popular Vote
Mike Huckabee (R-AR) - 49 Delegates; 7.5% Popular Vote
Rand Paul (R-KY) - 45 Delegates; 2.8% Popular Vote
Lindsey Graham (R-SC) - 42 Delegates; 2.6% Popular Vote
Marco Rubio (R-FL) - 40 Delegates; 6.1% Popular Vote
Ben Carson (R-MD) - 0 Delegates; 5.0% Popular Vote
Chris Christie (R-NJ) - 0 Delegates; 4.7% Popular Vote
Rick Santorum (R-PA) - 0 Delegates; 4.6% Popular Vote
Scott Walker (R-WI) - 0 Delegates; 2.8% Popular Vote

Candidates labeled in gray failed to win the popular vote in more than one state during the primaries. The six states colored in gray on the map were won by Bobby Jindal (Delaware), Mike Huckabee (Virginia), Rand Paul (Kentucky), Lindsey Graham (Massachusetts), Marco Rubio (Kansas), and Chris Christie (Alabama).

Conclusion:

After the DC primaries, both Bush and Sanders were able to secure their party nominations with ease, and chose Susana Martinez and Elizabeth Warren as their respective running mates. Nothing really happened during the few weeks leading up to the conventions, as the general election had not yet started and neither candidate really needed to campaign.

Overall, I'm pretty happy that Bush and Sanders won their respective primaries, but don't really know what to do in the GE because I control both of the candidates. I'll probably just let Sanders crush Bush for fun and see how many states he can win. Tongue

Best $20 I've ever spent.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2853 on: October 25, 2015, 07:54:41 PM »

I forgot how amazing President Forever is when your first play it-I've been playing it for so long that I expect O'Malley to win Iowa, and Jindal to win New Hampshire.

Darthebernc the best advice for PF is to fundraise like hell, and focus on the later states more so than Iowa and NH-to boast I've never lost either but I've often lost from spending too much time/Money on them.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2854 on: October 25, 2015, 09:28:28 PM »

President Infinity 2016 - Darthebearnc's First Game

General Election Results:

✓ Bernie Sanders (D-VT)/Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) - 320 Electoral Votes; 49.1% Popular Votes
Jeb Bush (R-FL)/Susana Martinez (R-NM) - 218 Electoral Votes; 50.9% Popular Votes

_______

Overall, while Bernie Sanders did manage a sizeable win, I'm pretty disappointed with the result. As I was in control of both candidates, I planned to have a 100% Bernslide come into effect, but regardless of what I did, it just didn't seem to work.

When the General Election phase began, the GOP had a major advantage in the Electoral College, set to win almost 400 EVs and to have a ten-point popular vote margin over the Democrats. During the first round, I attempted to completely annihilate the Bush campaign, changing every issue in his platform to the far left and causing him to lose Energy Points by barnstorming incessantly in Utah only. However, this for some reason did not work, as the platform change hardly affected Bush and he didn't seem to make any gaffes, even as a low-energy candidate (Tongue). Furthermore, Bush won two of the three presidential debates with no debate preparation, and maintained an insufferable lead in the national popular vote throughout the campaign.

However, by heavy use of campaigning, advertisements, and surrogates, Sanders was eventually able to gain some ground. The ten major swing states in the race seemed to be OR, NM, MN, WI, MO, IN, OH, NC, FL, and (surprisingly) even VT. Meanwhile, NV, CO, IA, VA, and NH were solid Bush through and through, which is surprising considering the tossup status of a few previous Romney states.

On election night, I managed to win nine of the ten swing states, only losing MN by less than a one-point margin. However, Bush and Martinez did somehow capture the popular vote, which was for some reason impenetrably pro-GOP throughout the campaign. Hilariously enough, the best state for the GOP was Nevada, which went for Bush with >80%. Meanwhile, for some reason, every single state won by the Democrats did so with >50% (DC went with >90%). Quite a few Sanders states were in the 58%-59% area, though, so I'm sad that they didn't get the bump to >60%.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed, as there is virtually no way Bush could have maintained a majority of the popular vote or even one single Electoral Vote after changing his entire platform to that of the far left and not spending a single day campaigning outside of Utah. However, Sanders was able to go from only around 100 EVs in August to >300 by the end of the campaign cycle, so at least there's that.

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2855 on: October 25, 2015, 10:17:44 PM »

Once popularity is fixed, this game will be so much more fun. BTW nice job dar, I really like the primary maps and everything. The AAR style is so cool.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2856 on: October 27, 2015, 06:58:14 PM »

2012 - The Romney Disaster

Republican Nomination:

- Mitt Romney
- Rick Santorum
- Newt Gingrich
- Ron Paul
- Rick Perry
- Michelle Bachmann
- Jon Huntsman

Democratic Nomination:

- Barack Obama

I played Romney. The simulation included all major candidates from both parties still in the running by December 5, 2011 (seven Republicans and one Democrat). While President Obama (obviously) won the Democratic nomination without any sort of struggle, the Republican nomination was much more contested, with initial polling indicating 28.8% of support for Gingrich, 21.2% for Romney, 12.5% for Perry, 8.6% for Paul, 4.3% for Bachmann, 2.6% for Santorum, and 1.8% for Huntsman. Gingrich was also safely in the lead in all but ten of the fifty states, with Romney taking New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Utah, and Nevada, Gingrich-Romney tossups in New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, and Rhode Island, and Perry leading in Texas.

While prospects were initially bleak for Romney, this quickly changed, as effective ad buys and heavy campaigning overall helped Mitt gain momentum quickly and propelled him to easy victories in the early states of IA, NH, SC, FL, and NV. Mittmentum proved to be a lasting influence, as Romney continued to clinch victories without much of a struggle and, though Gingrich was able to experience a short revival mid-campaign due to the abrupt early dropouts and Gingrich endorsements of Santorum, Bachmann, and Huntsman (none of whom ever gained momentum), Mitt was able to maintain his lead in the polls.

Surprisingly, Perry dropped out shortly before Texas (a state he was poised to win), though his endorsement of Gingrich did little to help the latter overall. Determined to make sure all of the other candidates did not endorse Gingrich, Romney struck a late endorsement deal with Paul, which actually helped him substantially towards the end of the primary season (especially in West Virginia, Kentucky, and Arkansas, three states that were all for Gingrich by >20% just a few weeks before their primary contests but eventually transferred to Romney due to a strong campaign and rigorous ad use).

In the end, Romney won all but nine states, similar to the immense electoral margin that Gingrich had at the beginning of the primary season. #Romneymentum spread across the Republican Party full-force, and resulted in a beautiful primary victory to be remembered for ages.

Republican Party Primary Results:

Mitt Romney (R-MA) - 1697 Delegates; 51.6% PV
Newt Gingrich (R-GA) - 589 Delegates; 39.2% PV
Rick Perry (R-TX) - 0 Delegates; 4.7% PV
Ron Paul (R-TX) - 0 Delegates; 2.3% PV
Rick Santorum (R-PA) - 0 Delegates; 0.7% PV
Michelle Bachmann (R-MN) - 0 Delegates; 0.7% PV
Jon Huntsman (R-UT) - 0 Delegates; 0.7% PV

The General Election:

The 2012 General Election was, for lack of a better word, a virtual disaster for the Romney campaign. Ever since late in the primary season, Obama had developed an inexplicably yet overwhelmingly large lead in both the popular vote and the electoral vote, and despite Mitt's best efforts, nothing could be done to overturn this. Romney worked as hard as he possibly could to conduct an effective campaign and win over the people of America, but his efforts were fruitless. Campaigning seemed to do nothing but further damage Romney's chances, and so I decided to sit the last month or so before the election out and not campaign at all. The results were hilarious:

Barack Obama (D-IL)/Hillary Clinton (D-NY) - 403 Electoral Votes; 60.7% Popular Vote
Mitt Romney (R-MA)/Chris Christie (R-NJ) - 135 Electoral Votes; 39.3% Popular Vote

Yeah, I'm not sure why Obama decided to choose Hillary Clinton as his running mate, but he did, so...

The Democrats swept the electoral map in November, winning more than 60% of the popular vote and more than 400 electoral votes. Obama's largest margins were in CO, WI, MI, and DC, all of which were won with >90%. I don't really have anything else to say other than that I'm kind of disappointed in President Infinity for such iffy results (I'm not complaining about losing the election overall, but >90% in CO and WI? Really?)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2857 on: October 28, 2015, 10:44:58 PM »

2016 - Game Changer

Having completed a 2016 run with all of the actual candidates in the race, I decided to try something different - the same year, but essentially an entirely different group of 2016 contenders.

Republican Nomination:

- Rick Santorum
- Susana Martinez
- Rob Portman
- John Thune
- Mike Pence
- Sarah Palin
- Brian Sandoval
- Nikki Haley

Democratic Nomination:

- Martin O'Malley
- Elizabeth Warren
- Brian Schweitzer
- Mark Warner
- Cory Booker
- Andrew Cuomo
- Kirsten Gillibrand
- Amy Klobuchar

Sixteen candidates total; eight Republicans and eight Democrats. Only Santorum and O'Malley stayed in the pool. I chose to play as Brian Sandoval in the GOP and Amy Klobuchar in the Democrats; both parties had clear initial frontrunners who, unfortunately, were not my candidates.

The Republican primaries started out with Sarah Palin (strangely) as a clear favorite, garnering 29.4% of the popular vote compared to 14% for Haley, 9.3% for Santorum, 8.3% for Thune, 7.5% for Portman, 5.8% for Martinez, 3.3% for Pence, and a mere 2.5% for the dead-last Sandoval. Meanwhile, Elizabeth Warren immediately became the obvious frontrunner for the Democrats, boasting 33.9% of the PV against 14.3% for Cuomo, 7.1% for Klobuchar, 6.9% for Booker, 6.7% for Gillibrand, 3.9% for O'Malley, 3.6% for Schweitzer, and 3.5% for Warner. While Palin controlled the polls in all but eleven states (Sandoval had only Nevada), Warren began with a stunning lead in forty-six (none for Klobuchar).

Both Sandoval and Klobuchar began their bids by campaigning heavily in Iowa, with each round going conveniently much faster due to my realizing that changing the issues with which one campaigns has virtually no effect on polling performance. Both captured Iowa with ease, though unfortunately, neither gained much momentum afterwards. Up next was New Hampshire, where both candidates started off hopelessly behind but eventually managed to gain top-tier places in the polls. While Sandoval beat his opponents in NH handily, Klobuchar lost by a razor-thin margin to Warner (who had taken a surprisingly large recent surge in polling). Klobuchar lost in South Carolina to Schweitzer by a similar margin (Schweitzer had also experienced an abruptly large recent poll surge), though Sandoval was able to manage a victory yet again (as well as one in his home state, Nevada).

By this time, though the early primaries and caucuses had ended, no candidate seemed to be gaining much momentum, with the GOP primaries still being mainly contested between Palin/Haley and Warren/Cuomo remaining as the top Democrats. However, both Sandoval and Klobuchar were able to capture a plurality of the Super Tuesday states (a date that I usually don't do well in), which, contrary to what I expected, actually provided sizeable polling boosts for both candidates. Sandoval was now virtually tied for second place in the GOP with Haley (Palin was still in the lead though shrinking fast), and Klobuchar had somehow managed to squeeze her way in front of even Warren among the Democrats.

Over the next few weeks, both Sandoval and Klobuchar continued to gain significant amounts of momentum for no clear reason other than winning Super Tuesday, and by FL/IL/OH/MO, both candidates were safely in the lead. A surprisingly large amount of dropouts followed (including that of Palin), and by the end of the primary season, both Klobuchar and Sandoval had won their respective party nominations with sizeable leads in both popular vote and delegate count (however, this was not helped by the fact that literally every drop out in either party decided to endorse someone else).

Republican Party Primary Results:

✓ Brian Sandoval (R-NV) - 31.9% Popular Vote; 1852 Delegates
Nikki Haley (R-SC) - 17.9% Popular Vote; 411 Delegates
Sarah Palin (R-AK) - 8.2% Popular Vote; 72 Delegates
Rick Santorum (R-PA) - 12.2% Popular Vote; 55 Delegates
Mike Pence (R-IN) - 7.4% Popular Vote; 42 Delegates
John Thune (R-SD) - 12.3% Popular Vote; 38 Delegates
Rob Portman (R-OH) - 6.2% Popular Vote; 0 Delegates
Susana Martinez (R-NM) - 3.9% Popular Vote; 0 Delegates

Democratic Party Primary Results:

✓ Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) - 32% Popular Vote; 2844 Delegates
Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) - 25.1% Popular Vote; 2676 Delegates
Mark Warner (D-VA) - 12.6% Popular Vote; 0 Delegates
Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) - 8.3% Popular Vote; 0 Delegates
Brian Schweitzer (D-MT) - 7.9% Popular Vote; 0 Delegates
Cory Booker (D-NJ) - 5.9% Popular Vote; 0 Delegates
Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) - 5.2% Popular Vote; 0 Delegates
Martin O'Malley (D-MD) - 3.1% Popular Vote; 0 Delegates

✓ Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)/Sherrod Brown (D-OH) - 352 Electoral Votes; 52.2% Popular Vote
Brian Sandoval (R-NV)/Susana Martinez (R-NM) - 186 Electoral Votes; 47.8% Popular Vote

As I controlled both of the candidates in the General Election, I decided to play as Klobuchar in order to destroy the Sandoval campaign to the maximum extent possible. I changed all of Sandoval's positions to the far-left and prevented him from campaigning whatsoever, though (and this is one of my many qualms with President Infinity) doing so was to no avail. Though Klobuchar was able to go from a 100-EV deficit at the beginning of the GE to a sizeable 352-Electoral Vote lead at the end, this situation should have mandated a 538-EV sweep for Klobuchar in real life, which obviously did not happen. I was especially disappointed with Indiana, New Hampshire, and Iowa, all of which I was poised to win but did not. Regardless, however, I'm actually quite proud with this campaign - still the best $20 I ever spent Tongue.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2858 on: October 29, 2015, 06:39:28 AM »

Am I the only person who plays as one candidate?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2859 on: October 30, 2015, 06:36:12 AM »

I find it more interesting to play as a candidate from each of the parties, personally. But then again, it does make the GEs kind of silly if you win both primaries Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2860 on: October 30, 2015, 12:36:27 PM »

No, we all do. Dar just likes to crush Republicans.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #2861 on: November 03, 2015, 06:45:16 PM »

√ Senator Kelly Ayotte/Speaker of the House Paul Ryan - 289 EV (51.5%)
Congresswoman Cheri Bustos/Attorney General Kamala Harris - 256 EV (48.5%)

Interestingly, Ayotte won 64% of the vote in Florida.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2862 on: November 03, 2015, 10:37:32 PM »

√ President George W. Bush (R-TX)/Sec. of State Colin Powell (R-NY) - 279 EV (50.3%)
Rev. Al Sharpton (D-NY)/Fmr. Sen Carol Mosley Braun(D-IL) - 259 EV (47.5%)
Mr. Ralph Nader(G-CT)/Peter Camejo(G-CA) - 0 EV (2.8%)

I tried playing the old President Forever (like the first one). I suck at it! It was a fun game though, I like older games even if they are a bit buggy. If only Iowa and WI had flipped, then we would of had President Sharpton!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2863 on: November 04, 2015, 05:58:21 PM »

lmao
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2864 on: November 07, 2015, 03:26:33 PM »

Played with Kerry/Clinton against Bush/Cheney on medium difficulty; started with a 272-266 electoral deficit but ended up here. I was less than two points away from victory in Indiana, Arizona, Arkansas, and Colorado. Satisfying performance overall.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2865 on: November 07, 2015, 07:00:45 PM »

Played as Powell on medium difficulty in 2004; results are hilarious. For some reason Braun had an unexplained last-minute surge in the week before the election - if she hadn't, WA, OR, NV, AZ, NM, MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, MD, PA, NH, and ME all would have easily been mine.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #2866 on: November 11, 2015, 06:24:57 PM »

You really are young aren't you? Tongue
kajkajete
« Reply #2867 on: November 14, 2015, 02:53:12 PM »

Does anybody have the full version of president infinity 2016 for free? I would love to buy it but there is no chance I can afford it.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2868 on: November 22, 2015, 08:20:38 PM »

Governor Brian Schweitzer/Senator Cory Booker - 193 EV, 25.9%
Governor Mike Pence/Governor Brian Sandoval - 166 EV, 29.2%
Senator Bernie Sanders/Representative Keith Ellison - 143 EV, 15.3%
Mr. Donald Trump/Mr. Donald Trump, Jr. - 22 EV, 15.8%
Mayor Michael Bloomberg/Secretary Charles Hagel - 14 EV, 8.5%
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #2869 on: November 24, 2015, 08:21:39 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2016, 04:45:28 PM by VPH »

2004 Democratic Primaries

John Edwards
Howard Dean
John Kerry
Dick Gephardt

Howard Dean started out with pretty much a nationwide lead. However, his stock soon began to fall, and John Kerry and John Edwards jostled in the early states. John Edwards' strategy revolved around winning Iowa and New Hampshire. This led to abysmal numbers for Edwards in New Mexico, Arizona, Missouri, North Dakota and Oklahoma. However, Edwards pushed forward in South Carolina, Michigan, Maine, Washington, and Virginia, winning South Carolina by 14%, Michigan by 12%, and Maine by 11%. In Virginia and Washington, Edwards dealt a damaging blow to Howard Dean, who lost by 3% and 2% respectively in tightly fought battles. John Edwards rode a wave of momentum from these wins, securing endorsements from figures such as Bill Clinton. Some of Edwards' biggest wins followed soon after, such as a 34% victory margin in Tennessee and a 27% victory margin in Wisconsin, once thought to be a strong state for Howard Dean. Edwards won all of the March 2nd primaries except for Vermont (Dean) and Massachusetts (Kerry) which he lost by 7% and 6% respectively. These strong performances in opponents' home states relayed to pundits increasing confidence in an Edwards nomination. After huge 29% wins in Minnesota and New York in this span of time, Edwards had to face a momentary Dean/Kerry resurgence. Both Kerry and Dean polled highly in Ohio, but Edwards eked out a 7% win. Dean's true final stand occurred in California, where he finished with 33% to Edwards' 39%. In Texas, Dean finished 10% behind Edwards, who continued to surge. Also notable from this time is Wes Clark's win in the Northern Mariana Islands, his first since Arizona and New Mexico. After then, Edwards mopped up, winning all the remaining primaries by at least a margin of 16%, minus an 11% win in Alaska. Howard Dean picked up 37% in Oregon, but his hopes were long dead by then. The last few primaries were massive Edwards victories. The Edwards campaign had clinched the nomination and chose John McCain as VP.

rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2870 on: November 25, 2015, 11:38:46 AM »

2016 Republican Primaries

John Kasich
Marco Rubio
Carly Fiorina
Donald Trump
Ben Carson
rpryor03
Bahamas