President Forever results thread... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:11:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 882191 times)
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 21, 2013, 10:38:48 PM »
« edited: April 21, 2013, 10:41:42 PM by CTRattlesnake »

2016 version

1912 election, playing as Roosevelt (apologies for the bad screenshot)

I figured my strength was going to be in the midwest and west and played to that. I dominated both debates, but wilson hung strong. My ads began to work well later in the game and I made significant inroads in places like Ohio and Iowa while also gaining on the Pacific. Wilson dominated the south obviously, and I never really campaigned there. Taft was interesting though, he was nowhere to be seen all game and then he started making big moves in New England as well as a bunch of other random states late in the game. New York was once in Wilsons hands, by a large margin, but Taft made a huge push there late in the game. He never came close to winning, but he helped prevent wilson from getting to 266. How he ended up winning Wisconsin and Oklahoma is beyond me, but oh well.

Final totals were:

Candidate           Popular Vote             Vote Percentage            Electoral Vote

Roosevelt           17,151,233                  29.3                               219
Wilson               24,331,143                  41.5                                204
Taft                   14,134,938                  24.1                               108  
Debs                  2,967,876                     5.1                                 0

So obviously no one got a majority, which interested me because I have not had that happen in this game before. Well, the election went to the house, and being heavily republican, Taft became president. Probably the first president to win less than 1/4 of the vote, but it was certainly interesting to play.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 01:43:17 PM »

2016 Election between

Rand Paul/Brian Sandoval
Elizabeth Warren/Martin O'Malley

Map

Totals

Candidate                Popular Vote (percentage)               Electoral Vote

Paul/Sandoval             63,869,389 (49.6)                          272
Warren/O'Malley         64,848,089 (50.4)                           266

I was down big early playing as Paul. Three bad debate performances and a bad scandal had me down big in states like VA and FL. However, I destroyed Warren in the last debate and that turned things around big time for me. I began to comeback in the midwest and west and my momentum carried the day. Before election day, NH, PA, and NC were tied and Warren was leading in NV. However, I won 3/4 of those states and that proved to be the key. On election night, after winning both OH and PA, I was confident I would do well out west and put in a strong showing there too. I lost NM by 2,000 votes, and was within a few points of warren in most Mid West states as well.

Florida was the only real outlier, could never break through there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies