President Forever results thread... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:11:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 882931 times)
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« on: May 20, 2015, 07:14:47 PM »

Anybody else loving those Vczar (sp?) scenarios?
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 07:53:24 PM »

I sure hope we get more realistic modeling and fewer crashes. I was playing a 1936 scenario and on my way to winning at least a state or two as Huey Long and then it just stopped working... Once, I lost North Carolina 83-17 and won the whole election anyway, winning states like Missouri.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 07:38:52 PM »

Martin O'Malley/Brian Schweitzer-304-49.8%
Ben Carson/Susana Martinez-234-49.8%
Jill Stein/Cheri Honkala-0-.3% (I played as Stein to watch how things unfolded)

Kinda stunned that O'Malley won NC and lost VA. Also expected him to win New Hampshire. All in all, it didn't seem to be terribly unrealistic.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 03:30:56 PM »

Simmed through a 2004 scenario I downloaded as Nader. Started in the primaries with a crowded Democratic field (No Kerry though) and a Republican field composed of McCain and Powell. I suspect heavy game strangeness or just a lot of voter fraud. Smiley
Colin Powell/John McCain-451
Dick Gephardt/Wes Clark-87

Some curious results:
North Dakota: 99.3%-.5%-.2%
Virginia: 98.8%-.9%-.3%
New Mexico: 93.7%-4.1%-2.3%
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 08:21:39 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2016, 04:45:28 PM by VPH »

2004 Democratic Primaries

John Edwards
Howard Dean
John Kerry
Dick Gephardt

Howard Dean started out with pretty much a nationwide lead. However, his stock soon began to fall, and John Kerry and John Edwards jostled in the early states. John Edwards' strategy revolved around winning Iowa and New Hampshire. This led to abysmal numbers for Edwards in New Mexico, Arizona, Missouri, North Dakota and Oklahoma. However, Edwards pushed forward in South Carolina, Michigan, Maine, Washington, and Virginia, winning South Carolina by 14%, Michigan by 12%, and Maine by 11%. In Virginia and Washington, Edwards dealt a damaging blow to Howard Dean, who lost by 3% and 2% respectively in tightly fought battles. John Edwards rode a wave of momentum from these wins, securing endorsements from figures such as Bill Clinton. Some of Edwards' biggest wins followed soon after, such as a 34% victory margin in Tennessee and a 27% victory margin in Wisconsin, once thought to be a strong state for Howard Dean. Edwards won all of the March 2nd primaries except for Vermont (Dean) and Massachusetts (Kerry) which he lost by 7% and 6% respectively. These strong performances in opponents' home states relayed to pundits increasing confidence in an Edwards nomination. After huge 29% wins in Minnesota and New York in this span of time, Edwards had to face a momentary Dean/Kerry resurgence. Both Kerry and Dean polled highly in Ohio, but Edwards eked out a 7% win. Dean's true final stand occurred in California, where he finished with 33% to Edwards' 39%. In Texas, Dean finished 10% behind Edwards, who continued to surge. Also notable from this time is Wes Clark's win in the Northern Mariana Islands, his first since Arizona and New Mexico. After then, Edwards mopped up, winning all the remaining primaries by at least a margin of 16%, minus an 11% win in Alaska. Howard Dean picked up 37% in Oregon, but his hopes were long dead by then. The last few primaries were massive Edwards victories. The Edwards campaign had clinched the nomination and chose John McCain as VP.

VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 04:53:14 PM »

Follow Up to Previous Post

Bush/Cheney-396-54.6%
Edwards/McCain-142-45.4%
Bit of a... strange result. I had a HUGE sum of money from fundraising by the end, but I was too lazy to use it all for ads. I probably could have gone more negative and beat Bush, or at least kept it close. Also, picking McCain was an AWFUL idea. I'll try to explain what probably went down.

Out West: Edwards probably dissed the west and also Mormons. John McCain somehow made everybody made in Arizona.

Minnesota: I guess Edwards made fun of their accents? Or called them Canadian.

Delaware and Maryland: Edwards probably decided to close down the Chesapeake Bay to mitigate environmental risk and merge Delaware into Maryland.

Maine: Edwards ran on banning lobster.

I have no clue these are really silly explanations.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 01:13:07 PM »

Battenburg do you always let your EPs dip so low?
Yes. They haven't affected me so far.
How do you win as Webb? I couldn't get more than a few states...
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 11:08:49 PM »

Dean/Chafee-357-62.5%
Bush/Cheney-181-37.5%

Washington, Nevada, and Texas were within 5.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies