Thanks a lot Israel!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:48:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Thanks a lot Israel!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Thanks a lot Israel!  (Read 7196 times)
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2009, 01:04:29 AM »

I hate to tell you but there's no such safe place. 1945 grows further and further each year and popular revulsion at the idea of anti-semitism will fade away in time. Religions and cultures die off all the time after all. It's regrettable but it happens. Basically we're seeing and will see non-Israeli judaism wither up and die off due to intermarriage/children of intermarriages not remaining jewish. Even in Israel we'll see the most fanatical/devout/russians adopting patterns more like their secular neighbors. Basically that combined with arab birthrates in the green zones staying high will lead to Israel becoming both more secular and more arab. Once jews are a minority we'll see the same assimilating patterns that secular jews have in non-jewish societies. Incidently, as Israel becomes arabic in nature we're going to see many national symbols changed or tossed out. Even the name won't last. In 2109, Palestine will be a functioning liberal democracy that's mostly arabic in population with a 25% jewish minority consisting mostly of haredi jews.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2009, 09:28:43 AM »

What has caused Hamas to stop in the past?  (honest, non-loaded question)

The only Hamas ceasefire I'm aware of was declared unilaterally under pressure from Abbas and Egypt and collapsed after some weeks.

I don't have an answer to the Israeli-Palestinian problem, but I don't see how any real long-term solution can be based solely on military action without regard to seeking a reasonable political solution that addresses both sides critical issues.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2009, 03:24:17 PM »

Israel will only exist for a few more decades.

I don't think so:

Zech 14:16 "The survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles."
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2009, 03:44:56 PM »

Yahweh couldn't handle iron chariots. Changing differential birthrates is something that's obviously beyond him.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2009, 06:27:48 PM »

Yahweh couldn't handle iron chariots. Changing differential birthrates is something that's obviously beyond him.

what's with the birthrates' thingy?
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2009, 06:54:21 PM »

As far as I'm concerned this latest action proves the absurdity of the situation. Israel is always above reproach, they have massive air and ground superiority and have no problem using it. Yet all we hear is "Israel under siege" as if there's no reason why people have serious anger against them. Any suggestion that something is seriously wrong here, since the creation of the country, is met with emotional arguments which likely belong in the Godwin's Law thread.

Whenever the US loses any use for Israel, let her swing.  If Israel can fight back without billions from my country, then that's lovely, but I really don't care what happens.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2009, 07:13:41 PM »

Congress = The american Knesset
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2009, 12:49:03 AM »

The fact that it's basically impossible to maintain a permanent Jewish majority with the current birthrates.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2009, 10:43:34 AM »

BRTD is entirely correct. Barring genociding the arabs, a jewish minority is inevitable in 30-40 years at the latest. Given how secular israelis are starting to leave it's probably sooner,
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2009, 10:46:18 AM »

You may be right and that's a very scary thought for those Jews that will remain.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2009, 02:40:48 PM »

Israel's arab citizens don't have endless hatred. An Israel that's increasingly populated by them would transform from a jewish state to a secular multiethnic democracy.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2009, 02:42:35 PM »

Israel's arab citizens don't have endless hatred. An Israel that's increasingly populated by them would transform from a jewish state to a secular multiethnic democracy.
What is more likely is that the Jews, fearful of becoming a minority, would carry out a coup d'etat and cease being a democracy.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2009, 02:44:56 PM »

You may be right and that's a very scary thought for those Jews that will remain.

Why? Israel's current 25% Arab population aren't causing them massive problems, they're not even the base of Hamas and the like. All it means is Israel would have to drop the moronic Zionism crap and deal with being a multi-ethnic state like every other country that isn't an apartheid state.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2009, 02:54:39 PM »

Let's look at it this way, right now it's basically an unwritten rule that the Israel governing coalition can't have any Arab parties in it (though of course there are some Arab members of the mainstream parties and some in Parliament, even a Minister recently I think.) That'll soon be pretty much impossible, already governments are letting in nutjobs who would never be considered before anyway. Now what's the problem with that or scary? So some democratically elected members of parties including many IDF veterans and people who have opposed terrorism (Does anyone seriously believe Hamas supports the Arab members of the Knesset rather than regard them as traitors in an illegitimate parliament?) There's nothing scary about it at all, unless you support trash like Lieberman, who I see no difference between and Hamas (And read again before any idiot thinks I'm referring to Joe Lieberman)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2009, 09:41:10 PM »

There's nothing scary about it at all, unless you support trash like Lieberman, who I see no difference between and Hamas (And read again before any idiot thinks I'm referring to Joe Lieberman)

Lieberman is still better than Hamas.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2009, 09:44:42 PM »

He wants to genocide and ethnically cleanse Palestinians and kill more people than Hamas has. He also supported those human trash settlers in Gaza that Israel actually did a good thing in kicking out.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2009, 12:53:19 AM »

There's nothing scary about it at all, unless you support trash like Lieberman, who I see no difference between and Hamas (And read again before any idiot thinks I'm referring to Joe Lieberman)

Is Lieberman better than all Arab parties?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2009, 12:58:57 AM »

Is Lieberman better than all Arab parties?

Actually probably a better question.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2009, 05:30:48 AM »

The fact that it's basically impossible to maintain a permanent Jewish majority with the current birthrates.

well, that's assuming is things go on for decades the way they are now
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2009, 08:00:36 AM »

It's funny how we were told for years that the root of the problems in the Middle East was the Israeli occupation and if only that ended things would improve. So they did end the occupation of Gaza. And violence from Hamas did not stop.

The truth of the matter is, of course, that most Westerners expect more from Israel because they have a more condescending view of Arabs. No one seems to be complaining about Hamas trying to reduce civilian casualities, for instance. Israel is not trying to kill civilians (it's "collateral damage") but Hamas is explicitly doing exactly that. Yet, the demands are for Israel to behave better. Even though Hamas started it, after Israel gave up Gaza to them.

It doesn't have to be the above explanation though. There is an element of anti-semitism involved as well, of course, and above all probably just old-fashioned, knee-jerk political correct reaction patterns.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2009, 10:08:13 AM »

Israel has no problem genociding palestinians but it's own arab citizens are another matter.
Angel of Death
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2009, 12:34:33 PM »

Israel has no problem genociding palestinians but it's own arab citizens are another matter.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7779087.stm
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies