President Forever results thread... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:43:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 877247 times)
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 15, 2005, 12:16:41 AM »

[/img]

Reverse '64 landslide in Goldwater's favor!
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 05:42:51 PM »

Yeah I know and he won Texas...
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 08:04:46 PM »

1912 as Taft

RED Taft 469 EVs 39% 22,506,061
BLUE Wilson 36 EVs 22% 12,890,639
Dark Green TR 13 EVs 20% 11,677,588
Light Green Debs 13 EVs 17% 10,203,660
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 12:42:51 AM »

My first game with primaries was very interesting and pretty dang fun. I decided to play as Mitt Romney. I started off neck and neck with Thompson for 3rd place with Giuliani and McCain infront.

I quickly focused on Iowa and California trying to find scandals on Giuliani and Romney won the Iowa Caucus. Rudy wins NH. I save my scandals and negative ads for the 2 days before Super Tuesday. I do very well and win California and quite a few others and am ahead in the votes. Essentially I was in control essentially whenever a candidate would drop out their votes would go to me. I had the thing locked up once it was just Romney and Giuliani. Giuliani though just wouldn't drop out and he was way out in front of me in the polls. Thus, I decided why not make him VP. He accepted.

On the Democratic side there was still an all out war Clinton, Edwards and Obama (in that order) had a very even 3 way split. The day of their convention came around Obama dropped out more of his delegates went to Edwards than Clinton but Clinton still was victorious. Clinton selected Feingold as her veep.

At the beginning of the elections it looked like I was in control even CA and IL were undecided.

The Debates broke down like this
Romney Triumphs
Feingold Wins
Clinton Wins
Romney Wins

Clinton struggled on the Daily Show
Romney shined on the Daily Show
Romney makes good impression on O'Reilly
Clinton tackles questions on O'Reilly
Clinton shines on Dailly Show
Romney tackles questions on Oprah (Huh)

Giuliani was working too hard though since he collapsed on the campaign trail 3 times.

Finally the election is a week away. I have a number of scandals and ads stashed away but Clinton is doing very well and seems to have the thing locked up. 3 days before the election I unleash my scandals and ads nationwide. But the first day theres a pretty big Romney Scandal (ouch). Then it fades away and the Clinton scandal is number one. Still going into election night things looked bad for Romney some Southern states were going Dem and Hillary had a firm lead in the Electoral college unless the public changed there mind in less than one day.

Election night comes and the results are spectacular.

Romney/Giuliani 377 EVS   65,343,106 votes 55.8%
Clinton/Feingold 161 EVS   51,845,475 votes 44.2%

All I have to say is that was a blast. I like what they've done with the game.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies