President Forever results thread... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:16:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 879433 times)
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« on: April 10, 2011, 09:24:23 PM »

2004:

Rep: Bush/Cheney; 275 EV's, 48.3% of PV
Dem: Wesley Clark/Bill Richardson; 263 EV's, 49.2% of PV
Ind: Nader/Camejo; 0 EV's, 2.5%

I played as Wesley Clark in a 2004 scenario.  I hammered Bush on foreign policy, but he won the economy.  On the day before the election I was ahead 52-45 nationwide.  Internal polls had me uo 53-43 in California.  I was the heavy favorite going into election night, and as results poured in it looked more and more likley that I would win a big victory.  Alas, Bush won California by a mere 217 votes!!!  I was disapointed and amazed, to say the very least.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 01:02:35 AM »

2012 Scenario

Fmr. Congressman Newt Gingrich (R-GA)/Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL)-- 287 electoral votes; 66,442,032 votes (51.7% of NPV)
[/b]President Barack Obama (D-IL)/Vice President Joe Biden (D-DE)--251 electoral votes; 62,106,980 votes (48.3% of NPV)

Good campaign.  Was consistently down in VA, NC, CO, and NV until the last few weeks.  Walker and Martinez were two of my biggest surrogates, which proved to be crucial!  Despite the closeness of the election, I never fell behind in the EV count on Election Night.

The closest state was New Mexico, which Gingrich won by only 3,746 votes.  Virginia was a nail-bitter too, with only a 13,000 vote victory for Gingrich.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 07:48:55 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2012, 03:39:12 PM by Rockefeller »

United States presidential election, 2012

Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX)/Gov. Bob McDonnell (R-VA)--269 Electoral Votes; 49.3% of NPV (64,772,000 exactly)
Pres. Barack Obama (D-IL)/Vice Pres. Joe Biden (D-DE)--269 Electoral Votes; 48.9% of NPV (64,342,230)
Fmr. Gov. Gary Johnson (L-NM)/Jim Gray (L-CA)--0 Electoral Votes; 1.8% of NPV (2,336,284)

Election gets thrown to the House of Representatives where Perry wins.  

Closest states:
   New Hampshire (Perry by 554 votes, less than 0.1%)
   Pennsylvania (Obama by 56,584, 1.0%)
   Wisconsin (Perry by 28,895, 1.2%)

Most Obama-voting States:
   Washington, D.C. (91.9%)
   Hawaii (64.4%)
   Massachusetts (61.6%)

Most Perry-voting States:
   Utah (71.5%)
   Idaho (71.2%)
   Wyoming (69.4%)

I played as Obama, and this was a very interesting game.  I think I wasting too much time early-on trying to build infastructure in states like IN, GA, MT, AZ, and MO, while I neglected much of the Rust Belt (IA, WI, MI, OH) and VA.  I was leading, but a Power 9 scandal came out on me the the Friday before Election Day.  

Still, only 554 votes in New Hampshire!!  Talk about a nightmare!

Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 10:16:14 PM »

Pretty impressive if I do say so myself.

I was comfortably ahead in all the swing-states by mid-October, so I spent the last few weeks literally dumping $$$ in California (I think I spent about 11.5 million there)

Oregon was only about 900 votes difference.  I wish I would have gotten it, there's something symbolic that hapens after you cross the 400 EV mark Wink
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 11:47:37 AM »

Doing this one from memory, so it may be a bit off but y'all will get the general jest

United States presidential election, 1912

Wilson - 207
Taft - 196
Roosevelt - 128

Played as Taft in this scenario.

Since I knew I had an uphill battle in this scenario, I decided to go very negative for my campaign strategy.  I originally had two of my theme planks set to negatives - attacking Roosevelt on conservation and Wilson on tariffs.  My original goal was to avoid a 3rd place finish, but as the campaign went on I figured that Roosevelt was more of a friend than an enemy as long as he kept Wilson from winning states in the West.  So, I switched my theme to 2/3 planks being anti-Wilson and that's when the momentum really began to change.  In a somewhat strange happening, I was endorsed by labor unions while Wilson won the support of Tammany Hall.  On election eve, I was projected to finish with more than 270 electoral votes despite still being 8-10 points behind Wilson in the popular vote.  As results came in though, I suffered surprise losses in NY and IL which allowed Wilson to finish ahead of me.  Still the fact that I almost won an outright majority in the electoral college with only apprx. 35% of the popular  vote would have been pretty legit haha.  It goes to the House, which apparently is in Republican control.   
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 09:38:42 PM »

United States presidential election, 2008

Senator John Kerry (D-MA) / Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) - 353 Electoral Votes; 71,656,220 - 52.3%
Senator John McCain (R-AZ) / Governor Bobby Jindal (R-LA) - 185 Electoral Votes; 61,669,057 - 45.0%

Played as Kerry.  Took a very sizable lead early on, and by the time of the first debate I was consistently ahead in all of the swing states plus leading in states like MT, IN, MO and McCain's native AZ.  Won the first and third debates, and Obama beat Jindal in his.  Decided to space-bar to election night around October 17th and got a very solid result.  Surprised by how historically accurate it seemed.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 09:08:06 AM »

2008: Old Rivals

Cheney spent much of the general election attacking Biden for his integrity, as he was previously forced to suspend an earlier presidential campaign after he was caught plagiarizing a speech.  But, with the stock market crash, Biden led through most of the campaign.

Cheney's saving grace this election would be an unexpected scandal involving Biden and a live boy.  Cheney pulled out a victory with the most illogical of results:

Huh
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 12:08:47 PM »

United States presidential election, 2016

(✓) Businessman Donald Trump (R-NY) / Governor Mike Pence (R-IN): ≈71 million votes, 286 EV
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (D-NY) / Senator Tim Kaine (D-VA):  ≈65 million votes, 252 EV

Played as Hillary Clinton and tried to replicate her RL strategy of running exclusively on character issues and highlighting Trump's lack of experience and integrity.  Decided early to go with an "Eastern Strategy" and put most early resources into FL, NC and PA.  I fell behind in NV pretty early, so I gave up on fighting for it - but Colorado and then New Mexico followed (Johnson pulled over 18% of the NM vote on election day).  I started with pretty consistent leads in the Midwest; WI was the first to go, followed by OH and WI - but I held on in MI until the last week, when Trump got a massive momentum swing in the state.  About 2 or 3 weeks until election day, Trump surged in the Northeast and I had to divert a lot of resources there - he started leading in states like NJ and CT, and RI and DE became competitive - even New York was "undecided" for a while.  The fact that I held most of these Northeast states feels like an accomplishment after how hard I worked to win those states back, and it was almost enough to pull it across the finish line in the end.  Despite losing the popular vote by some 6 million, I came surprisingly close in the electoral college - PA and NC were somewhat comfortable wins, and while VA and FL were very close they were big wins for the campaign.  Performance in the West and Midwest was abysmal, however, IL ended up being pretty close, and WI and MN weren't even competitive.  I got stomped in the West, with the narrowest of my losses there coming in CO, but Oregon was a complete surprise - I ended up losing it by less than 2,000 votes.   
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 07:20:25 PM »

First ever time I got a 269-269 tie, I played as Kerry/Richardson:

United States presidential election, 2004

President George W. Bush (R-TX) / Vice President Dick Cheney (R-WY) - 269 EV, 49.7% (61.1 million votes)
Senator John F. Kerry (D-MA) / Governor Bill Richardson (D-NM) - 269 EV, 48.2% (59.2 million votes)
Activist Ralph Nader (I-CT) / Activist Peter Camejo (I-CA) - 0 EV, 2.1% (2.6 million votes)

Closest states were Nevada (Kerry won by 1,010 votes), Florida (Bush won by 40,000 votes) and Ohio (Bush won by 30,000 votes).

I had initially put most campaign resources into Virginia, Florida, Colorado, Nevada and Arizona (trying to bring about the Obama coalition four-years early).  Bush led consistently in AZ and VA going into the end of September, so I shifted those resources to the more traditionally competitive states of Iowa and Ohio.  Almost pulled it off, but he House elected Bush the winner.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies