Spanish abandon Christianity
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:21:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Spanish abandon Christianity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Spanish abandon Christianity  (Read 6679 times)
Brambila
Brambilla

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2004, 12:58:39 AM »

Good for them.  It may not be as bad as Islam, but they're much better off without Catholicism.

Anti-Christian bigotry. Not that I care, it's just pathetic.

LOL. Better off without Catholicism...

Its not bigotry - I just disagree with religion like I disagree with some ideologies.  Its like disliking/fearing communists (only of course religion is more dangerous).

Why do you say that? Communism practically is a religion.

I disagree with communists (and leftists in general), but I understand how their minds work - they seem to use reason.  Religion I just don't get at all.

What's unreasonable about Catholicism?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2004, 01:21:23 AM »

Good for them.  It may not be as bad as Islam, but they're much better off without Catholicism.

Its not bigotry - I just disagree with religion like I disagree with some ideologies.  Its like disliking/fearing communists (only of course religion is more dangerous).

I disagree with communists (and leftists in general), but I understand how their minds work - they seem to use reason.  Religion I just don't get at all.

The faith part, of course.  By definition.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2004, 01:27:57 AM »

Obviously, but what specifically is unreasonable?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2004, 01:33:18 AM »

Faith, just as I said.  The antithesis of Reason.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2004, 01:54:24 AM »

Well then state money shouldn't go to any religious institution or education. And I fail to see how occupying Iraq is christian.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2004, 04:42:21 PM »

Please explain your position. I don't see how faith is the antithesis of reason. Christians, at least, don't follow faith against reason, but faith above reason.
Jens
Angola

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2004, 04:55:19 PM »

Please explain your position. I don't see how faith is the antithesis of reason. Christians, at least, don't follow faith against reason, but faith above reason.

I don't know about Opebo, but precisely the fact that faith is but above reason I why I prefer to keep politics and religion separated. It gets messy when one part has absolute and irreversible stands based on assumptions of faith. Nothing personal, it just reminds me of commies who thinks that the communist 1000-years empire is bound to come because of the Marxist dialectics or extreme Adam Smith-capitalists who thinks that any problem can be solved by the powers of the free marked (Not trying to ager anyone. I'm just not very fond of ectremes stances)
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2004, 05:35:31 PM »

What threats do you see specifically from the Catholic Church having influence on the Spanish government? You can list all you want what reminds you of the Soviet Union, but that doesn't link it to the Catholic Church's influence on the Spanish government. Spain hasn't had any recent problems with the Catholic Church's influence, I don't see how it can cause any problems in the future.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2004, 08:14:23 PM »

Faith is by definition unreasonable.  You just believe in something arbitrarily, for no reason - or anyway because you want to.  Pretty silly eh?
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2004, 09:22:53 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Catholicism, at least, is not based on faith. We believe in physical evidence for our faith as well, which is why the Church has been encouraging the study of evolution, and the reason why the church has one of the most prestigious association of scientists in the world- many are nobel prize winners.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies